Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Rear Window Last night
  • Options
    Zero Dark Thirty.

I don't get it.

I'll grant you there were obvious things changed to make it a concise 2 and half hour Hollywood movie. But I just didn't think it was all that good. It was nominated for an Oscar. Really? Boring.
    6-16-03 St Paul
    6-26-06 St Paul
    6-27-06 St Paul
    7-2-011 EV MPLS
    9-3-011 Alpine
    9-4-011 Alpine
    9-22-012 Atlanta
    7-19-013 Wrigley
    10-9-014 Lincoln
    10-14-014 Memphis
    10-17-014 Moline
    10-19-014 St Paul
    10-22-014 Denver
    9-26-015 New York City
    8-20-016 Wrigley
    8-22-016 Wrigley
    8-13-018 Missoula
    8-18-018 Wrigley
    8-20-018 Wrigley 
    9-18-022 St. Louis
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Zero Dark Thirty.

I don't get it.

I'll grant you there were obvious things changed to make it a concise 2 and half hour Hollywood movie. But I just didn't think it was all that good. It was nominated for an Oscar. Really? Boring.

While I enjoyed seeing hollywoods version of this story, I agree, I completely baffled that this had oscar buzz.
    Compliance. It's based on true events, and thus the most fucked up disturbing movie I've ever seen. Based specifically on a mcdonalds in Kentucky. A call comes in saying from a man saying he is a cop, and that one of the employees stole something. He's asks the manager on duty to bring the 18 year old girl into her office and strip search her when the store gets busy she calls In Her 50 something fiancé to come watch the girl. Gets more disturbing from there

very fucked up story! weird movie too. Based on real events I believe. :shock:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    hunger games 2- Jennifer Lawrence is so fucking brillant. 8.7/10
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    KM195039 wrote:
    Blackfish

Terribly sad and disturbing. I don't think I can ever go to SeaWorld again.
    You should absolutely boycott SeaWorld, and tell your friends. After seeing that movie, I'm never going to any aquarium that keeps any sea mammals at all. I'm done with supporting anything like that. No more zoos or aquariums for me. I always had an issue with them, and hadn't been to any zoo in years, and that movie was my ultimate tipping point I guess. Complete boycott of all institutions that keep wild animals in captivity. It's just wrong. Any money spent on tickets and concessions at those places can be donated to IFAW instead.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Grown Ups 2

perfect movie for a Saturday night, lots of laughs and dumb gags, absolutely no story

:lol:
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Catching Fire

I may be in the minority, but I wasn't a fan.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    The Conjuring, has it's scary moments but it did get way to OTT near the end. Seen scarier movies.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Catching Fire

PBM

I'm in the minority too -- I didnt even like the first one. I found it too annoying when they said there were no teams.
    Then they could have teams.
    Then there were no teams again.
    Can we have teams? no/ Maybe later. :? :fp:

But when you have an ultra hip cast that poops gold plated piles, I guess you cant go wrong.
    Funny thing is, its kinda an original idea that feels very unoriginal for some reason.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Catching Fire

PBM

I'm in the minority too -- I didnt even like the first one. I found it too annoying when they said there were no teams.
    Then they could have teams.
    Then there were no teams again.
    Can we have teams? no/ Maybe later. :? :fp:

But when you have an ultra hip cast that poops gold plated piles, I guess you cant go wrong.
    Funny thing is, its kinda an original idea that feels very unoriginal for some reason.
    Haven't seen Catching Fire yet, but I didn't think the first one was anything to get in a tizzy about. It was definitely entertaining, but nothing super special or anything. I don't really get why there is as much hype as there is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I liked this movie when it was called The Running Man.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

PBM

Ah ha! thats it! :lol: I knew they sold me the same old shit!
  • Options

PBM
    The Running Man sucks shit (read the book - it's great and nothing at all like the movie. Not even close).
  • Options
    This is the End... With my wife ... Not as funny as when I saw it without my wife :|
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The Running Man sucks shit (read the book - it's great and nothing at all like the movie. Not even close).

Please, no matter how good the book is, you can not argue against Richard Dawson, Arnold, Jesse Ventura, Mick Fleetwood, Dweezil Zappa and Jim Brown in the same damn movie. Whoever was the casting agent for that film needed to be given some sort of special academy award.

PBM

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Gravity in 3D

I'll admit, I ducked a few times when the debris came right out at me.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    This is the End... With my wife ... Not as funny as when I saw it without my wife :|
    That is quite the signature BD. :lol::lol: Love it! :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You seen this yet :lol:
    http://pitchfork.com/news/53131-watch-j ... -for-shot/
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You seen this yet :lol:
    http://pitchfork.com/news/53131-watch-j ... -for-shot/
    :lol::lol:
    Oh man, I need to get me some friends who want to do shit like that in our free time. :lol: :P
  • Options
    Horrible Bosses.

Really enjoyed it. Thought it was creative and funny. Don't know about a sequel though. Although, I never do.
    6-16-03 St Paul
    6-26-06 St Paul
    6-27-06 St Paul
    7-2-011 EV MPLS
    9-3-011 Alpine
    9-4-011 Alpine
    9-22-012 Atlanta
    7-19-013 Wrigley
    10-9-014 Lincoln
    10-14-014 Memphis
    10-17-014 Moline
    10-19-014 St Paul
    10-22-014 Denver
    9-26-015 New York City
    8-20-016 Wrigley
    8-22-016 Wrigley
    8-13-018 Missoula
    8-18-018 Wrigley
    8-20-018 Wrigley 
    9-18-022 St. Louis
  • Options
    I watched Sharknado in 30x speed.

:lol::lol::lol:

terrible. but hilariously terrible.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition ... all of them in a row.

I lost feeling in my butt by the time the battle for Gondor started.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    the descendants.

blah
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

I make sure to do that once every couple years. I already told my lady, we are waiting until all the Hobbit extended versions are out on home video to watch it all in one epic viewing
    6-16-03 St Paul
    6-26-06 St Paul
    6-27-06 St Paul
    7-2-011 EV MPLS
    9-3-011 Alpine
    9-4-011 Alpine
    9-22-012 Atlanta
    7-19-013 Wrigley
    10-9-014 Lincoln
    10-14-014 Memphis
    10-17-014 Moline
    10-19-014 St Paul
    10-22-014 Denver
    9-26-015 New York City
    8-20-016 Wrigley
    8-22-016 Wrigley
    8-13-018 Missoula
    8-18-018 Wrigley
    8-20-018 Wrigley 
    9-18-022 St. Louis
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

I have to find time to do that sometime this winter. :)
  • Options
    We're The Millers...based on the hype...I thought it would have been funnier.

Started Hangover 3...after 20 minutes I decided I was too tired to finish it.

PBM

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    Elysium

Liked it

Movie 43... Possibly worst movie ever