Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Well no bandwagon jumpers welcome, this is for the die-hard Leafs fan who beleaf we still have a shot at the playoffs.
London 2005
Toronto 2011 night 2
Hamilton 2011
London 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    How do you feel about the opposition posting here?

As soon as NY PJ1 sees this he'll give you a page and a half of dribble without making any sense.

edit: But you probably won't have to worry much about people jumping ONTO the Leafs' bandwagon :P
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    I don't care who posts here, i'm just hoping some of Leafs Nation will show up.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    I was hoping for the same thing with my Habs thread, but they won't leave their own forum so it is continually tainted with New Yorker's 12 year old taunts whenever I bring it up :P
    I used to watch a lot of Leaf games when I was living in Halifax. My roomie was a die hard Leafs fan, so we had Leafs and Habs games on all the time.
    Jim Lang

General Maurice

It’s one of my favourite scenes in the classic movie Patton.

"This is where it pays off. The training and discipline ... God, I’m proud of these men."

Now, I’m not comparing Paul Maurice to Patton, but I am saying all the hard work and extra time spent tweaking the little things is paying off for the Leafs.

Like a good military commander, Maurice had the Leafs skating themselves into exhaustion right from the first day of training camp.

This had nothing to do with Maurice wanting to see some of his players puke up breakfast. But, it had everything to do with laying the foundation for what the Leafs have done the last two games at Air Canada Centre.

Saturday, the Leafs were dialed in as they beat the best team in the East, the Buffalo Sabres. Tuesday night, the Leafs laid a good ol’ fashioned beating on the Hurricanes.

When Chad freaking Kilger scores two goals, you know the Leafs are having a good night.

With their playoff lives hanging in the balance, the Leafs have managed to defeat the Sabres and the ‘Canes by a combined scored of 10-2.

Maurice and his coaching staff deserve full credit for keeping the Leafs minds off the scoreboard and on the job at hand. The bottom line is that the Leafs have to ignore the daily standings updates and just keep winning.

Leaf haters will be quick to point out Friday night’s debacle against the Sabres. I will agree that was an abysmal loss. But even the most dedicated Leaf hater will have to acknowledge how impressive the Leafs have looked in their last two wins.

Despite the two victories, the Leafs are still mired in the mother of all dogfights to get into the playoffs.

A hockey fan can’t ask for anything more than that. All the Leafs can do is keep winning and let the hockey gods take it from there.

Postscript: Now being the good Canadian that he is, Maurice would likely prefer to be compared to the legendary Canadian General Bert Hoffmeister. For those who don’t know, the quiet Canadian was simply one of the greatest Allied Armored Commanders of the entire Second World War.

Hey, it’s my blog; I will throw in a little Canadian military history in it whenever I feel like it!
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Rygar wrote:
    I was hoping for the same thing with my Habs thread, but they won't leave their own forum so it is continually tainted with New Yorker's 12 year old taunts whenever I bring it up :P
    I used to watch a lot of Leaf games when I was living in Halifax. My roomie was a die hard Leafs fan, so we had Leafs and Habs games on all the time.
    I know what you mean kinda, my cousins back in the day always had there Habs jerseys on and use to rub in every time the Canadiens beat the Leafs.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    haha
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    haha

As much as I hate to say I told you so....I told you so.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    respect to another original 6 team.

thats really all i have to say,.

oh, but i almsot forgot

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    here's an idea

combine both of your threads into 1

that way the both of u can give a rats ass together

all my rival's we'll see what i have in store
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I like all the original 6 teams except Chicago. What a shitty organization that is.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
    we all know the scHabs are the only real canadian team,....

or is it canadien? ? ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    here's an idea

Well if i was able to put this thread out on the porch, im sure more Leafs fans would be out here supporting the team.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we all know the scHabs are the only real canadian team,....

or is it canadien? ? ? :confused:

You win this round.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    here's an idea

As opposed to four New Yorker's keeping a thread going for a year.
  • Do I think the Leafs can get into the playoffs? If they continue the play they way they have been the past three games, then yes they do. However, it looks like it may depend on other teams losing...not a situation I'd like them to be in. One thing is for sure, Kilger needs a hat trick.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
    Rygar wrote:

the leafs thread has half the reply's as the habs thread in 5 minutes:confused:
    Do I think the Leafs can get into the playoffs? If they continue the play they way they have been the past three games, then yes they do. However, it looks like it may depend on other teams losing...not a situation I'd like them to be in. One thing is for sure, Kilger needs a hat trick.
    So does Darcy Tucker, they both had quite a few 2 goal games in there career.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    the leafs thread has half the reply's as the habs thread in 5 minutes:confused:

Half of them are mine.
    Rygar wrote:
    Half of them are mine.

like i said combine the 2

eastern canadian hockey thread find a sens fan and ur good to go
    Rygar wrote:

with all due respect ,

there are 56 different usernames there, with at least 1 post each .

:p

the same 4 or 5 keep it alive but plenty of others chip in. Maybe because for a long time, there were no other hockey threads , period .

there still really isnt,.....
    :rolleyes:

;)
    platessmall.jpg
    NY PJ1 wrote:

It's painfully obvious you're just jealous because your team has no less than 20 cups less than mine :P
    NY PJ1 wrote:

I say fuck the Sens, but hey that's just me. I mean Pittsburghs gonna get rid of them in the first round, just like the Leafs use to do.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with all due respect ,

the same 4 or 5 keep it alive but plenty of others chip in. Maybe because for a long time, there were no other hockey threads , period .

;)

There is now, I'll even bump the Laffs thread just to piss off Nypj
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    with all due respect ,

;)

hehe
    kenshunt wrote:
    I say fuck the Sens, but hey that's just me. I mean Pittsburghs gonna get rid of them in the first round, just like the Leafs use to do.

I dunno, I don't think the Pens are gonna do as well as the bandwagon wants everyone to believe in the playoffs. They got the rid guys at the trade deadline though.
    Rygar wrote:
    It's painfully obvious you're just jealous because your team has no less than 20 cups less than mine :P

true but ours was not as long ago as yours
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    true but ours was not as long ago as yours
    LMFAO, 93 and 94 wow huge difference there.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    1967 and counting. Ballard. The franchise chased me away from being a fan when I was young and I am never coming back. Fucking Laughs! 1967!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    kenshunt wrote:
    LMFAO, 93 and 94 wow huge difference there.

lol i know

but hey its longer
    Rygar wrote:
    I dunno, I don't think the Pens are gonna do as well as the bandwagon wants everyone to believe in the playoffs. They got the rid guys at the trade deadline though.

i agree

a hungry 7 seed team can knockem off in a 5 or 7 game series.
    platessmall.jpg