Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Leafs got screwed up the ass by 2 refs who shouldn't be in the league, both NJ goals came on calls that shoulda been goalie interference
    and the lone leafs goal should have been waved too
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    there is no way that last goal should be goalie interference. You're looking at it through your delusional Leaf-homer prism. It was a legit goal, that was hardly interference, Toskala didn't have the puck covered, enough said
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Toskala had the puck covered for a good 2 seconds before some Devil stuck his stick and jammed it between Toskala's pads, pushed him back into his net the puck came free and then the game winning goal, even Ron McLean who officiates junior games said it was goalie interference, he doesn't stick up for the Leafs as we all know Don Cherry does.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Rygar wrote:
    and the lone leafs goal should have been waved too
    Steen never touched Brodeur, Brodeur pushed him and got distracted god you both need a pair of eyes.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Steen never touched Brodeur, Brodeur pushed him and got distracted god you both need a pair of eyes.
    They disallowed a goal on LA Saturday and for exactly the same scenario, that's why I said it.
    All season long, THIS is the loss that upsets you???
    Rygar wrote:
    They disallowed a goal on LA Saturday and for exactly the same scenario, that's why I said it.
    All season long, THIS is the loss that upsets you???
    Yes it really pisses me off, Toskala had the puck covered, then i dunno who it was, Parise or someone who jammed his stick between Toskala's pads and pushed him to the back of the net, now if the Leafs beat the Flyers back to back, they will be 4 points behind them instead of 2 or 3 behind.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Yes it really pisses me off, Toskala had the puck covered, then i dunno who it was, Parise or someone who jammed his stick between Toskala's pads and pushed him to the back of the net, now if the Leafs beat the Flyers back to back, they will be 4 points behind them instead of 2 or 3 behind.
    Hehe, Toskala sure went flying. I didn't know you could do that to a goaltender with your stick.
    On the other hand, it WAS the Devils you were playing. 2-1 isn't bad.
    Wait'll tomorrow if you want to see bad.
    Can we make 2 in a row against the Flyers, if so, i hope it's in regulation, i was so excited last night jumping a round like a fucking moron, then im like fuck we are still 7 behind Philly.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thank you leafs ;)

how bout another favor tonight ?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thank you leafs ;)

8 pts from 8th to 1st......
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thank you leafs ;)

And we did, 5 out now, hopefully these flyers go 10 games without a win again
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    kenshunt wrote:
    And we did, 5 out now, hopefully these flyers go 10 games without a win again
    yeah im cool with that LOL
    all i need now with sundin out isthe leafs to fold . that would put my unwatchable sabres in the playoffs :)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

yeah im cool with that LOL
    all i need now with sundin out isthe leafs to fold . that would put my unwatchable sabres in the playoffs :)
    Big game tomorrow, could go a long ways.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Big game tomorrow, could go a long ways.
    yes this is HUGE ....
    the leafs are rested with the sabres cmon into town after playin tonight against the canes . I think if sundin is out the sabres might have a slight advantage . lets just hope the sabres legs dont give out though from being tired ...
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

the leafs are rested with the sabres cmon into town after playin tonight against the canes . I think if sundin is out the sabres might have a slight advantage . lets just hope the sabres legs dont give out though from being tired ...
    HUGE game! I'm hoping the Sabres got their offense out of them tonight and have nothing left in them tomorrow night. :)

Should be a good one!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
    HUGE game! I'm hoping the Sabres got their offense out of them tonight and have nothing left in them tomorrow night. :)

Should be a good one!
    well one thing we can agree on is that we need philly to lose today at 1pm

We're back after a long layoff with a recent news release out of Toronto.
    Carlo Coliaocovoctoomanyvowels has apparently injured his groin (reportedly in the locker room) and will be out for the rest of the ever-so-short Maple Loofens season.

So Leafs Nation wants to know - Will anyone notice?

It's a well known fact that Carl was injured for the first blurry mess this team calls a season, and with welcome Mats and Frankenleaf buried on the sidelines (also with locker room shenanigan related injuries) the Leafs might have trouble coming up with the required number of players.
    With the off-season tantalizing close, and a likely four points coming against their Canadien Rivals, the Canadiens, the team still stands a slight chance of getting into the playoffs, and sending the Boourns to take their spot on the Sharpy Tire charity golf tournament. But without team points leaders Mats Sundin and Frankenleaf Antropov, will it matter if the team makes it into the post-season?

In other news, Another Long Season's star reporter Even Flow? has not been seen for some time, and is presumed frightened of what might transpire over the next three weeks.
    Wow what a game last nite ... had to be one of the most exciting games of the year . the playoff race is even tighter now ... holy shit .

ya that game last night was one of the best i have seen in a while. So much heart being shown by the young guys right now. Just think about it, we just beat Buffallo and Ottawa back to back, in their buildings, without Mats or Antropov. I'm just very happy for these guys right now, showing that this team does have potential.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
    leafs4ever wrote:
    ya that game last night was one of the best i have seen in a while. So much heart being shown by the young guys right now. Just think about it, we just beat Buffallo and Ottawa back to back, in their buildings, without Mats or Antropov. I'm just very happy for these guys right now, showing that this team does have potential.
    I said they were making the playoffs long ago, pay attention peons!
    Rygar wrote:
    I said they were making the playoffs long ago, pay attention peons!
    So ur saying the Leafs will beat thw bruins back to back
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    oopsie...................oopsie
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    kenshunt wrote:
    So ur saying the Leafs will beat thw bruins back to back
    I'd much rather play the Bruins in the 1st round than the Leafs.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    I hope the Leafs get ninth place in the East again...
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey ey ey, good-bye. :)

Sorry boys, new jobs has the beat reporter unable to give any long reports recently. But I will be back with a good laughable read from anotherlongseason.com soon.

Hello to all.

PLAYOFF POOLS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!! Yee-hah!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey ey ey, good-bye. :)

Sorry boys, new jobs has the beat reporter unable to give any long reports recently. But I will be back with a good laughable read from anotherlongseason.com soon.

Hello to all.

PLAYOFF POOLS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!! Yee-hah!
    :( fuck what a let down, i think the refs like being deciding factors, i think that's how big there ego's have gotten, but oh well, anotherlongseason is about to sadly come to a end.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    :( fuck what a let down, i think the refs like being deciding factors, i think that's how big there ego's have gotten, but oh well, anotherlongseason is about to sadly come to a end.

I didn't see Kerry Fraser ref'ing that game ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey ey ey, good-bye! :D

Three years and counting. The last pics of the cup are in black and white. Yes they got lucky with a team of washups who were crowding forty once upon a time, we don't need to do that anymore. How many others can we come up with? ;)

Well Ken at least you will get to see some real fast hockey the way it should be played if you think you can make the playoffs for the next couple of months.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey ey ey, good-bye! :D

Three years and counting. The last pics of the cup are in black and white. Yes they got lucky with a team of washups who were crowding forty once upon a time, we don't need to do that anymore. How many others can we come up with? ;)

Well Ken at least you will get to see some real fast hockey the way it should be played if you think you can make the playoffs for the next couple of months.
    Hahaha, first time ever I've been wrong (and happy to be!).
    I'm taking bets on who won't waive their no-trade clauses over the summer!
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Thank god its finally over ! Its time for a fresh start in T.O. I hope half the team is gone before next season starts, they need to blow it up and start over.

No more half measures and band-aid fix jobs. They find a GM who drafts well and not trade away the future for overpriced bums. Its starts with getting rid of McCabe, Kubina, and Tucker if they don't waive their no trade send them to the minors, see how they like that.