Project Runway

AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Alright ladies.. discuss...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i gotta go run off, but i'll add thoughts later...in the meantime, check out jay harvey's commentary on the episodes, hilarious!!

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/categories/television/recaps/
  • Options
    i gotta go run off, but i'll add thoughts later...in the meantime, check out jay harvey's commentary on the episodes, hilarious!!

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/categories/television/recaps/

i like that.. i totally agree about victorya..

i loooooved the avant garde show though. christian and chris rocked it. although i wish chris had one.. that had him all over it. and as a theater major i get it.. it worked...
  • Options
    I admit that I've gotten into this show the last several weeks. My gf and I watch and its definately one of the best "reality" shows I've seen. Much less drama and much less about the contestants as individuals than other shows. The best part of it is the winner is determined be by the output not some popularity bullshit.

Well, they are down to four, and I would say they are definately the four most deserving. Christian is head and shoulders above everyone else. Jillian is very good and the obvious second. I'd say Ramy over Chris overall. Chris does some really good stuff, but he's very hit and miss. This is basically the only thing I'm watching on TV now that football is over.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    I admit that I've gotten into this show the last several weeks. My gf and I watch and its definately one of the best "reality" shows I've seen. Much less drama and much less about the contestants as individuals than other shows. The best part of it is the winner is determined be by the output not some popularity bullshit.

Well, they are down to four, and I would say they are definately the four most deserving. Christian is head and shoulders above everyone else. Jillian is very good and the obvious second. I'd say Ramy over Chris overall. Chris does some really good stuff, but he's very hit and miss. This is basically the only thing I'm watching on TV now that football is over.

well good for you for admitting it. its not a bad show.. i mean fashion isnt just for women!

rami is just really pissin me off now. the draping is jsut out of control. christian is just great.. jillian is good just slow... it really would be amazing if chris made it to the final 3.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    well good for you for admitting it. its not a bad show.. i mean fashion isnt just for women!

rami is just really pissin me off now. the draping is jsut out of control. christian is just great.. jillian is good just slow... it really would be amazing if chris made it to the final 3.

yeah, its going to be interesting to see who will do the three best outfits. Chris seems more dramatic, I think it will depend on how lazy Chris chooses to be. May be he shouldn't even be here considering he was previoulsy eliminated. Jillian would do very well to work under less-pressure situations. She usually sets out to make very complicated stuff. Christian though is the obvious winner. Like that one guy said this week, "he's a talent". I think the first week I watched I wasn't that impressed with his work but since then, he's been on a whole other level.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    yeah, its going to be interesting to see who will do the three best outfits. Chris seems more dramatic, I think it will depend on how lazy Chris chooses to be. May be he shouldn't even be here considering he was previoulsy eliminated. Jillian would do very well to work under less-pressure situations. She usually sets out to make very complicated stuff. Christian though is the obvious winner. Like that one guy said this week, "he's a talent". I think the first week I watched I wasn't that impressed with his work but since then, he's been on a whole other level.

well i have a soft spot for chris.. in college i did theater and costume design was a big part of that. its extremely hard to make costumes and his eye isnt too bad for a guy who usually dresses himself in those costumes haha.

jillians personality kind of bores me.. she is either dead pan or crying..

christian is just funny. actually i would want chris to stay just cause he's funny
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Ok, I am finally caught up with the episodes so now I can read this thread. lol
    I am so happy with the selection for the collections.
    And not surprised that they chose both Ramy and Chris to compete for the 3rd spot.
    But HELLO! How pissed would you be to create a whole collection and not show at Bryant Park. :eek:
    I hope Ramy steps outside his box. But then again, I love Chris and his drama.
    Methinks Christian will take it.
    That kid is awesome.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    I want Chris to win!!! I think that Rami can't really do more than "draping" it is really annoying...it's like he reinvents the toga every episode! he even draped DENIM!

I think that Christian is kinda hit and miss...some of his jackets are like "thriller in the 80's" with the sleeves...he isn't really doing anything that you wouldn't already see in a boutique. I like some of his stuff...but some of it was just NO! His immaturity is one of his Achilles heels...I think that it creates a bit of a Prima Donna when it comes to being able to see beyond your initial vision...as an artist you have to be able to step away from your piece and be able to see outside of your own perspective. he is really unwilling to view anyone else as being talented or capable...that is a handicap in the art world.

Jillian is conservative...she is basically single-vision so it is going to be a good collection as far as cohesiveness goes, but when it comes to actual Fashion/vision I would say she is a bit lacking. I may be biased because her whining is so irritating to me that I actually dislike seeing or hearing her. I just kind of think that her stuff is not too far from sellable goods you would get if shopping for Ralph Lauren (and we already have a Ralph Lauren, so we don't need another one)

I personally think that the fact that Chris has gotten this far (after getting that second chance) is impressive - you can tell that his lack of formal training and his "over the top" funky portfolio has rubbed both Nina Garcia and Michael Kors the wrong way. I think he actually knows the difference between Fashion ART PIECE and wearable fashion...I am hoping that he doesn't lose too much of his FUNK in order to show his collection. For the most part - I think that he has a very expandable vision, he is able to see his vision through to the completion (even can get it to mass produced wearable status) and it is "fashiony" I am usually liking his work...

I am rooting for Chris March!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I don't watch it religiously but I do catch it once in a while. Some of those designs are hideous.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    I want Chris to win!!! I think that Rami can't really do more than "draping" it is really annoying...it's like he reinvents the toga every episode! he even draped DENIM!

I think that Christian is kinda hit and miss...some of his jackets are like "thriller in the 80's" with the sleeves...he isn't really doing anything that you wouldn't already see in a boutique. I like some of his stuff...but some of it was just NO! His immaturity is one of his Achilles heels...I think that it creates a bit of a Prima Donna when it comes to being able to see beyond your initial vision...as an artist you have to be able to step away from your piece and be able to see outside of your own perspective. he is really unwilling to view anyone else as being talented or capable...that is a handicap in the art world.

Jillian is conservative...she is basically single-vision so it is going to be a good collection as far as cohesiveness goes, but when it comes to actual Fashion/vision I would say she is a bit lacking. I may be biased because her whining is so irritating to me that I actually dislike seeing or hearing her. I just kind of think that her stuff is not too far from sellable goods you would get if shopping for Ralph Lauren (and we already have a Ralph Lauren, so we don't need another one)

I personally think that the fact that Chris has gotten this far (after getting that second chance) is impressive - you can tell that his lack of formal training and his "over the top" funky portfolio has rubbed both Nina Garcia and Michael Kors the wrong way. I think he actually knows the difference between Fashion ART PIECE and wearable fashion...I am hoping that he doesn't lose too much of his FUNK in order to show his collection. For the most part - I think that he has a very expandable vision, he is able to see his vision through to the completion (even can get it to mass produced wearable status) and it is "fashiony" I am usually liking his work...

Chris is an old costume queen....all of his work screams this, even if you didn't know it. I love him as a person and am thinking he probably won the fan favorite award...but his stuff is Auntie Mame all over again. And he is only back because the guy with AIDS had to leave.
    Jillian has nailed it so many times. Sure she is slow and talks like she is strung out on downers, but she makes awesome clothing.
    Ramy drapes everything, yes, but he is incredible at it. It is like the crazy one from Miami on the last season with her flowy dresses. They were gorgeous, but ok already.
    I am so excited to see the collections. :)
    And AllIAm...Top Chef coming up soon! :) Champ better get his a$$ back here before that happens.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Chris is an old costume queen....all of his work screams this, even if you didn't know it. I love him as a person and am thinking he probably won the fan favorite award...but his stuff is Auntie Mame all over again. And he is only back because the guy with AIDS had to leave.
    Jillian has nailed it so many times. Sure she is slow and talks like she is strung out on downers, but she makes awesome clothing.
    Ramy drapes everything, yes, but he is incredible at it. It is like the crazy one from Miami on the last season with her flowy dresses. They were gorgeous, but ok already.
    I am so excited to see the collections. :)
    And AllIAm...Top Chef coming up soon! :) Champ better get his a$$ back here before that happens.

ahh yes but coming from a theater background.. i love an old costume queen! he's not fashion forward though.

i honestly think the only one who is, is christian. he makes some funky clothes but he is inventive.

i loooooooooooooooved that coat jillian made with victorya. oh my

and sorry to burst the bubble Trix.. but i dont think champs allowed to come back and play.. im just happy top chef and lost dont collide anymore :)
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    ahh yes but coming from a theater background.. i love an old costume queen! he's not fashion forward though.

i honestly think the only one who is, is christian. he makes some funky clothes but he is inventive.

i loooooooooooooooved that coat jillian made with victorya. oh my

and sorry to burst the bubble Trix.. but i dont think champs allowed to come back and play.. im just happy top chef and lost dont collide anymore :)
    Oh, I love a good costume queen too. He is an awesome person it seems. Very nice guy. But very old skool.
    Oh, I forgot the reunion is next week. I love when they all bitch about each other.
    I guess we can always scrap the sky with the Champ. ;)
    I tried to make artichokes the other day and totally blew it. :p
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Oh, I love a good costume queen too. He is an awesome person it seems. Very nice guy. But very old skool.
    Oh, I forgot the reunion is next week. I love when they all bitch about each other.
    I guess we can always scrap the sky with the Champ. ;)
    I tried to make artichokes the other day and totally blew it. :p

no the reunion was last night! it wasnt that great though. they are all pretty boring

what kind of artichokes? i make pretty good stuffed ones
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    no the reunion was last night! it wasnt that great though. they are all pretty boring

what kind of artichokes? i make pretty good stuffed ones
    It was? I missed it?
    I will probably miss my own funeral. :p
    But when it comes to television...that isn't a bad thing. can't stand the dumb thing. lol
    I meant scrape the sky. :)
    Just artichokes girl....nothing fancy...steamed with an aioli. I never made them before and thought oh, 35 minutes of steaming??? I will just wing it. No dice there. I have never cooked them and I am trying to work my way through cooking everything on the planet. Coq au Vin is next. :)
    I want to cook more oysters but can't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    It was? I missed it?
    I will probably miss my own funeral. :p
    But when it comes to television...that isn't a bad thing. can't stand the dumb thing. lol
    I meant scrape the sky. :)
    Just artichokes girl....nothing fancy...steamed with an aioli. I never made them before and thought oh, 35 minutes of steaming??? I will just wing it. No dice there. I have never cooked them and I am trying to work my way through cooking everything on the planet. Coq au Vin is next. :)
    I want to cook more oysters but can't find them anywhere.

yea well its bravo.. they replay that shit 15 times a night. im sure you will catch it again.

stuff your artichoke next time. no that wasnt a sexual innuendo. get some parsley, parmesan, bread crumbs, olive oil, and garlic and mix that till you could make a slightly wet but cohesive ball (oy).. and then you gotta trim the artichoke (but im sure you know all that) cut off the bottoms so they sit flat, stuff the middle and all the leaves with the mixture and simmer them with a mixture of balsamic vinegar and water (it should come up about halfway up the arti) for about 30 min.

delish.

yes. project runway.
  • Options
    I think Jillian and Ramy make the most wearable clothes. I would love one of Ramy's dresses - so flattering and elegant...but doesn't seem like he can do much beyond the draping. It would be hard to create collection after collection that are of any interest if all he does is draping. I live in dresses and would love some of the every day dresses Jillian creates...but Christian just has some amazing artistic expression. I wouldn't wear most of what he's created...but he's definitely creative. Doesn't he work for McQueen? The edginess comes through in his work. Chris is definitely creative...reminds me a lot of Bob Mackie. It's not my thing, but there's definitely a place for his work in the fashion world. My vote is for Christian!
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    I think Jillian and Ramy make the most wearable clothes. I would love one of Ramy's dresses - so flattering and elegant...but doesn't seem like he can do much beyond the draping. It would be hard to create collection after collection that are of any interest if all he does is draping. I live in dresses and would love some of the every day dresses Jillian creates...but Christian just has some amazing artistic expression. I wouldn't wear most of what he's created...but he's definitely creative. Doesn't he work for McQueen? The edginess comes through in his work. Chris is definitely creative...reminds me a lot of Bob Mackie. It's not my thing, but there's definitely a place for his work in the fashion world. My vote is for Christian!

oh my and you love project runway?!?!?! why did i not know this? well i should have since you got me hooked on what not to wear!

i completely agree wtih you.. someone is gonna hve to majorly step it up or else christian will win
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    oh my and you love project runway?!?!?! why did i not know this? well i should have since you got me hooked on what not to wear!

i completely agree wtih you.. someone is gonna hve to majorly step it up or else christian will win
    I love it! Anything with clothes :o:p I'm a top chef fan too, but completely missed last season :(
  • Options
    I love it! Anything with clothes :o:p I'm a top chef fan too, but completely missed last season :(

ahhh i love when you remind me why we are in love :)

i must say this season isnt as riveting as some. usually i pick one and hold on.. this year im sort of all over the place.

i miss the days of santino.. there ive said it...

annnndre lets go to red lobster
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    ahhh i love when you remind me why we are in love :)

i must say this season isnt as riveting as some. usually i pick one and hold on.. this year im sort of all over the place.

i miss the days of santino.. there ive said it...

annnndre lets go to red lobster
    I miss santino too :( He did the best Tim Gunn impression. Screw it! I'm voting for Tim Gunn :D
  • Options
    I miss santino too :( He did the best Tim Gunn impression. Screw it! I'm voting for Tim Gunn :D

tim gunn and andre would be fabulous.

his vocabulary is too advanced for me though lol.

Make it work Elana
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    tim gunn and andre would be fabulous.

his vocabulary is too advanced for me though lol.

Make it work Elana
    Everything he says sounds "fancy." :p

What happened to Andre? :eek: :p
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I haven't watched in about a month, but seeing how I have the fashion sense of a '70's leisure suit wearing chap, my hope is for Chirs to win simply because they made that poor guy run on two separate occasions which just aint right!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I haven't watched in about a month, but seeing how I have the fashion sense of a '70's leisure suit wearing chap, my hope is for Chirs to win simply because they made that poor guy run on two separate occasions which just aint right!
    Yeah! I thought that was really unfair too!! I mean, come on! and then both times he had to run, the other contestants were like taking all of the really good stuff, like little piggies...oink oink oink! :( poor Chris!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    Yeah! I thought that was really unfair too!! I mean, come on! and then both times he had to run, the other contestants were like taking all of the really good stuff, like little piggies...oink oink oink! :( poor Chris!

during the Jeans episode, it was like watching a dumb horror movie that just gets you so mad.

i literally stood up in my living room and started yelling "dont run. whatever you do don't run.. the clothes will still be there.. don't do it" at the tv screen.

broke my heart. way not fair. another reason i dont like ramy.. he was a freakin animal grabbing everything
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    during the Jeans episode, it was like watching a dumb horror movie that just gets you so mad.

i literally stood up in my living room and started yelling "dont run. whatever you do don't run.. the clothes will still be there.. don't do it" at the tv screen.

broke my heart. way not fair. another reason i dont like ramy.. he was a freakin animal grabbing everything
    yeah, and Victoria ( I think it was her) who said they were just grabbing things. they didn't even check to see what they wanted or needed - just indiscriminately grabbing!! that really pissed me off! it shouldn't have counted as part of the challenge - I mean his physical capabilities shouldn't have been part of the contest. I really wasn't happy about that.
  • Options
    yeah, and Victoria ( I think it was her) who said they were just grabbing things. they didn't even check to see what they wanted or needed - just indiscriminately grabbing!! that really pissed me off! it shouldn't have counted as part of the challenge - I mean his physical capabilities shouldn't have been part of the contest. I really wasn't happy about that.

exactly! i mean its like putting things on a really tall shelf and asking everyone to grab what they can. well christian isn't gonna get shit.. so why make chris run? poor thing.. his face went white when they said that. its also sad those little chairs they put him on. i mean cmon.

i haaaate victoria. what a bitch. did you see her at the reunion show? could she be more smug?
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    AllIAm wrote:
    and sorry to burst the bubble Trix.. but i dont think champs allowed to come back and play

Testing..Yeah, I think i'm back..Hope everyone is doing well :)..and thank God my girl does not like this show, or I'd be fucked....enjoy the show ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    The Champ wrote:
    Testing..Yeah, I think i'm back..Hope everyone is doing well :)..and thank God my girl does not like this show, or I'd be fucked....enjoy the show ;)..

WELCOME BACK!!!!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:

i think i just felt a tear in my eye. wow. they told me you were gone my friend. glad you are back. and just in time for top cheffer!

(seriously happy you are back!)