Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Its called "underestimating the opposition". The Leafs really are a bad team, relatively devoid of talent, but in the NHL these days, everything is relative. Any team can beat Detroit, if the latter decides to take a night off. That tying goal was really just a tough break for the Wings ... That thing should not have gone in. Then again, Zetterberg messed up in OT for some unknown reason.
    Arrrggg. That game put me in a bad mood.
  • Its called "underestimating the opposition". The Leafs really are a bad team, relatively devoid of talent, but in the NHL these days, everything is relative. Any team can beat Detroit, if the latter decides to take a night off. That tying goal was really just a tough break for the Wings ... That thing should not have gone in. Then again, Zetterberg messed up in OT for some unknown reason.
    Arrrggg. That game put me in a bad mood.
    sorry to hear that... on the bright side, this game put me in a GREAT mood!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    leafs4ever wrote:
    sorry to hear that...

No you aren't.
    :)
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    leafs4ever wrote:
    sorry to hear that... on the bright side, this game put me in a GREAT mood!
    Me too!!! Hockey day in Canada
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Well it will be interesting on his take on the moves Fletcher makes lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well it will be interesting on his take on the moves Fletcher makes lol.
    "Bad move!"
    "Terrible move!"
    "Amateur move!"
    "What are these guys thinking??"
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Look at the Leaves go. Beatin' the big boys of the league. So that means they should peter out in this game against Barfalo. ;)

Look at the Sens wheeling and dealing before the big trade deadline. And they still have Emery to dangle to a team for a couple more good scorers.

The Leafs if they keep winning may get another has been to shore up the eighth place run. And if they start losing again may unload a few guys. To me it all depends on the next few games and if they are still within reach of getting a playoff spot. Two home games in round one puts a few more bucks in some pockets and the Laughs won't want to pass up on that.

Hi there Ry and Ken!!!!!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Let's slaughter buffalo clap clap Let's slaughter buffalo
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    even flow? wrote:
    Look at the Leaves go. Beatin' the big boys of the league. So that means they should peter out in this game against Barfalo. ;)

Look at the Sens wheeling and dealing before the big trade deadline. And they still have Emery to dangle to a team for a couple more good scorers.

The Leafs if they keep winning may get another has been to shore up the eighth place run. And if they start losing again may unload a few guys. To me it all depends on the next few games and if they are still within reach of getting a playoff spot. Two home games in round one puts a few more bucks in some pockets and the Laughs won't want to pass up on that.

Hi there Ry and Ken!!!!!
    Hey man, your team is sucking. What gives?
    So is my team.
    Incidentially we suck in time to play Toronto, making them think they're great :p
    My team got shutout against Buffalo, wtf 1-0 shitty game, so Ferguson made his debut with tsn and said teams were calling for McCabe, Tucker, Kaberle and Sundin, and he seems to think that Toronto could get a similar trade Philadelphia got for Forsberg last year, i think Fergie is delusional, i mean teams will note Forsberg blew for Nashville and they won't give that much for a rental like Sundin.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    My team got shutout against Buffalo, wtf 1-0 shitty game, so Ferguson made his debut with tsn and said teams were calling for McCabe, Tucker, Kaberle and Sundin, and he seems to think that Toronto could get a similar trade Philadelphia got for Forsberg last year, i think Fergie is delusional, i mean teams will note Forsberg blew for Nashville and they won't give that much for a rental like Sundin.
    They'll give up a lot for Sundin. Kaberle will fetch a decent return.
    Tucker might get you an Easton Aluminum (medium flex), and McCabe, well, he'll get a fair trade if you can find someone to take his salary.
    Rygar wrote:
    They'll give up a lot for Sundin. Kaberle will fetch a decent return.
    Tucker might get you an Easton Aluminum (medium flex), and McCabe, well, he'll get a fair trade if you can find someone to take his salary.
    Well i doubt the Leafs will trade Kaberle, doesn't make much sense to, but Tucker, McCabe and Sundin are possibilties if any of them waive there no trade, no movement clause whatever that means.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well i doubt the Leafs will trade Kaberle, doesn't make much sense to, but Tucker, McCabe and Sundin are possibilties if any of them waive there no trade, no movement clause whatever that means.
    I didn't think they'd get rid of Kaberle either, but the TSN boys mention it a lot.
    What did you think of the Hossa to the Cdns rumor? :p
    Rygar wrote:
    I didn't think they'd get rid of Kaberle either, but the TSN boys mention it a lot.
    What did you think of the Hossa to the Cdns rumor? :p
    So who would be leaving in the rumored trade ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    So who would be leaving in the rumored trade ?
    They didn't say, the rumor was that Bob the Builder was talking to Hossa's agent (debunked).
    But for shits and giggles, Koivu, Ryder, and *insert name here*
    2nd last in the NHL, last in the Eastern Conference wait ago Leafs, Stamko's looks like he may be coming to the T.O very soon.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    2nd last in the NHL, last in the Eastern Conference wait ago Leafs, Stamko's looks like he may be coming to the T.O very soon.
    Who's Stamkos?
    They're really pushing the 'Sundin isn't being traded' line now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDchLQIQa4
    Steven Stamko's projected number 1 pick
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    You're what, 6 pts out of the playoffs with 2 months left in the season and you're throwing in the towel, eh?
    Rygar wrote:
    You're what, 6 pts out of the playoffs with 2 months left in the season and you're throwing in the towel, eh?
    8 points out, last in the conference, 7 teams to jump over and some teams have 2 games in hand, it's just reality.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    8 points out, last in the conference, 7 teams to jump over and some teams have 2 games in hand, it's just reality.
    There's 8 points from 2nd to 10th...
    not much room for mistake
    Rygar wrote:
    There's 8 points from 2nd to 10th...
    not much room for mistake
    Well im still watching and maybe a miracle will happen lol, i kinda think the Leafs need a good prospect though, i mean Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, White, Coliacavo are there best prospects and they haven't shown any inprovement since joining the league, oh and Pogge who hasn't played an NHL game yet is another, i can only hope they get Stamko's and he makes the Leafs like Kane and Gagne from last years draft made there teams.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well im still watching and maybe a miracle will happen lol, i kinda think the Leafs need a good prospect though, i mean Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, White, Coliacavo are there best prospects and they haven't shown any inprovement since joining the league, oh and Pogge who hasn't played an NHL game yet is another, i can only hope they get Stamko's and he makes the Leafs like Kane and Gagne from last years draft made there teams.
    Well I'll agree that the team looks bleak, but really it's only 4 games out of the playoffs, that isn't much overall. The longer the standings stay the same, the worse it looks. I also think Montreal won't finish in the playoffs, but I'm pretty pessimistic (I'm waiting for the ship to crumble (more)).
    The TSN guys were saying this year's draft isn't so great overall.
    Rygar wrote:
    Well I'll agree that the team looks bleak, but really it's only 4 games out of the playoffs, that isn't much overall. The longer the standings stay the same, the worse it looks. I also think Montreal won't finish in the playoffs, but I'm pretty pessimistic (I'm waiting for the ship to crumble (more)).
    The TSN guys were saying this year's draft isn't so great overall.
    Yeah the Leafs have to hope they win the lottery and get Stamkos, then next year tank and get Tavares lol, i think Montreal will make the playoffs :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    u guys stink :)
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u guys stink :)
    Are you still here?
    NY PJ1 wrote: