Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    pinot768 wrote:
    Hey, hopefully in 106 days I'll have 80 days...

Stick around this thread and there'll be no 'hopefully' about it ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Thanks so much dude!

I can not believe you were a smoker and have been cycling like you have! That is awesome!
    yea man, I smoked for like 5-6 yrs and then I snapped. I hated waking up every morning coughing up phlegm , nose stuffy and not being able to breathe. Not to mention that nasty taste in my mouth..bleah :( I also dveloped this thing that whenever I would hook up with a girl and make out with her it was an immediate turnoff. She could be hot as hell but the minute I taste her cig breath I would get turned off big time

well I still smoke these days even as a biker, but its only a few hits of some weed here and there :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea man, I smoked for like 5-6 yrs and then I snapped. I hated waking up every morning coughing up phlegm , nose stuffy and not being able to breathe. Not to mention that nasty taste in my mouth..bleah :( I also dveloped this thing that whenever I would hook up with a girl and make out with her it was an immediate turnoff. She could be hot as hell but the minute I taste her cig breath I would get turned off big time

well I still smoke these days even as a biker, but its only a few hits of some weed here and there :D
    Wow!! Good for you!

And as far as the last part, that's why we have the word Cigarette in the thread title :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

Well done for quitting! :D

I used to smoke a lot when I was drunk. I too would wake up with phlegmy lungs and a horrible taste in my mouth and that was only a couple of nights a week! I couldn't imagine having that every morning for 5 or more years... Besides that, it was a HUGE turn off for men (which I should have understood because I've always found it disgusting to taste cigarettes on men and would never date a smoker :confused: ). I'm glad I haven't touched a cigarette for nearly a year but it can be hard as sometimes when I'm drunk, if I see my friends smoking I do want one :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    I just wanted to pop in and give kudos to everybody that is quitting. It will not only be the hardest thing you will probably do, it will also give you the greatest sense of accomplishment!

DON'T QUIT QUITTING

That craving you're feeling right now...occupy yourself with a distraction for 5 minutes and it will pass. My crutches...water, straws and tootsie pops! I am 1 year, 326 days smoke-free and I still can't believe I did it and I smoked for over 25 years.

You CAN do it! :)
    There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

We do not inherit the earth from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
  • Options
    Wow!! Good for you!

And as far as the last part, that's why we have the word Cigarette in the thread title :D
    hhaahah, makes sense. :D

thanx man and yea Im all about helping my people and enccouraging them to quit. Its something that if you DO overcome it you DEF will not regret it. Your stamina feels better, you want to be more active, hell even the quality and sex life becomes more enjoyable.

Theres just NOTHING good about smoking cigs.

Ban cigs and legalize weed!!!
  • Options
    Well done for quitting! :D

I used to smoke a lot when I was drunk. I too would wake up with phlegmy lungs and a horrible taste in my mouth and that was only a couple of nights a week! I couldn't imagine having that every morning for 5 or more years... Besides that, it was a HUGE turn off for men (which I should have understood because I've always found it disgusting to taste cigarettes on men and would never date a smoker :confused: ). I'm glad I haven't touched a cigarette for nearly a year but it can be hard as sometimes when I'm drunk, if I see my friends smoking I do want one :o
    Good job Sian! Thats how I started...in Greece going out getting drunk back in 93 and picked up social smoking..here and there, till I became a full time smoker. In Dec of 98 with a lil help from my sister challenging my willpower I quit that shit cold turkey :D It was fucking hard as hell but I knew I was strong enough and since then have never caved in...I even lite cigs for my female friends myself and pass them the cig these days and I still have NO desire to inhale :p
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm glad I haven't touched a cigarette for nearly a year but it can be hard as sometimes when I'm drunk, if I see my friends smoking I do want one :o

That's what us non-smokers are there for ... keep you company when the others pop outside (in the cold, wind and rain :p) for their cigarette :)

Congrats to all those who've quit.
    I've always found it disgusting to taste cigarettes on men and would never date a smoker

Yeah never say never ... but I think I would find it hard to date a smoker :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    That's what us non-smokers are there for ... keep you company when the others pop outside (in the cold, wind and rain :p) for their cigarette :)

NEVER!
    I will NEVER date a smoker!
    Hell even when I get my own house Im gonna have either a smoking room or muthafuckas gotta go outside. NO SMOKING in my house! Unless of course its Green :D
  • Options
    Chime wrote:

Yeah never say never ... but I think I would find it hard to date a smoker : o

I can't thank you enough :o It's only because I have so much respect for you and because I fancied Dave (he hates smoking) that I stopped from that night onward :o

I can see what you're saying, 'I'd rather not date a smoker' would probably be more accurate :)

• Options
    stickboy wrote:
    NEVER!
    I will NEVER date a smoker!
    Hell even when I get my own house Im gonna have either a smoking room or muthafuckas gotta go outside. NO SMOKING in my house! Unless of course its Green :D

That's a 'no' to ladies who smoke then? LOL :D

When me and Dave get our own place it's gonna be a smoke free house. Smokers can kill themselves outside! :D

I used to smoke a lot of weed and still have friends who do but they'll be asked to go outside too. Partly because I don't want my house to smell and partly because I can't be tempted that way :o

• Options
    That's a 'no' to ladies who smoke then? LOL :D

When me and Dave get our own place it's gonna be a smoke free house. Smokers can kill themselves outside! :D

I used to smoke a lot of weed and still have friends who do but they'll be asked to go outside too. Partly because I don't want my house to smell and partly because I can't be tempted that way :o
    thats a BIG NO to ladies who smoke....sorry no offense smoking hot ladies. Just not my thing
    :p

and I totally hear ya Sian about the temptation thing. ;)
  • Options
    Chime wrote:

I to this day do not understand why my wife married me, because she was such an anti-smoker.

As a matter of fact, at the time I was so sick of women trying to get me to quit smoking, that I always told them that I would NEVER quit and you could leave if you don't like (Yeah, what a winner I was :eek: )

She has been trying to get me to quit forever (especially since I had kids) and is eternally grateful to all of YOU for the incredible turnaround I have had!

So thanks again!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I to this day do not understand why my wife married me, because she was such an anti-smoker.

As a matter of fact, at the time I was so sick of women trying to get me to quit smoking, that I always told them that I would NEVER quit and you could leave if you don't like (Yeah, what a winner I was :eek: )

She has been trying to get me to quit forever (especially since I had kids) and is eternally grateful to all of YOU for the incredible turnaround I have had!

So thanks again!
    THATS awesome bro

keep it up!
    and youre DEF a winner :)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    thats a BIG NO to ladies who smoke....sorry no offense smoking hot ladies. Just not my thing
    :p

and I totally hear ya Sian about the temptation thing. ;)

Quick question... what about women who smoke green?

• Options
    Quick question... what about women who smoke green?
    uhm

makes sex more enjoyable? :D
  • Options
    ONE MONTH!!!!!
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    ONE MONTH!!!!!

WOW!!!!!

That is amazing!!! Congrats!!

How are you Feeling?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    WOW!!!!!

That is amazing!!! Congrats!!

How are you Feeling?

.......meh......it's definitely hard still, but getting better!
    Thanks!!
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    ONE MONTH!!!!!
    niiiice!
    dont een think about it or worry about it!
    before long it'll be TWO months and soon enogh you'll be on a YEAR of no smoking and by then you'll hate anything to do with that shit...even second hand smoke will prolly piss you off like it does me!

now if I can only get the people I care about like my mom to quit her 2 packs a day :(
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    stickboy wrote:

now if I can only get the people I care about like my mom to quit her 2 packs a day :(

Yeah I want my folks to quit ... they have a no smoking in the house rule even though they are the only people living there ... I appreciate it when I go to stay though :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Ehh, been back on cigs for a little over a week. Gotta get back on (or is it off?) the wagon. Thinking about waiting until after Thanksgiving, I know I'll probably be out and drinking a lot this next week. Shit sucks, my lungs were hurtin when I went to the gym yesterday, no fun.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah I want my folks to quit ... they have a no smoking in the house rule even though they are the only people living there ... I appreciate it when I go to stay though :D
    I figured after operations and doctors telling my mom she needs to quit, she'd learn by now, but NOOOoooOOOOOooo!
    she smokes like a fucking chimney still :(
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    uhm

makes sex more enjoyable? :D

I didn't find that but meh... each to their own ;)
    ONE MONTH!!!!!

WELL DONE!!!! :D:D

;)

• Options
    I didn't find that but meh... each to their own ;)

WELL DONE!!!! :D:D

;)
    I dunno... it always kinda made it more fun with my exes and it lasted much longer, or made us wanna go at it about 3-4 times a day :D
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I dunno... it always kinda made it more fun with my exes and it lasted much longer, or made us wanna go at it about 3-4 times a day :D

See, one of my exes used to smoke regularly and the sex completely dried up. I have a high sex drive so it was completely infuriating for me.

I think I only did it a few times whilst stoned. A few times when i've smoked it and once when I ate it. I hallucinate when I eat weed... that was probably the funnest time for me :o

• Options
    See, one of my exes used to smoke regularly and the sex completely dried up. I have a high sex drive so it was completely infuriating for me.

I think I only did it a few times whilst stoned. A few times when i've smoked it and once when I ate it. I hallucinate when I eat weed... that was probably the funnest time for me :o
    yea I cant say any of my exes where lacking in the sex drive department and same applies for me...I love..u know..making sure my female companion is satisfied. Many times it would be a lil while after we smoked..not immediately..just kinda like building up the foreplay and stuff ;)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea I cant say any of my exes where lacking in the sex drive department and same applies for me...I love..u know..making sure my female companion is satisfied. Many times it would be a lil while after we smoked..not immediately..just kinda like building up the foreplay and stuff ;)

Hmmm... I don't really like having drunk sex either though, but each to their own. :)

• Options
    Hmmm... I don't really like having drunk sex either though, but each to their own. :)
    not a big fan of drunk sex either...tipsy sex maybe, but not complete drunken sex
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    not a big fan of drunk sex either...tipsy sex maybe, but not complete drunken sex

Agreed! Tipsy sex can be great fun sex :D

*thread integrity*

When you smoke weed do you mix it with tobacco?