Comments

• Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 260
    Nice! Great movie
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    soph189 said:
    Nice! Great movie
    Tokyo seams like a blast, I gotta do it one day.....the Karaoke scene was great. Great Human connection film..
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,449

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Tokyo seams like a blast, I gotta do it one day.....the Karaoke scene was great. Great Human connection film..
    I would love to go to Japan.. beautiful country with amazing art and food. 

My movie watching is on pause, because I’m immersed in Under the Bridge on Hulu. I’m a sucker for true crime 

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    soph189 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

My movie watching is on pause, because I’m immersed in Under the Bridge on Hulu. I’m a sucker for true crime 

just looked that up...wow that looks promising, I get sucked into those 48hours/ dateline shows all the time...

Dragons are coming in less than 2 weeks,  ;)
  • Options
    soph189 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Just added that to my list!
  • Options
    You should add it to your watchlist! Pretty good so far.
    Very excited about dragons, but the week to week eps kill me so I’ll pry wait to watch till a huge chunk has aired 🤓
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Miracle 2021 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,510
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

Don’t know if I have mentioned it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,441
    “Under the Bridge” was good, worth the time spent. 

“Poor Things” was the most bizarre movie I’ve ever seen and I saw “Eraserhead” when it was released.  
  • Options
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

You said you were going to watch it. How was it?

If you wait a month, you might have another Costner epic to watch that under performs.
  • Options
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

If you wait a month, you might have another Costner epic to watch that under performs.
    I thought we all were in on this Costner-leadup to Horizon! HYPE

It was entertaining. But Costners earnestness with the subject and making it so grounded turns the whole premiss very silly. Would have been better to have had e.g. more George Miller style to it
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Watched this for first time. Have a few blank spots in the Hithcock US fimography.   Great great movie. 
  • Options
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

It was entertaining. But Costners earnestness with the subject and making it so grounded turns the whole premiss very silly. Would have been better to have had e.g. more George Miller style to it
    Funny, the book is a bit more Mad Max. If I remember there is some final battle with a power suit augmented baddie set in the rain.

I was excited for Horizon, but the trailer was very weird for me. The woman he cast as his wife/girl friend looks like she is 30 years younger than him and a model. She doesn’t look like someone living out on the frontier. Also, the movie is tracking for a $12 million opening. 
  • Options
    edited June 8
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

Funny, the book is a bit more Mad Max. If I remember there is some final battle with a power suit augmented baddie set in the rain.

I was excited for Horizon, but the trailer was very weird for me. The woman he cast as his wife/girl friend looks like she is 30 years younger than him and a model. She doesn’t look like someone living out on the frontier. Also, the movie is tracking for a $12 million opening. 
    She was in Fury Road speaking of Mad Max :)

For being a 2-4 part costly Epic the cast he has gathered seems to be from direct to video Bruce Willis action films. Where are the names beside Costners? Sienna Miller and Sam Worthington are the ones you are going with? Didn’t anyone you asked want to do it?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    BlacKkKlansman (2018)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I saw THE POSTMAN

with KEVIN COSTNER

She was in Fury Road speaking of Mad Max :)

For being a 2-4 part costly Epic the cast he has gathered seems to be from direct to video Bruce Willis action films. Where are the names beside Costners? Sienna Miller and Sam Worthington are the ones you are going with? Didn’t anyone you asked want to do it?
    I thought she looked familiar. Yeah, you figured with a big epic he could pull some more names. I’ll reserve judgement until I see it, but it looks like part of the narrative is on settling the west and pushing native groups out. Maybe no one wanted to play those roles? I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’ll wait and see when it hits.
  • Options
    I honestly find this kind of stale:

• Options

SC you disappointed me 😔 😔 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited June 9
    23scidoo said:

SC you disappointed me 😔 😔 
    I disapoint myself

Watched this one too. Nowhere to stream/rent the second one though. Boh!

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    “There can be only one!”  Yet there were so many movies and a whole tv show. 

Henry Cavill is working on a reboot apparently.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,364
    X-Men: X2 - not as good as I remembered it

Thor: Love and Thunder - not as bad as I remembered it

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    “There can be only one!”  Yet there were so many movies and a whole tv show. 

Henry Cavill is working on a reboot apparently.
    Don’t know which ones I’ve seen. Saw the tv-show as a kid. 

The first one was available via Swedish television (I guess like NPR) but no dice on getting part 2 and 3 anywehere (legal)—

— SO I CONTINUE WITH THE SUMMER OF COSTNER INSTEAD
  • Options
    ^Open Range is a good one!

I think I saw Highlander 2 as a kid? I can’t remember. However, I seem to recall reading a synopsis of the plot recently and if I remember right it was a bit bananas. Like full on crazy. I’ll have to look it up again.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Wow! Blast from the past. I used to love that movie as a kid.
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me what i saw??..thanks..
    Triangle 2009 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I saw that when it came out. Is it something with them boarding a abandoned ship and it turns... twilight zoneish?
  • Options
    edited June 10
    Wow! Blast from the past. I used to love that movie as a kid.
    Good thing about Amazon buying MGM. A lot of weird little MGM (and orion) movies from the 80s and 90s showing up on Prime. No Way Out was a great watch.