Best movie line

Comments

• oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    "you were on a ship pardner. it's kinda hard to make contact with the people when you're floatin' in the fuckin' Gulf of Tonkin!!!!"
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348
    "You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this look good."

Men In Black

William Miller: Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY!

Almost Famous
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    'Let off some steam, Bennett'
    wah
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Dude: I don't need Sympathy, I need my fucking Johnson!!!
    Donny: What do you need that for Dude?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Deer Hunter-

Michael: You have to think about one shot. One shot is what it's all about. A deer's gotta be taken with one shot.

Last Tango in Paris -

Jeanne: "What are we doing here?"
    Paul: "Let's just say we're taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut".

Waking Life-

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving."

25th Hour -

Monty Brogan: "Well, fuck you, too. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck this whole city and everyone in it. Fuck the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. Fuck the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a fucking job! Fuck the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in fucking training. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Fuck the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. Fuck the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? Fuck the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you fucking came from! Fuck the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! Fuck the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gekko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for FUCKING LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that shit? Give me a fucking break! Tyco! Worldcom! Fuck the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst fuckin' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. Fuck the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. Fuck the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! Fuck the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take five steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the fuck on! Fuck the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! Fuck the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. Fuck the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, fuck JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in fuckin' Otisville, J! Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fuel fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass! Fuck Jacob Elinsky, whining malcontent. Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery my best friend, judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. Fuck Naturelle Riviera, I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back, sold me up the river, fucking bitch. Fuck my father with his endless grief, standing behind that bar sipping on club sodas, selling whisky to firemen, cheering the Bronx bombers. Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the row-houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue, from the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to fucking ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place.
    [pause]... No. No, fuck you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all, and you threw it away, you dumb fuck!"

La Haine -

Hubert: "Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land!"
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Yeah. I know. I'm guilty. I understand that. I knew it was a crime but I did it anyway. Shit, why argue? I'm a fucking criminal.

fear and loathing

That's stupid. Name one thing you'd need a rope for?

Boondock Saints
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    Stone Gossard: "Hi Janet."

Eddie Vedder: "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."

Jeff Ament: "While we're young."
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    "You can trouble me for a glass of shut the hell up, now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep, read the name tag, you're in my world now grandma".

Hal - Happy Gillmore

And any by Chewbacca.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • "It smells like Cypress Hill concert in here! I dont rent to these kind of people" - Grandmas Boy
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Riot_Rain wrote:
    William Miller: Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY!

ive got to agree that's a good one. ;)
  • RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,824
    Ah, film quotes. This one's maybe not the best, but it's been in my head for a while now:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost ..... in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die. " - Roy Batty, Blade Runner

And another cool line, from the same character:

"Chew, if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes."
  • "Listen you fuckers, you screwheads, here's a man who would not take it anymore, who would not let... Listen you fuckers you screwheads, here's a man who would not take it anymore, a man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is someone who stood up."

-Taxi Driver
  • DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Gary Johnston: We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
    "Team America"

Bullet Tooth Tony: You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    "Snatch"

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.
    Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun...
    [Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
    [Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
    [They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]
    Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!
    "Snatch"

Tyler Durden: Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
    "Fight Club"

Tyler Durden: I want you to hit me as hard as you can.
    Narrator: What? In the face?
    Tyler Durden: Surprise me.
    Narrator: This is so fucking stupid.
    "Fight Club"

Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
    Narrator: So you can breath.
    Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.
    Narrator: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.
    "Fight Club"

Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
    "Fight Club"

[on the way to Las Vegas]
    Trent: They're gonna give daddy the Rainman suite, you dig that?
    Mike: Do you think we'll get there by midnight?
    Trent: Baby, we're going to be up five hundy by midnight!
    Mike: Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!
    Trent: Vegas baby! Vegas!
    Mike: Vegas!
    "Swingers"
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • 'I think I'm gonna pass out... cus of all the gayness'

Talladega Nights
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    "We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly"

"Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?"

"I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off. "

"This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!"

"Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?"
    Brian
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Anthony: Grace thinks I'm a failure.
    Dignan: What? What has she ever accomplished in her life that's so great?
  • From 'Go':

Ronna: I need a favor.

Todd: I didn't know we'd become such good friends. Because if we had, you'd know that I'd give head before I'd give favors and I don't even give my best friends head, so your chance of getting a favor is pretty fucking slim.

Tiny: "Im tellin you my mother's mother's mother was black!"

Marcus: "If you were any less black, you'd be clear"
  • "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

-Fight Club
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,409
    "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

-Fight Club

"you dick!" - Spicoli

"smoochie boochies" - Jay from Jay and Silent Bob

"who cried when Ole Yeller died? no one cried when Ole Yeller died, I balled my eyes out" - Bill Murray as John Winger in Stripes

"what do you call this one? I call this one...lunch - ewww avoid the green eyes, they're not ripe yet" - A Fish Called Wanda

"wanna fuck" - Body Heat

"let's win this one for all the small schools that never got a chance" - Hoosiers

"Thus endith the lesson" - Kevin Costner as Elliot Ness in The Untouchables
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Makes me feel like riverdancing - Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints

C'est weird, eh? - Bon Cop, Bad Cop
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Friom "Fog of War"

Errol Morris: Is it a bit like you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't?

Robert S. MacNamera: Yeah, that's right, and I'd rather be damned if I don't.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    "You make me want to be a better man" - As Good As It Gets
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    "Yippee Kay Ya Mother fucker" Die Hard movies
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    "The human torch was denied a bank loan."
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    "Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?" -- Bender
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    Hey boy, what are you waiting for, he ain't going to bite you. (Platoon)

I know what your thinking, did I fire 6 shots or 5, well, do you feel lucky punk, well, do ya? (Dirty Harry)
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    "If I, Aguirre, want the birds to drop dead from the skies, then they will drop dead from the skies. I am the Wrath of God. The ground over which I pass sees me... and trembles" - Aguirre: The Wrath of God
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Warriors, come out to Playeee - The Warriors
    I hate manure! - Back to the Future
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    "were 10 minutes from the fucking fun park and you all wanna bail out....well this is no longer a vacation...its a quest...a quest for fun....you'll have so much fuckin fun you'll have to have surgery to wipe the smiles off your fuckin faces....PRAISE MARTY MOOSE!!!!!"
    THE FUNNIEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME...VACATION
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

~Yoda
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010