Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I watched The Mist yesterday afternoon. Stephen King story, Frank Darabont direction, a lot of actors from The Walking Dead. Has to be good, right.

My God, that was 2 hours of my life wasted.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the fugitive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I watched The Mist yesterday afternoon. Stephen King story, Frank Darabont direction, a lot of actors from The Walking Dead. Has to be good, right.

PBM

As always with King's work...the story was better. I honestly didn't think the movie was that bad. They changed the ending of course. :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    I actually liked the ending. The whole sci-fi concept was lost on me.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741

PBM
    Yeah, not so good! I'm actually a really big Stephen King fan (despite all the sales, I think he's the most underrated writer of all time). But for every really good SK-based film, there are two terrible ones.

Good: The Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, The Green Mile, Misery, Hearts In Atlantis wasn't bad, The Dead Zone, 1408, Carrie, Delores Claiborne ... Christine and Firestarter are within reason for their time I guess ... probably forgetting a couple

Terrible: IT, The Mist, Pet Sematary, THE SHINING (yeah, that's right. Compared to the book, that movie is pure shit), The Stand (just an awfulTV movie piece of crap for his best book ever) The Running Man (another outright travesty compared to the book), Apt Pupil, Salem's Lot, Thinner ... there are others.

I hear there are plans to remake The Stand as a mini series ... I hope it's good this time!
    And of course The Shining is being remade ... really hope they stick to the actual fucking story this time, and don't make Wendy such a stupid, wimpy moron again! :D
    And I would love to see someone really good do a film for The Long Walk. That could be amazing if done right.

I think I'm going to watch The Shawshank Redemption again later. :)

Every bad SK movie is bad despite the book or story though. Too bad they fucked them up. They could all have been amazing movies!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    And I would love to see someone really good do a film for The Long Walk. That could be amazing if done right.

I agree with everything you said...but especially this...OH YES PLEASE!!! Good God that book bothered me more than anything else I've ever read...it would likely be the most disturbing movie of all time but I'd love every second of it!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

PBM
    Yeah, not so good! I'm actually a really big Stephen King fan (despite all the sales, I think he's the most underrated writer of all time). But for every really good SK-based film, there are two terrible ones.

Good: The Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, The Green Mile, Misery, Hearts In Atlantis wasn't bad, The Dead Zone, 1408, Carrie, Delores Claiborne ... Christine and Firestarter are within reason for their time I guess ... probably forgetting a couple

Terrible: IT, The Mist, Pet Sematary, THE SHINING (yeah, that's right. Compared to the book, that movie is pure shit), The Stand (just an awfulTV movie piece of crap for his best book ever) The Running Man (another outright travesty compared to the book), Apt Pupil, Salem's Lot, Thinner ... there are others.

I hear there are plans to remake The Stand as a mini series ... I hope it's good this time!
    And of course The Shining is being remade ... really hope they stick to the actual fucking story this time, and don't make Wendy such a stupid, wimpy moron again! :D

I think I'm going to watch The Shawshank Redemption again later. :)

Every bad SK movie is bad despite the book or story though. Too bad they fucked them up. They could all have been amazing movies!

You can't talk shit about the shining
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I read that when I was in 8th grade...hard to shake some of those visuals. I'm afraid the movie version wouldn't stand up well.

Honestly, IT scared the hell out of me when it came out in 1991...Tim Curry did an excellent job as Pennywise.

Compared to the Stephen King version of The Shining in '97, I'll take the Kubrick version.

PBM

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I read that when I was in 8th grade...hard to shake some of those visuals. I'm afraid the movie version wouldn't stand up well.

Honestly, IT scared the hell out of me when it came out in 1991...Tim Curry did an excellent job as Pennywise.

Compared to the Stephen King version of The Shining in '97, I'll take the Kubrick version.

PBM
    Oh, god, that '97 remake was absolutely horrible. But seriously, I know people who just saw the original movie thought it was great, but if you'd read the booknforst, you wouldn't think so. The book is SO much better. The movie isn't even the story at all, really. Everything that makes the book really amazing is cut right out of the movie! And the ending!! Ugh, the movie just fucked the whole concept up, and totally destroyed Jack's real character, not to mention Wendy's and the kid's. It really pisses me off as a Stephen King fan. And Stephen King agrees. When he saw it, he was furious, and I don't blame him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

PBM

I always go back and forth with this one. As an avid SK fan...Kubrick's version of the Shining is pretty much a disgrace to the book. That being said, I still think it's an excellent movie in its own right. I have totally disassociated it from the book in order to appreciate it for what it is. Some really amazing and unforgettable scenes in that movie.

FYI - SK's working on a sequel to the book, should be out next year! :clap:
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

PBM

I always go back and forth with this one. As an avid SK fan...Kubrick's version of the Shining is pretty much a disgrace to the book. That being said, I still think it's an excellent movie in its own right. I have totally disassociated it from the book in order to appreciate it for what it is. Some really amazing and unforgettable scenes in that movie.

FYI - SK's working on a sequel to the book, should be out next year! :clap:
    I wish I could disassociate too. I'm all full of anger about it. :lol:
    Yeah, I wonder what that book's going to be like!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    saw the campaign..ok...

im gonna see looper now..hope will be great..liked the trailer

i saw looper this weekend...it was pretty good! :thumbup:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:
    saw the campaign..ok...

im gonna see looper now..hope will be great..liked the trailer

i saw looper this weekend...it was pretty good! :thumbup:

did you actually watch it......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The shit I learn here. I didn't even know they made The SHining into a book?
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    duely noted....the mist...i've always wanted to watch that one and always said,...if i ever see it on...i'll stop and watch it....I will take you up on the review and not waste my time...
    thanks for the post...

PBM
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,205
    DS1119 wrote:

:? :fp:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Skyfall. Another good Bond flick.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Girl- about Alfred Hitchcock and his relationship with Tippie Hedron on the set of The Birds.

Pretty good flick.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Moneyball. :yawn:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    We Bought A Zoo :cry:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    looper..good movie
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    curly wrote:
    duely noted....the mist...i've always wanted to watch that one and always said,...if i ever see it on...i'll stop and watch it....I will take you up on the review and not waste my time...
    thanks for the post...

I was in the same situation. Buddy of mine told me about the film about a year ago. Saw it on Sci-Fi this past Sunday and decided to give it a whirl. That movie had a lot of potential.

PBM

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    King of New York

It was on IFC last night.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    curly wrote:
    thanks for the post...

I was in the same situation. Buddy of mine told me about the film about a year ago. Saw it on Sci-Fi this past Sunday and decided to give it a whirl. That movie had a lot of potential.

PBM

I watched it on Netflix a couple years ago ... I rather liked it. It was pretty similar to King's story, with the exception of the ending (which I thought was better than the book, anyway).
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Warrior :thumbup:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just watched a horror movie called The Bay. A pretty decent inclusion to the found footage genre thats spun in a slightly different way. Not bad at all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Ghostbusters 8-)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Warrior :thumbup:

That was a really good movie.

PBM

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14