Options

((( The Stop Smoking Cigarettes Thread)))

Comments

• Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    DonJon wrote:
    Page 4....has everyone given up??

Been away for a few days so hope everyone is doing well.

Chadwick - jump on board champ and give em up.

Cocaine Nosejob and Yellowled24 - how are you two little cherubs doing?
    Pretty good thanks mate :)

I did 6 days no ciggies, now only smoking about 2 a day.

I think im gonna try and cut down to 2 a day for a bit and see how I go...the whole cold turkey thing doesnt really work for me yet ;)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Options
    DonJon wrote:
    Still no difference when you are training?

More than before, but I don't think it's been significantly affected.
    I did go to the doctor before I quit and was given a prescription for advair (Like a puffer for asthma, but proactive instead of reactive), so I'm sure that's made a huge difference.
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    mr. black diamond, sir

i was thinking of this thread today, yep i sure was.
    i was thinking to myself, "chad, you are one dumb-asshole for smoking."

then later on i thought to myself again, maybe i'd start a thread called, "i am a dumb-asshole for smoking and i need to quit."

then it occurred to me that their is already a thread on quitting smoking.

i started back up (like the 8th time) on july 3rd.
    stress and life brought me back to the cigs.
    G-d I hate it when I am posting and I miss an important one like this!!

First of all it's BD, not Mr. Diamond :D

And of course, of course!!!
    PLEASE join us!! It would be an honor tobhave one such as yourself trying along with the rest of us!!!!

Do you have a plan or just going cold turkey??

I think each one of us has tried in differeny ways!

Gonna PM you now!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    3 weeks yessssssterday!!! :D

AWESOME!!!!

Man everyone is doing so well. I am really happy we started doing this together people! It has made is so much easier.

Work has been an immense pressure hell this past week. Thought about given up at least 5X. Kept looking at the posts and pix of my kids and I still have not given in :D

Glad I quit when I did. Could not have done it now.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I think you can take me out of the header post now :D
    :(
    NOPE!!

You tried you get to stay! Maybe you will try again! There is no revisionist history on this thread :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ....even after having a TERRIBLE day...I still haven't gone back to smoking
    Contemplated it a time or two...but persevered!

Happy now BD? :D
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    ....even after having a TERRIBLE day...I still haven't gone back to smoking
    Contemplated it a time or two...but persevered!

Happy now BD? :D

Truly :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Hi Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's been this long, and in 2 weeks it will be 3 MONTHS "WOW"!!

Congrats to everyone that has quit or is still trying!! I am feeling so proud of all of us ;) I just hope everyone continues to post here and update us all on your progress, and if you are having a tough time at it.
    Please don't hesitate

To all the people who have supported us throughout
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THANK G-D FOR YOU"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if myself and all the terrific people that are giving your life a second chance, could have done this without all your encouragement & support from you:) Sorry, my hands are shaking No one else has given me (including my family) the support that you guys and gals have.

To my really, really good friend.... I couldn't ask for anything more. I hope you will always be here for me, as I will for you "anytime"!!

((((((((((((((((((((love & hugs to you all)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well that about sums it up!! I am so proud of myself and all the tryers! AM, could not have done it without you!!

This is usually the beginning of bronchitis season for me and I have been green goober free :eek: !!

My lungs did not bounce back the way I had hoped but it still beats being sick all the time :D

i find I do not have the lung capacity to work out yet :( but I did smoke for 27 years so I am patient.

It's the good with the bad people!! Got to be truthful but I am a very happy happy man as is my wife!!

So thank you all for this great gift I could give myself and my family!!

How is everyone doing?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    pinot768pinot768 Posts: 295
    Ok, so I really want to quit again. I quit in January '08 for about 4 months, and then started back. I am really stressed with working full time and going to school 4 nights a week. I really didn't smoke all that much (5 cartons lasted almost 6 months), but notice I have been smoking more lately.

I would like some pointers on how to quit when:

1. I live with a smoker
    2. I don't want to puff up like a blowfish from eating everything in sight
    3. Can't use the patch and can't afford the prescriptions.

Any advice, assistance, ass-kicking, etc... would be greatly appreciated!
    "I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    Welcome aboard :) I live with a smoker that could care less if it bothers me. I'm so happy you decided this..

Try and set a date you would like to stop. I'm not sure how much you smoke, but I know you can do this. Do you have a primary doctor that you see? You can tell you doc. that you really want to quit and ask if they have samples. Believe I worked in the medical field, they have samples.

Check that out, and no matter what set a date. The first day seems to be the hardest, plus you seem to be pretty busy, which will definitely help.

You have a lot of stress between school and work. If that gets to be to much, your doc. can put you on Wellbutrin {I tried it didn't like it}, but everyone is different.

If for some reason you are having a bad day or whatever, you just try again:) alot of people have in here, and don't feel bad, that's what we do. We are your support group, and everyone comes on to encourage us.

Please stay in touch with this thread, it really helps or anyone you feel comfortable around, but your really going to like the people here. I'm so proud of you already:)

Good Luck!

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!! ;)

Great advice!!

I might add. The state you live in my help in getting you free patches! NY just started doing it Most states have a stop smoking .org of some kind. Check it out.

As far as wieght goes, you are going to put some on. Sucks but I am now going back after 11 weeks and started dieting a little. It has helped. Planning on joining a gym soon if my lungs would allow me :D

Hopefully you have a husband who can not smoke in your face.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,396
    Great advice!!

I might add. The state you live in my help in getting you free patches! NY just started doing it Most states have a stop smoking .org of some kind. Check it out.

As far as wieght goes, you are going to put some on. Sucks but I am now going back after 11 weeks and started dieting a little. It has helped. Planning on joining a gym soon if my lungs would allow me :D

Hopefully you have a husband who can not smoke in your face.
    yes she does. Willing to go outside too!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    She's going to need your support, don't be like my other half. We will hunt you down and open up a can of whipass on you :);)
    I don't think that will be necessary...he has been very supportive of everything I have ever tried to do, often believing I could do whatever I was attempting even if I didn't think I could do it. I can't use the patch...I have tried that before, and they made me very sick. I may try the gum.

Thanks so much for the support. My date is December 16th. This gets me through finals, and gives me a month of no school, so no school-related stress. So at least I have a plan now.
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    I know, he seems like a very nice guy:) stock up on mints and gum. I'm so excited right now;)

My name is Ann Marie BTW :) you can call me whatever you want!!
    I'm Deanna...nice to meet you. I think I'm try the nicorette gum, so I don't become a raving wench :D
  • Options
    pinot768 wrote:
    I'm Deanna...nice to meet you. I think I'm try the nicorette gum, so I don't become a raving wench :D
    yes please NO RAVING WENCH!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    She's going to do just fine ;)
    yeah I know she will. It seems the stopping is not the problem though , It's the staying stopped.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yeah I know she will. It seems the stopping is not the problem though , It's the staying stopped.
    Very true!!!
  • Options
    hartamh wrote:
    That's why we have this Thread, and you are supportive which really helps ;) I didn't have that. My support has beenl from the Pit :)
    Well, that seems like pretty awesome support to me :D
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    So...I haven't smoked really for about 2 weeks. I've had a couple...not gonna lie. But a max of 5. Either way I've been eating salads and shopping at Trader Joe's and not smoking or buying smokes and I literally feel better than I typically do. My mouth is feeling more alive, the diet is making me feel less bloated and Im less stressed out and less focused on coping with shit with smokes and more focused on rolling with the punches without em.

How ya'll feelin?
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    So...I haven't smoked really for about 2 weeks. I've had a couple...not gonna lie. But a max of 5. Either way I've been eating salads and shopping at Trader Joe's and not smoking or buying smokes and I literally feel better than I typically do. My mouth is feeling more alive, the diet is making me feel less bloated and Im less stressed out and less focused on coping with shit with smokes and more focused on rolling with the punches without em.

How ya'll feelin?

Wow!!! That is awesome! I just added you to the front! Good for you being honest! I wish it was perfect but it is so much better than it was!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Wow!!! That is awesome! I just added you to the front! Good for you being honest! I wish it was perfect but it is so much better than it was!

Thanks BD. I'm 27 and just need to stop this stuff. I feel like its immature and in some ways preventing me from becoming the man I want to be in my vision of my ideal self. That thing I said about my mouth is true. My mouth feels cleaner. Im about to go hammer a salad. When you eat good you get a power trip about eating good which makes you excited to continue eating good. Not only that it quickly makes you feel different and those are tangible results that help keep on track.

I've been trying to stay away from Alcohol. But I live in SF and work in the promotion business so that is tough. But...if I just keep it under control its not that bad. Max out at 3 drinks when I go out. Its a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    congrats to those who have been able to kick that nasty habit. Its tough,I had to quit cold turkey so I feel ya.

the world would be so much better without cigs.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Whats up everyone! How is TEAM EXXXTEND YOUR LIFE doing???!!! Where are all the tryers? I hope all of you are doing well and are NOT giving up!!! No matter how many times u fall, just get right back up cuz YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
    KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Ok, so I am on the countdown till my quit date...26 days (Dec. 16), or until I run out of cigarettes, which ever comes first, because I refuse to spend any more money on the damn things!
  • Options
    pinot768 wrote:
    Ok, so I am on the countdown till my quit date...26 days (Dec. 16), or until I run out of cigarettes, which ever comes first, because I refuse to spend any more money on the damn things!
    Yay!! I am very excited that someone else is taking the plunge with the rest of us! I know why this worked so well for me. It's the encouragement of others plus the joy of seeing others accomplish what for me has been the largest obstacle and goal I have had in my entire life. Thanks foir trying. The energy and commitment of others keeps me going.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    congrats to those who have been able to kick that nasty habit. Its tough,I had to quit cold turkey so I feel ya.

the world would be so much better without cigs.

Thanks so much dude!

I can not believe you were a smoker and have been cycling like you have! That is awesome!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Yay!! I am very excited that someone else is taking the plunge with the rest of us! I know why this worked so well for me. It's the encouragement of others plus the joy of seeing others accomplish what for me has been the largest obstacle and goal I have had in my entire life. Thanks foir trying. The energy and commitment of others keeps me going.
    I can see that energy and commitment working for me, too. It's one of the reasons I stay sober, so I can help others...gonna try some of that mindset with quitting smoking!

I only have 6 packs of cigs left, so it's quite likely I will be stopping before my Dec. 16th date, but we will see...
  • Options
    Just popping in to see how you're all doing :D

HUGE congrats to those who are still smoke free :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Just popping in to see how you're all doing :D

HUGE congrats to those who are still smoke free :D
    Thanks sooo much!! People like you keep me going!

80 DAYS!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

80 DAYS!!!!

Wow!! 80 days is a long time! You could've gone round the world in that time... or you could now that you're not weezy and stopping for a cigarette every hour ;)

Well done BlackD, i'm proud of you :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

80 DAYS!!!!
    Hey, hopefully in 106 days I'll have 80 days...