Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Agreed! Tipsy sex can be great fun sex :D

*thread integrity*

When you smoke weed do you mix it with tobacco?
    my friends in greec do. I dont. I'll gag if I taste tobacco in my weed
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    my friends in greec do. I dont. I'll gag if I taste tobacco in my weed

ah... I've never smoked it with tobacco, I used to smoke pure weed spliffs :o

I know someone who 'quit' smoking but still smokes spliffs with tabacco in them... :rolleyes:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    day 3 baby!

man i am tired of relapsing i am doing it this time!

i'm using weed to help me ween off the cigs. i know weed isn't good either but this is the stop smoking CIGS thread.

so yeah today is day 3 i am off the cigs and on the green. it's going well and once i get more time in, i'll be all good.
  • Options
    ah... I've never smoked it with tobacco, I used to smoke pure weed spliffs :o

I know someone who 'quit' smoking but still smokes spliffs with tabacco in them... :rolleyes:
    that shit tore my throat up pretty bad after I quit cigs and people passed me a joint mixed with tobacco in it.

straight up greens man, ALL DAY! :D
  • Options
    day 3 baby!

man i am tired of relapsing i am doing it this time!

i'm using weed to help me ween off the cigs. i know weed isn't good either but this is the stop smoking CIGS thread.

so yeah today is day 3 i am off the cigs and on the green. it's going well and once i get more time in, i'll be all good.

This is awesome!!! Whatever you think makes you get through the day. I am eating like a pig to compensate and will deal with those consequences later!

Good luck getting through the next stage!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I WANT A SMOKE! I feel dizzy. I'm workin here...jeez louiz.

or at least some of the wild sex the posters above me are having...

Either I want a smoke or I want someone to smoke me.

Can I get an Amen?
  • Options
    This is awesome!!! Whatever you think makes you get through the day. I am eating like a pig to compensate and will deal with those consequences later!

Good luck getting through the next stage!

Me too I am eating like crazy!
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ONE MONTH!!!!!

Damn that went quick. Congratulations to ya

To all those others trying - good luck. I aint been in here for a while. Best go and check up on everyone
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    Ehh, been back on cigs for a little over a week. Gotta get back on (or is it off?) the wagon. Thinking about waiting until after Thanksgiving, I know I'll probably be out and drinking a lot this next week. Shit sucks, my lungs were hurtin when I went to the gym yesterday, no fun.

Thats a shame. I got a friend doing the same...said she is gonna enjoy Christmas and NYE then give em up at midnight 1/1/09

Fingers crossed for you
  • Options
    pinot768pinot768 Posts: 295
    I downloaded a coupon for $10.00 of Nicorette gum, and I have 5 1/2 packs left...when those are gone, I'm done...
    "I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Congrats :)

So this time next week will be :eek:

13 weeks, 3 months, quarter of a year ... an AMAZING accomplishment :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:

What she said :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Chime wrote:

I KNOW!!! The amazing thing is I (we) started on my Daughter's Birthday and next Tuesday is my middle one's Birthday! My wife and I like the 2nd for birthdays :D

The middle one is so anti-smoking too.

Well let's celebrate today's accomplishments too.

12 Weeeeeks!! Day 85!! Woooohoooo!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Has she ever tried to quit. I really hope she decides to stop smoking, some people won't even try. They really have to want to, it sucks, but you can't force someone to.

Good Luck ;)
    nah she never tried. She will just smoke ights now or some shit. AIn't nothing I can do..I been trying since was a kd by breaking her cigs, screaming at her, you name it. Nothing.

well I wanna give Kudos to LeatherMandi for trying hard as fuck to quit. She only takes a few puffs here and there the past week. Good job kid :)
  • Options
    Today's the first day since I quit that I had absolutely no desire to smoke.
    Even when walking past the smokers who hang outside the doors...nothing. Smelled like shit to me!!
    Me = excited and relieved

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well, and good luck to the rest of us who are trying!! :)
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    Today's the first day since I quit that I had absolutely no desire to smoke.
    Even when walking past the smokers who hang outside the doors...nothing. Smelled like shit to me!!
    Me = excited and relieved

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well, and good luck to the rest of us who are trying!! :)

That must be an incredible feeling! Well done!! :D

• Options
    hartamh wrote:
    That's one of the first steps, when you can't stand the smell of them:) Congrats to you Cocaine_Nosejob!!!! My husband is still smoking, he just doesn't have any respect for me or my son that stopped smoking at the same time I did. He's an asshole in so many ways:eek: :rolleyes:

Happy for you though!

Ugh, that sucks. My aunt is in the same position, she hasn't smoked for years but her husband is a chain smoker and refuses to take it outside. Her doctor told her she's developing emphysema (sp?) and he still won't.
    I fucking hate him. :mad:
    Good luck to you though! It might be harder, but still possible... :)
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    I went from 5 a day to over a pack! I failed.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283

You haven't failed.. it's just a slip up. Think about what got you smoking more than five per day.. Think of the reasons for you quitting/cutting down... Can you think of why you were smoking more? can you learn from it? What will it take for you to cut down again? Anything we can help with?
    I have no signature
  • Options
    life without cigarettes=better life
    period
  • Options
    So on this holiday where you give thanks, I must thank all of you!! The tryers and the well wishers. Without you I would not be 87 days into being a healthier member of society and smoke free on Thanksgiving for the first time in 27 years!!!

So thank you to everyone of you who stopped in here to say congrats, give inspiring stories, try, try again or just to say hi!!

You are the reason this has been successful for me and I will never, ever forget it.

THANK YOU ALL :)

Adam

hartamh
    DonJon
    SENROCK!
    Chime
    KosmicJelli
    yellowled24
    HOOKER
    Sian-of-the-dead
    Left Porch
    Drowned Out
    Cocaine_Nosejob
    stickboy
    kcherub
    Stone Is God
    urbanhippie
    Music For Rhinos
    pinot768
    Stella
    Riot_Mac
    pearljamjen
    Nothingman54
    *dawn*
    Jeremy1012
    nuffingman
    decides2dream
    TipJammer
    Porchsitter
    illegal pants
    chadwick
    peacegirl
    mickeyrat
    Lizard
    riffrandall
    elmer
    Red Lukin
    eyedclaar
    I BrisK I
    satansbedbugs
    PJSerf
    nadja_vedder
    Snake
    EquallyWorthless
    LongRd.
    samjam
    eddie's Tone rocks
    GraySaturday
    iamsampj
    pjtradeking
    pjtaper
    An Animal
    BlackCorduroy
    dunkman
    In My Dreams
    LeatherMandi
    SOLAT319
    jocelyn
    Phantom Pain
    markymark550
    keeponrockin
    RolandTD20Kdrummer
    CROJAM95
    joeybuckets
    Doodah972
    Touchofgray16
    angelm19
    shestumbledin
    EddieVedderFan1
    monkeywish
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    woooo!

So ive been VERY well behaved and i really do think i have beat the "addiction" part...(not to mention the habitual side) i have had a few puffs here and there because at this point i am just exercising my ability, and seeing what exactly it is about smoking that i love(ed) so much. I still find it incredibly enjoyable at times so i guess i'm not really completely over it but.. i don't smoke anymore yay! I am so thankful that im well on my way to being healthier .. hopefully in next year or so someone will event cancer free smokes! *drools*

:D

Glad to hear black diamond has come such a way :) good job buddy!
    Happy thanksgiving to all of you wonderful lil souls... and to yours!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!!!
    Get up again! You can DO IT!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    woooo!

So ive been VERY well behaved and i really do think i have beat the "addiction" part...(not to mention the habitual side) i have had a few puffs here and there because at this point i am just exercising my ability, and seeing what exactly it is about smoking that i love(ed) so much. I still find it incredibly enjoyable at times so i guess i'm not really completely over it but.. i don't smoke anymore yay! I am so thankful that im well on my way to being healthier .. hopefully in next year or so someone will event cancer free smokes! *drools*

:D

Glad to hear black diamond has come such a way :) good job buddy!
    Happy thanksgiving to all of you wonderful lil souls... and to yours!
    lol, I dont smoke anymore :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I must admit this thread just has good vibes emanating from it.

Everytime I pop my head in here there is another success story....whether it be triers or those that have completed their mission.

It only seems like yesterday this thread was started

Quote from stickboy............no ciggies = better life!!!

Well done team
  • Options
    Ok, so I have a cold and a really bad sore throat that has been going on for a couple of days now. Since it feels like I'm swallowing razor blades right now, the thought of a cigarette is just painful. SO...I decided to quit now. I tasked hubby with getting rid of the three packs of cigarettes I had left, bought the Nicorette, and have decided I'm done. I've not smoked since about 11:00 last night. I've only had one bad craving, and the Nicorette helped with that. Wish me luck!!
  • Options
    Thanks! I went to the doctor today, and got some medicine. I have to get better quick, as I have finals coming up in two weeks. It is going to be tough getting through finals without smoking, but I got LOTS of Nicorette, and have hubby's support, so it will be ok.
  • Options
    pinot768 wrote:
    Ok, so I have a cold and a really bad sore throat that has been going on for a couple of days now. Since it feels like I'm swallowing razor blades right now, the thought of a cigarette is just painful. SO...I decided to quit now. I tasked hubby with getting rid of the three packs of cigarettes I had left, bought the Nicorette, and have decided I'm done. I've not smoked since about 11:00 last night. I've only had one bad craving, and the Nicorette helped with that. Wish me luck!!

I (WE) are soooo thrilled!!! You are doing the best thing possible! I am usually coughing up golf balls with my semi-annual bronchitis attack in November! Today, I played basketball!! I may have sucked but I was out there.

Good for you!! Just keep focused and feel free to vent and bitch as much as humanly possible!! Sounds like you have a very helpful husband!!

Good luck and I hope we have a new count starting.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I (WE) are soooo thrilled!!! You are doing the best thing possible! I am usually coughing up golf balls with my semi-annual bronchitis attack in November! Today, I played basketball!! I may have sucked but I was out there.

Good for you!! Just keep focused and feel free to vent and bitch as much as humanly possible!! Sounds like you have a very helpful husband!!

Good luck and I hope we have a new count starting.

I do have a very supportive hubby, and my mom, too. Thanks for the support here...hopefully the nicorette will keep from becoming a raging bitch :D
  • Options
    pinot768 wrote:
    I do have a very supportive hubby, and my mom, too. Thanks for the support here...hopefully the nicorette will keep from becoming a raging bitch :D

Oh and I put your name up front now :D
    An official tryer. I did not want to do it unless you started and put the pressure on.
    GoiMTvP.gif