What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    Safety Not Guaranteed.

It's good stuff.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    KnZiE94 wrote:
    The Outsiders, I had to watch it for my literature class.

Really? They made us read the book, because you know, it was literature class and not Ralph Macchio class.

I did major in Ralph Macchio in college though. I was voted "Most Likely To Stay Gold".
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited November 2012
    KnZiE94 wrote:

Really? They made us read the book, because you know, it was literature class and not Ralph Macchio class.

I did major in Ralph Macchio in college though. I was voted "Most Likely To Stay Gold".
    And all i had to do was act out scenes from the movie and present a home video of it to my literature class.... I croak about staying gold, my project partner starts crying and carrying on and staggers outside, and my dad accidentally gets in the shot and runs and hides behind a tree. End scene. Lit class was so educational. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    KnZiE94 wrote:

And all i had to do was act out scenes from the movie and present a home video of it to my literature class.... I croak about staying gold, my project partner starts crying and carrying on and staggers outside, and my dad accidentally gets in the shot and runs and hides behind a tree. End scene. Lit class was so educational. :lol:

You're not Brian Atene are you?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You're not Brian Atene are you?
    :lol: No. Unfortunately, my video wasn't anywhere near that good. :lol: I died in a bed that had a Michael Jordan poster on the wall behind it. :lol: Stay gold Ponyboy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :lol: No. Unfortunately, my video wasn't anywhere near that good. :lol: I died in a bed that had a Michael Jordan poster on the wall behind it. :lol: Stay gold Ponyboy!

Let's just pretend like it was an artistic choice to have the Jordan poster. Jordan has 2 gold medals, "stay gold", it's art folks.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Safety Not Guaranteed.

It's good stuff.

I loved that movie! And your avatar is priceless.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    The Campaign, quite funny :)
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Safety Not Guaranteed.

It's good stuff.

I loved that movie! And your avatar is priceless.

Glad to hear! The trailer made it seem really interesting to me, but I wasn't sure ... on my "to see" list now ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    The Descendants - pretty good flick.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    The Campaign, quite funny :)

:thumbdown: didn't care for it all
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Point break!! The greatest movie of all time.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Point break!! The greatest movie of all time.

Perhaps Keanu Reeves' finest role
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    last night I watched `Bright star` and fell in love with literature again. Since I have been to Rome and seen the house John Keats lived in it also made me travel in time. I am still not shaken my intense feelings towards people die young fully off my heart and Keats dying at age 25 had given me aches in chest. Fragile but strong hearts was beautifully reflected in lights and colors. A very beautiful movie indeed...
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    2012: Ice Age. Literally the worst piece of shit movie ever produced. I don't know how in the fuck it actually got all the way produced and then got onto the TV... someone must have a rich dad or something ... It's like they just went out onto the sidewalk and offered $100 to anyone willing to act in their film, and then did the same for the production crew, but only offered them $50. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Anchorman
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anchorman
    I've watched it so many times that I could probably play it in my mind without missing a scene.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anchorman
    I've watched it so many times that I could probably play it in my mind without missing a scene.

:thumbup:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anchorman
    It's so fucking funny!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anchorman
    It's so fucking funny!
    I used to do anchorman parties with my friends. We drank beer or scotch, smoked a lot of pot and laughed our asses off. One Halloween some of these friends dressed up as the channel 4 news team.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I watched a 60 minute documentary about the making of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" on Netflix last weekend. I think it was made in 1987-1988. They had interviews with the actors who played "Leatherface", "The Cook", "Grandpa" and "The Hitchiker". Some really cool insights on the film.

I think it is available for a few more days.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    The newest Spiderman. It was okay - not great. Not a big fan of the new spiderman
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    scott-pilgrim-header.jpg

If scott pilrim's life had a face, I would punch it. That's how much I love this movie. :)
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Scout.

what a stupid movie....and yet i continued to watch. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ready to watch a movie ... Lincoln out next week! :clap:

And I saw World War Z preview... wow that looks incredible! :shock:
  • Options
    Watching PJ20 tonight with the GF
    then Once next week.
    all in preparation of the EV Orlando shows
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Watching PJ20 tonight with the GF
    then Once next week.
    all in preparation of the EV Orlando shows

wrong thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    not sure. I'll have to check my Netflix account to see which one it was
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wouldn't that be the last movie you didn't watch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

wouldn't that be the last movie you didn't watch

nope, that one is sitting on the table, still.