Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    When I was back in the UK I went ot the GP and have ben planning for "going smokefree" as they now call it.

I've failed so many times before but I'm feeling good this time as I have some literature from the NHS and it is helping. I usually replapse after 3 days, I'm only on day 2now :)

The literature is helping as it talks about health, triggers and planning. I planned this date a month ago and I've been working working towards it. But I really don't know if I will last long...
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    When I was back in the UK I went ot the GP and have ben planning for "going smokefree" as they now call it.

I've failed so many times before but I'm feeling good this time as I have some literature from the NHS and it is helping. I usually replapse after 3 days, I'm only on day 2now :)

The literature is helping as it talks about health, triggers and planning. I planned this date a month ago and I've been working working towards it. But I really don't know if I will last long...
    Neither did I. Tuesday will make 5 weeks. It can be done.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Funny this thread just got bumped up, I'm on Day 1 today. Quit cold turkey back in '09 and made it for 7 months so I'm gonna give it another shot. If anything to save money and be able to sing better,....not to mention health/breathing better.
  • Options
    Okay, 72 hours has been and gone. That is a good thing.
  • Options
    Okay, 72 hours has been and gone. That is a good thing.
    :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

At this point , its simple. Dont pick up the first one. Sound familiar?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    6 weeks and PJ20 the movie today!!! How awesome is that?

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Adam,,im watching you...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Adam,,im watching you...
    :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Adam,,im watching you...
    hehe..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Smoked for 17 yrs. Quit 3 yrs ago..cold turkey..Drink a ton more coffee though.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Adam,,im watching you...
    so..now..you have to watch for yourself....
    i guess the gift i gave you gonna be usefull now.. ;)

everything happens for a reason buddy..
  • Options
    Adam,,im watching you...
    so..now..you have to watch for yourself....
    i guess the gift i gave you gonna be usefull now.. ;)

8 weeks. thats right 8 glorious smoke free weeks!!!

BD, I know how this support thing works ;) hit me up when you can!!!!

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    8 weeks. thats right 8 glorious smoke free weeks!!!

BD, I know how this support thing works ;) hit me up when you can!!!![/quote]
    way to go buddy!!! :)
  • Options
    1st of January. Time for a big BUMP on this thread :lol:

I quit at Xmas. Invested some money I was given in a month of nicotene patches (which would be free if I lived in the UK :evil: ) and am on the smoking wagon again. Day 5, feeling good.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Well it's been just over 6 months since the heart attack...

And not 1 cig since 9/30/11

Longest I have gone without since I started...

Amazing what a ball of flame in your chest can do for motivation :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

You had a heart attack??? :( I didn't know aout that... Hope everything is okay... SO Glad YOU Stopped Smoking!!! ;):)

"Congrats to YOU!!!" :clap::clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ive been smoke free for 4 weeks and counting. hopefully, it's for good this time
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

:thumbup:
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow, first time I've seen this thread, good luck to you all. I used to smoke for years and haven't had one for about 6-7 years now. Feel sooooooooooooo much better, food tastes better and I am able to do more physically. So worth it folks, keep it up! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    I am quitting for good this time for good on Apr. 9. Congrats to those that haven't picked them back up.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm on day 3. I feel great and just putting the cravings out of my head. I've also given up coffee and alcohol and its really made a difference.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I'm on day 3. I feel great and just putting the cravings out of my head. I've also given up coffee and alcohol and its really made a difference.
    Woo hoo Nathan!!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

:oops: I feel guilty I let you bum a smoke from me at Alpine...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

:oops: I feel guilty I let you bum a smoke from me at Alpine...
    Oh please... Best thing that ever happened to me... I am doing so much better...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Woo hoo Nathan!!!!!
    Thanks man. Love the new avatar. You too RKCNDY. I was never a big time smoker (max prob 10 per day, most days 2-3), but I was/am addicted. One day at a time.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Woo hoo Nathan!!!!!
    Thanks man. Love the new avatar. You too RKCNDY. I was never a big time smoker (max prob 10 per day, most days 2-3), but I was/am addicted. One day at a time.

that's me...I smoke when I go out to be social with people...This weekend, I probably smoked an entire pack of smokes, I haven't had a smoke since Monday. prob won't smoke again until this weekend...but that's only if we go out. I don't really crave it. I just hate looking like a nerd with the DD drink in my hand.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    coming up on 10 months next weekend. still sounds good sometimes while driving.

• Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Wow, I guess I have some reading to do!

I am curious as to the duration of the withdrawal that people experienced while quitting. Obviously this will vary from person to person.

I'm on Day 4. I got through my first day of work without any problems, but cannot at this time guarantee the safety of my roommate.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I haven't had a cig in 5 weeks, but will admit to the clove use. I hope to slow that down once my summer classes end. Hoping to be done with all smoking except fun things by the end of the summer.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I will also say no more 2 diet Mountain Dews a day are also a part of my move toward better health. I do drink tea if I need a kick but it's just that, water, homemade juicer juice, and beer...down 11 lbs from it too.