Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023

Quite enjoyed this. De-aged Indy was slightly weird, but not too bad. Would’ve liked more Antonio. Loved the car chase in Morocco. Callback to that final scene in Raiders got me. Harrison Ford, as always, was great!
    Are you saying you cried?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    Yes, I mostly certainly choked up and shed some tears. Definitely a memorable childhood movie. Saw Raiders at the Fabulous Fox theater here in Atlanta with my dad. He sure liked those movies.
  • Options

• Options
    edited July 2023
    I've seen all the Indiana Jones movies following Dial D for Destiny

Also saw that third Ant-Man movie. Why. I am not sure. But cool that I knew that Bill Murray was in it, before it was leaked on the internet.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Journey's with George. 

I watched his twenty years ago and just stumbled upon it again last night. Man oh man was that a much simpler time. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Also saw that third Ant-Man movie. Why. I am not sure. But cool that I knew that Bill Murray was in it, before it was leaked on the internet.
    Love all the Indy movies, maybe Crystal Skull the least, although just rewatched it and it’s not that bad. Just wish some of the action was a bit more grounded (looking at the atomic bomb blast and driving onto a tree into the water).

Saw Ant Man as well. I’m a big comic book fan growing up, so I watch all the MCU stuff. Third Ant-Man was definitely not the best, but I didn’t have all the hate for it others did. I’ve seen far worse movies.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Love all the Indy movies, maybe Crystal Skull the least, although just rewatched it and it’s not that bad. Just wish some of the action was a bit more grounded (looking at the atomic bomb blast and driving onto a tree into the water).

Saw Ant Man as well. I’m a big comic book fan growing up, so I watch all the MCU stuff. Third Ant-Man was definitely not the best, but I didn’t have all the hate for it others did. I’ve seen far worse movies.
    I think I like Temple of Doom the most. I like my matiné adventures to be focused on one area. I don't need my matiné adventure hero to globe trott James Bond-style or that the whole world has to be at stake. 

I enjoy the first half of Crystal Skull. Shia and Harrison has great chemistry. Shia being a greaser is cute. The chase scene at the university is peak Indiana Jones. It falls apart, as you say when they go to the jungle and everything looks green screen and videogamey. The look of it is overly glowy and not rough and grainy enough. The bad thing about the atomic blast is that the fridge is slung up in the air. Would have been better if it was like, close to the blast but in the end just having fallen over in the rubble or something. But I rather have a fist fight with Indiana and him being stuck in spikey room, than these overly crazy set pieces. I don't even need the mine chase to be as big as it is in temple of doom.

Anyways. MUTT SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT. 

In my head he is in fact missing in Vietnam, and is stumbling on Indiana Jones-esque adventures on his way back to the army

Regarding Ant-Man. It's hard when your microscopic world just turns into another Guardians of Galaxy. It's just colorful alien planets with funny looking aliens. Prefer my Ant-Man adventures to be Honey, I shrunk the Kids-size. in the real world. And on the funnier side. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Totally agree. Director Peyton Reed wanted to go big epic, and I think some of the fun and humor gets lost. Microverse needed more imagination.

Totally agree about Crystal Skull. Back half is too cgi. The interplay with Mutt was pretty good. Motorcycle chase is very good. Totally agree.

Love Temple. Opening scene is fantastic. Mine chase is great too.

I think my favorite is Crusade. I love Connery, the opening with River Phoenix, and love the tank battle in the desert. Riding off into the sunset at the end was nice.

Edit: just read your spoiler. Yeah, that would be good. Let’s say Mutt is MIA. 
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

One of the better comedies of the past 20 years for me. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,511

Ten 10 films of 90's..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

One of the better comedies of the past 20 years for me. 
    Michael Cera elevates it
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,891

Rewatched this one last night. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    23scidoo said:

Ten 10 films of 90's..
    I think you mean ‘80’s. 😉
    One of my favorite films ever. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Ten 10 films of 90's..
    Haha! Yes, 80s. Autocorrect.

This is definitely one of my favorite movies. Showed it to my son. He loved it. I’m a big Stephen King fan, but this movie improves on the novella I think. 

The cast and that scenery are totally boss. 😉 
  • Options

• Options

Best one
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    23scidoo said:

Ten 10 films of 90's..

This is definitely one of my favorite movies. Showed it to my son. He loved it. I’m a big Stephen King fan, but this movie improves on the novella I think. 

Lardass Complete and Total Barfarama story scene is pretty great.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Ten 10 films of 90's..

Lardass Complete and Total Barfarama story scene is pretty great.
    That’s a fantastic bit.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Best one
    So, I have not seen this one in SO long. Definitely a De Palma movie, and it has such a slower pace than the others.

I love MI: III all the way to Fallout. The action set pieces are really something.

But, this original was such a different movie. Loved the old school spy feel, the paranoia of not knowing who to trust. Of course the Langley scene is spectacular, particularly for the quietness in that scene.  Seeing Jean Reno as well has me wanting to watch Ronin again (another 70s/80s director in Frankenheimer).

Also, crazy weird chemistry between Cruise and Vanessa Redgrave. They were having way too much fun filming their scenes.

Great film!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

Best one
    So, I have not seen this one in SO long. Definitely a De Palma movie, and it has such a slower pace than the others.

I love MI: III all the way to Fallout. The action set pieces are really something.

But, this original was such a different movie. Loved the old school spy feel, the paranoia of not knowing who to trust. Of course the Langley scene is spectacular, particularly for the quietness in that scene.  Seeing Jean Reno as well has me wanting to watch Ronin again (another 70s/80s director in Frankenheimer).

Also, crazy weird chemistry between Cruise and Vanessa Redgrave. They were having way too much fun filming their scenes.

Great film!
    I remember when the 2nd one came out and I was like, why'd they ruin the franchise with this dumb John Woo action schlock. Hated that one and never finished it. It's so bad. Nice to see 3 got it back on track. Have liked everything since, but 1 was so much more suspense. Always will be my favorite. I want to watch it every time I see it's on TV/streaming.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Ten 10 films of 90's..

lol, both right..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    The Secret in Their Eyes 2009 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    It’s been a weekend of the family all feeling sick, so we spent it curled up in front of some movies.

Saturday:
    Toy Story 4 (Pixar)
    Iron Man
    Soul (Pixar)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.1

Sunday:
    Onward (Pixar)
    Lightyear (Pixar)
    Top Gun: Maverick
    Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

Best one

Great film!
    the third one is great. Slick. Great looking. Rabbitsfoot. 

But everything after that is just… action wrapped around ”IMPOSSIBLE MISSION FORCE IS COMPROMISED YOU HAVE TO WORK OUTSIDE THE SYSTEM ETHAN LIKE PIERCE BROSNAN HAD TO IN DIE ANOTHER DAY WITH THAT WEIRD MADONNA SONG”

Every. Movie. 

I only need the first one and part III. 

Will see the new one on saturday though. My mom anta to see it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    You aren’t wrong about those plots. But, those set pieces, particularly Ghost Protocol and Fallout are amazing. I appreciate the more practical stunt work as compared to what you see in today’s cgi heavy films.

Also, Rebecca Ferguson is awesome.
  • Options

Also, Rebecca Ferguson is awesome.
    Well, you know… Sweden
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I took my kids to see Spider Man Across the Spider-Verse yesterday.

Honestly thought it would be just an animated superhero movie (I hate superhero movies) crowbarring in the minority lead, geared for kids.

Holy hell it was a great movie.  It is a work of art.  The animation is something I just wanted to keep pausing the movie to look at everything.  A bunch of different styles brought in together and it all looked great.  The story was good, but it was super-good sci-fi.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

I haven't watched any since the first one and that was so bad I never returned...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Crazy Rich Asians

FINALLY got around to watching this.  What a funny movie.  Heard the plot before but still enjoyed it.