Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    5-0 lol, Sens, well with the win the Leafs are now 6 points out of a playoff spot.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    5-0 lol, Sens, well with the win the Leafs are now 6 points out of a playoff spot.
    Good job Emery! What a laffer.
    Rygar wrote:
    Good job Emery! What a laffer.
    So want Kubina lol, well yeah it was funny that half the no-trades scored lol, Sundin, Tucker and Kubina.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    So want Kubina lol, well yeah it was funny that half the no-trades scored lol, Sundin, Tucker and Kubina.
    A real free-for-all last night. Sens were non-existent in almost every way, and a nice save by one of the laffs players with the goalie out of the net, hehehe
    It was a great save by Kaberle
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    It was a great save by Kaberle
    I couldn't remember who it was, but yeah, he saved the SO.
    What do you think Kenny? The Laffs squeaking into the playoffs?
    Rygar wrote:
    I couldn't remember who it was, but yeah, he saved the SO.
    What do you think Kenny? The Laffs squeaking into the playoffs?
    I doubt it, plus they are trying to trade half the blueline today, trying to move Gill, McCabe, Kubina, and even tried trading Kaberle earlier, they have a chance i suppose if the team stays the same, but i don't think that will help out down the road to not make some kind of change today, maybe someone will be stupid and take Kubina and his 5 mil a year off our hands, but also Kubina would have to waive the no-trade as well.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    I doubt it, plus they are trying to trade half the blueline today, trying to move Gill, McCabe, Kubina, and even tried trading Kaberle earlier, they have a chance i suppose if the team stays the same, but i don't think that will help out down the road to not make some kind of change today, maybe someone will be stupid and take Kubina and his 5 mil a year off our hands, but also Kubina would have to waive the no-trade as well.
    Well if you don't make the playoffs the team is hurting. No one wants to waive their no-trade agreements, and you'll be too high in the standings for the best picks....damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Montreal is still going to finish outside the top 8, mark my words (again).
    Even with Hossa ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Even with Hossa ?
    Even with Hossa.

Highly unlikely, anyway. Even if they do, it'll be a quick exit if you ask me.
    Well im sure Mtl is safe, i believe they will make the playoffs :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well im sure Mtl is safe, i believe they will make the playoffs :(
    Hope so, but they're far too inconsistent to be a threat.
    Mind you the conference is ridiculously tight.
    Wouldn't it be fun to see Hossa get traded to the habs and score a hat trick tonight against atlanta, or ryder score a hat trick against the habs lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Wouldn't it be fun to see Hossa get traded to the habs and score a hat trick tonight against atlanta, or ryder score a hat trick against the habs lol.
    I said that twice to the same person. I hadn't thought of Ryder scoring a hat trick on us though.....still funny, but not "ha-ha" funny....
    Well i am happy that the Leafs got rid of Hal Gill for a 2nd and a 5th from Pit, 5th for Wade Belak from Fla and a 3rd from Fla for Chad Kilger, it'll be interesting watching Belak and Kilger play the Leafs tomorrow.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well i am happy that the Leafs got rid of Hal Gill for a 2nd and a 5th from Pit, 5th for Wade Belak from Fla and a 3rd from Fla for Chad Kilger, it'll be interesting watching Belak and Kilger play the Leafs tomorrow.

Is Belak going to have the balls to grab Tucker and kick the shit out of him? :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Is Belak going to have the balls to grab Tucker and kick the shit out of him? :)
    We will see maybe tomorrow lol, id laugh if that happens.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Well tonight should be interesting, seeing Wade Belak and Chad Kilger play the Leafs, maybe i'll find out who Wade hates on the Leafs tonight lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well tonight should be interesting, seeing Wade Belak and Chad Kilger play the Leafs, maybe i'll find out who Wade hates on the Leafs tonight lol.
    Think Tucker is going to get beat up by Belak? :)
    No Belak - no win.
    hehe, 2 pts for the laughs.
    Speaking of laughs, you know I didn't think I'd ever get as good a laugh as I did when I saw Tomas Kaberle perform a deke apparently beyond the skill of any current Leaf forward, but two seconds later Jokin'in going for a wrist shot from two and a half feet away from Talksalot was chuckle-worthy too.
  • fucking leafs win again, the curse continues we are destined to finish in 9th place again and will miss the playoffs and get a shitty draft position.
    fucking leafs win again, the curse continues we are destined to finish in 9th place again and will miss the playoffs and get a shitty draft position.
    I actually think you'll be getting in.

And a correction to my earlier commentary - Belak WAS in the game (5:09 TOI) but last night he wasn't listed in TSN's lineup.
    Rygar wrote:
    I actually think you'll be getting in.

And a correction to my earlier commentary - Belak WAS in the game (5:09 TOI) but last night he wasn't listed in TSN's lineup.
    He was playing and wearing #33, Kilger didn't get in tho.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    He was playing and wearing #33, Kilger didn't get in tho.
    Kilger's got (another) leave of absence.
    Kilger, family matters for like 10 games, don't get it
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Kilger, family matters for like 10 games, don't get it
    Maybe he was celebrating ;)
    Rygar wrote:
    Maybe he was celebrating ;)
    Maybe he never showed up lol, i heard Florida fined Kilger for not showing up.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Maybe he never showed up lol, i heard Florida fined Kilger for not showing up.
    They gave him a leave of absence, you can't fine someone if you excuse them..
    Rygar wrote:
    They gave him a leave of absence, you can't fine someone if you excuse them..
    Scratch that, he is indeed fined. I guess his leave of absence was a game or two ;)
    Leafs got screwed up the ass by 2 refs who shouldn't be in the league, both NJ goals came on calls that shoulda been goalie interference
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013