***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    It really is crazy to know how well Werth played in April and May to be where he is now. He still is leading the league in doubles. Crazy.

that is crazy. I read something that said he has only 4 homers (or something like that) since memorial day. and they were all in june. That might not be completely accurate, but it was something along those lines.

this sucks
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The Fixer wrote:
    It really is crazy to know how well Werth played in April and May to be where he is now. He still is leading the league in doubles. Crazy.

that is crazy. I read something that said he has only 4 homers (or something like that) since memorial day. and they were all in june. That might not be completely accurate, but it was something along those lines.

this sucks

It really makes you wonder, especially with how many runs this teams has produced in the past, that a lot of it comes down to clubhouse chemistry and all that shit. Injuries, yes, and all that, but when you hear stories come out about Werth's bad attitude in the clubhouse and stuff. Just makes you wonder. I mean, this kind of production doesn't just evaporate into the blue.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    how do you leave blanton in to hit in that situation? i realize wilson valdez is probably your best option.....but jesus h christ, he gives you a better chance at a base knock than fat joe who was just due to give up a bomb at that point anyway. way to be chuck.

make a move ruben. any move. make it now. right now.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

this sucks

It really makes you wonder, especially with how many runs this teams has produced in the past, that a lot of it comes down to clubhouse chemistry and all that shit. Injuries, yes, and all that, but when you hear stories come out about Werth's bad attitude in the clubhouse and stuff. Just makes you wonder. I mean, this kind of production doesn't just evaporate into the blue.

dont buy into all that gossip nonsense dude. he didn't poke utley's wife either. if he did, chase seems cool with it, so who cares? shit like that's been going on for ages. they just didnt have twitter back in the 60's
    www.myspace.com
    Annnnnnd 7.5 games back. Possibly 8 by tomorrow.
    The Fixer wrote:

Welp. I'm heading for Maryland. Maybe when I get back I'll be plum surprised.

maryland loves their flag. it is E V E R Y W H E R E.

dude, that is hilarious. I went to college down there and I say the same thing. That state is corny as hell. And the drivers down there make the shitty PA drivers look good. Also, all the dudes wear those burkenstock (sp?) sandals and tuck their t-shirts in the front.

needless to say, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of maryland when I graduated.

the inner harbor is cool, but it gets old after a week.

i like maryland though. used to live in nova and spent a lot of time in md as well. i just don't understand the obsession with the flag. i got cousins in annapolis--that is one cool little town.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    I'm still with The Phills (barely) despite their losing ways :? :oops:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    And it all starts up again.

Olney says Oswalt prefers to pitch in St.Louis and may not require his option be picked up to be traded there.
    jim salsburry says phils wont add a pitcher at all if we cant get oswalt or harren.

:roll:

just fucking get myers if those two pan out for christ sake. you'd owe him a little over a milliion bucks this year and it will take not a whole lot at all to get him.
    www.myspace.com
    jim salsburry says phils wont add a pitcher at all if we cant get oswalt or harren.

just fucking get myers if those two pan out for christ sake. you'd owe him a little over a milliion bucks this year and it will take not a whole lot at all to get him.

Haren isn't getting traded

At this point I wouldn't go crazy to try and add an average guy like myers or lilly...unless you can get them for next to nothing. Trade Werth's ass and start thinking about 2011.

I'm not giving up on 2010 yet, but it's not looking good. and they have to face arguably the best pitcher in the NL today not named halladay. awesome
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Olney says Oswalt prefers to pitch in St.Louis and may not require his option be picked up to be traded there.

So what you're saying is Oswalt's a puss.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kind of, not really. I mean he negotiated the no trade clause into his contract for a reason. Pitching for Dave Duncan has got to be pretty enticing.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kind of, not really. I mean he negotiated the no trade clause into his contract for a reason. Pitching for Dave Duncan has got to be pretty enticing.

and he gets to hit 8th in that stupid ass lineup. larussa is a hand job
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that, or he's looking for a baseball town with a bind faith instead of town that is a bunch of assholes and he doesn't want to take any criticism from said assholes.

Yeah, that, or he's looking for a baseball town with a bind faith instead of town that is a bunch of assholes and he doesn't want to take any criticism from said assholes.

Haha, well true. I would imagine it is a little bit of both.
    I wonder what he would do if St Louis will not pick up his option but Philly would. Sounds like he really wants to go to the Cards but $16 mil is tough to walk away from. Not going to happen but would be interesting.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, well true. I would imagine it is a little bit of both.

Yeah, he could either keep on playing Houston or go to St. Louis where there's no pressure at all in either places, or, come to Philly and crack like a little puss. Hence, Oswalt = Puss.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I wonder what he would do if St Louis will not pick up his option but Philly would. Sounds like he really wants to go to the Cards but $16 mil is tough to walk away from. Not going to happen but would be interesting.

He would probably make up another douchebag reason not to come here. And why in the hell would Houston trade him within the division?

This season is making me bitter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He would probably make up another douchebag reason not to come here. And why in the hell would Houston trade him within the division?

This season is making me bitter.

Houston's owner is a whack job. I could see him vetoing a deal at the last hour for no apparent reason.

And I'm right there with you on your second point.

Here's some news that should make us feel better. at least until we see wainwright shut the phils out in an hour.

Scout's View: Phillies Class A Clubs

By John Manuel
    July 21, 2010

E-mail Print

The Phillies' farm system would be forgiven for taking a step backwards after the trades the last two years that brought Cliff Lee and then Roy Halladay to the City of Brotherly Love. In trading Lee, the Phillies gave up righthanders Carlos Carrasco and Jason Knapp, catcher Lou Marson and infielder Jason Donald. To get Halladay, they gave up righthander Kyle Drabek, outfielder Michael Taylor and catcher Travis d'Arnaud. That's five players who had been Top 100 Prospects at one time, and the two who weren't, Marson and Donald, have spent much of 2010 in the majors.

And yet the Phillies system figures to move up BA's Organization Talent Rankings next March after ranking 18th prior to the 2010 season. That's because few organizations have as much talent at the lowers levels as the Phils, whose rosters at low Class A Lakewood and high Class A Clearwater are bursting with talent.

Two scouts doing pro coverage for National League organizations broke down some of the high-ceiling talent they saw for the Blue Claws and Threshers.

"Lakewood is stacked. (Jarred) Cosart was out when I saw them, but it's hard to know how much better he would be than (Brody) Colvin. I saw Colvin throw very well. He was sitting 91-94 mph with his fastball all game the first six innings or so, and then he got into trouble in the seventh, had some runners on. He just reached back and was up to 95-96 in the seventh for the first time all game. He had a different gear when he got into trouble. He's got good arm speed on his changeup and used it when he was behind in the count. His arm action is long in the back, but he has a very quick arm that makes up for it. It's a slurvy breaking ball but he's got a chance to be a three-pitch guy who holds his velocity. He gets downhill and repeats his delivery. He has everything it takes to be a starter—the stuff, the arsenal, the durability.

"They were so good up the middle. I've seen (catcher) Sebastian Valle better in the past, and he was just OK blocking and moving his feet, but he has a plus arm. I've seen him better with the bat so I think it's in there. (Jonathan) Villar at short has ridiculous range and easy actions. Defensively, it's all there, 60 arm, very good range.

"Their whole team plays so hard and is very aggressive on the bases. You have to give the organization credit and also the manager, Mark Parent, they're playing hard for him."

"Clearwater really impressed me with their arms too. Trevor May is what it's supposed to look like, and his fastball was 92-94 mph at the (Florida State League) all-star game. Justin DeFratus isn't a high-profile guy for them (No. 29 in last year's Top 30) and I had him popping 95-98. Austin Hyatt's also developed nicely for them, he's a college draft guy who has improved and has good secondary stuff with his changeup and slider, which is why he has (128 strikeouts in 99 innings). I haven't seen as much of (Anthony) Gose this year as I did last year, but his tools are impressive. From what I can see, Lakewood and Clearwater are both pretty loaded."
    That's a little ray of hope for four, five years from now. All I know is aside from the way they spending now - which is definitely not a bad thing - they should pay their development/scouting staff handsomely and keep them around a long time - especially Chuck Lamar.
    Motherfucker who does not have an office and sits near me is on a conference call on fucking speakerphone at his fucking desk by himself. So fucking annoying. End rant.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Motherfucker who does not have an office and sits near me is on a conference call on fucking speakerphone at his fucking desk by himself. So fucking annoying. End rant.

Ugh. What a douche.

"NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS."

"SO WHAT'S EVERYONE DOING FOR THE WEEKEND?"

All while max volume is on...LOOK AT ME! I'M IMPORTANT!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ugh. What a douche.

"NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS."

"SO WHAT'S EVERYONE DOING FOR THE WEEKEND?"

All while max volume is on...LOOK AT ME! I'M IMPORTANT!

Yeah, exactly. You are actually fucking spot on.
    polanco leading off makes no sense.

thanks charlie, it's been fun, but it's time for a change. you're still clueless. go be a hitting coach somewhere
    The Fixer wrote:

thanks charlie, it's been fun, but it's time for a change. you're still clueless. go be a hitting coach somewhere

Well, he did work the count. As opposed to Shane hitting 2nd - SWINGING AT THE FIRST FUCKING PITCH.....

....AGAIN.
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, he did work the count. As opposed to Shane hitting 2nd - SWINGING AT THE FIRST FUCKING PITCH.....

....AGAIN.

ha

need to get to wainwright early. he'll be in lockdown mode after this inning
    Uh oh......watch out......the beard is gone.
    Nope. Same results.
    Uh oh......watch out......the beard is gone.

now he just needs to lose the tampon
    i got the following text from my buddy literall seconds before holiday's hit:
    "hamels perfect into the 5th"

way to go.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.