Options

Top Chef Chicago

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Nimma didn't get on my nerves like she seemed to on most people from here, she just sucked ass and didn't belong. But what about the cat that didn't know what the hell a piccata was?!? He might as well pack his knives now as there is no way they would ever crown that assclown top chef, even if he made it to the finals and prepared a meal only suitable for the gods.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Nimma didn't get on my nerves like she seemed to on most people from here, she just sucked ass and didn't belong. But what about the cat that didn't know what the hell a piccata was?!? He might as well pack his knives now as there is no way they would ever crown that assclown top chef, even if he made it to the finals and prepared a meal only suitable for the gods.

But he's been cooking since he was 11! 11!! Isn't that CCCCCCCCCRAZY?! :rolleyes:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    But he's been cooking since he was 11! 11!! Isn't that CCCCCCCCCRAZY?! :rolleyes:

Yeah! And his dad fired 2-3 chefs because he outcooked them at 11! Which was it padre?!? 2 or 3?!? How do some of these clowns even make it on the show?!?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Yeah! And his dad fired 2-3 chefs because he outcooked them at 11! Which was it padre?!? 2 or 3?!? How do some of these clowns even make it on the show?!?

Hmm...excellent question. I'm still trying to figure out The Couple.

• Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I am a dork and stayed up waaaay to late to watch this last night.

I thought it was between this guy (outcooking others at 11) that should have gone home...well, it was a close call between him & the gal that ended up going home.

I think my fav is the guy from New Zealand...or the 'star tattoo' guy that trierd making the soufflé...think they will both do well.

As for the lesbians, I don't think they have an advantage - and wonder if they will still be a couple at the end? Makes for interesting watching :)
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    AllIAm wrote:
    well i thought it was pretty good. you can already tell who the assholes and who the stars are going to be. just based on personality i liked spike and mark.. that poor guys face when he was up for elimination.. and the accent.. oh my.

the guy with the orange hair was funny at first.. like seth green.. and then he got mucho annoying. other than that nothing really stood out. ryan, miguel and the guy with the faux hawk look like they are going to be the most annoying.

oh oh and looks like we have another howie with the big dude sweating in his food!!!

That moron made fucking nachos..

Even though it’s taking place in Chicago the show should be appropriately renamed Top Chef New York. Over half of the cast work in New York City, and even that semi mohawk guy who looks exactly the same as the lesbian chick, is originally from New York. The slightly retarded fella from Australia works in some NYC restaurant named ‘Public Restaurant,’ what the fuck is that? Btw, wasn’t the lesbian chick also a contestant last year? Very confusing season thus far..

This season already seems to lack the tension of previous competitions. Last season at least we had the two fatties going at it from the start while Hung nearly maimed everyone in the kitchen with his incredible knife skills.

I feel sorry for the wannabe Hung who is a year too late, though he does work in a decent restaurant downtown. Someone already mentioned this but what the fuck is up with the red/orange headed dude cussing up a storm..lol…btw, so far I’d probably only bang Nikki in case you’re wondering..

Western, did you pick someone to ride yet? I’m getting close..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    so far I’d probably only bang Nikki in case you’re wondering..

I'm right there with you except I'll remove the "so far" part. The rest of the cast looks like they were plucked from an Indigo Girls concert.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Someone already mentioned this but what the fuck is up with the red/orange headed dude cussing up a storm..lol….

That's what happens when you do alot of coke before you go on-camera.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    The Champ wrote:
    The slightly retarded fella from Australia works in some NYC restaurant named ‘Public Restaurant,’ what the fuck is that?
    http://www.public-nyc.com/
    Im sure you meant mentally challenged!
    The Champ wrote:
    I feel sorry for the wannabe Hung who is a year too late, though he does work in a decent restaurant downtown.

more like a morimoto wannabe-see that au poivre? He totally tried to copy morimoto only that plate was way too busy.
    decent? more like mediocre and pricey.
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    The Champ wrote:
    That moron made fucking nachos..

Even though it’s taking place in Chicago the show should be appropriately renamed Top Chef New York. Over half of the cast work in New York City, and even that semi mohawk guy who looks exactly the same as the lesbian chick, is originally from New York. The slightly retarded fella from Australia works in some NYC restaurant named ‘Public Restaurant,’ what the fuck is that? Btw, wasn’t the lesbian chick also a contestant last year? Very confusing season thus far..

This season already seems to lack the tension of previous competitions. Last season at least we had the two fatties going at it from the start while Hung nearly maimed everyone in the kitchen with his incredible knife skills.

I feel sorry for the wannabe Hung who is a year too late, though he does work in a decent restaurant downtown. Someone already mentioned this but what the fuck is up with the red/orange headed dude cussing up a storm..lol…btw, so far I’d probably only bang Nikki in case you’re wondering..

Western, did you pick someone to ride yet? I’m getting close..

don't you make fun of my mark. he does seem way too sweet to be on a gameshow though.. i feel like he's gonna get his heart broken hahah. but the accent man the accent. you can have nikki and that brooklyn/new jersey thing going on.. ick

and how mean was it to unleash bourdain on them the first night! ouch.

like i said i know who i like based on personality but i dont know who i wanna "ride" to the end...
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:

He's tough...but man oh man is he ever-so cool!! :cool:

Plus, not to mention he's a Pearl Jam fan!! :D

• Options
    He's tough...but man oh man is he ever-so cool!! :cool:

Plus, not to mention he's a Pearl Jam fan!! :D

and Queens of the Stone Age.. did you see his christmas special.. the boys in christmas sweaters.. oh boy.. nothing better than that...

yes he's a badass...but he's also a beast with his opinions.
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I'm right there with you except I'll remove the "so far" part. The rest of the cast looks like they were plucked from an Indigo Girls concert.

You catch everything man, good call ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    and Queens of the Stone Age.. did you see his christmas special.. the boys in christmas sweaters.. oh boy.. nothing better than that...

yes he's a badass...but he's also a beast with his opinions.

The Christmas Special?? On TC?? Nope. Just seen a few epis here and there. But I watch No Reservations religiously!

I take it Bourdain is the Simon Cowell of Top Chef?

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I caught the last 3/4 of the show last night and I'll probably continue watching. I think they got it right by getting rid of the girl that couldn't cook a scampi. I'm not a very good cook, but even I can do that dish. I don't think the breaded chicken guy is going to last very long either.
  • Options
    I caught the last 3/4 of the show last night and I'll probably continue watching. I think they got it right by getting rid of the girl that couldn't cook a scampi. I'm not a very good cook, but even I can do that dish. I don't think the breaded chicken guy is going to last very long either.

1) AMEN!! I can whip up a damn good shrimp scampi...and I don't consider myself a good cook by far. My personal opinion? TPTB were trying to be politically correct by having a muslim on the show.

2) LOL @ "breaded chicken guy"!! :D

• Options
    The Christmas Special?? On TC?? Nope. Just seen a few epis here and there. But I watch No Reservations religiously!

I take it Bourdain is the Simon Cowell of Top Chef?

no the christmas special was the no reservations! it was hilarious.. i think you can find it on youtube.

and mookie good call on the indigo girls hahhaha. i actually thought to myself last night if they were all gonna go see lilith fair after this was over.. oh boy..

and if i were a dude walking in and a girl looked just like me.. i would change the look pronto
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    don't you make fun of my mark. he does seem way too sweet to be on a gameshow though.. i feel like he's gonna get his heart broken hahah. but the accent man the accent. you can have nikki and that brooklyn/new jersey thing going on.. ick

like i said i know who i like based on personality but i dont know who i wanna "ride" to the end...

Yeah, not too into Nikki either but consider the alternatives? And go ahead, ride Mark..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    1) AMEN!! I can whip up a damn good shrimp scampi...and I don't consider myself a good cook by far. My personal opinion? TPTB were trying to be politically correct by having a muslim on the show.

But by the same token, where are the black chefs this season?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    no the christmas special was the no reservations! it was hilarious.. i think you can find it on youtube.

LOL! Guess I don't watch No Reservations as religiously as I thought! LMAO!!!
    AllIAm wrote:
    and if i were a dude walking in and a girl looked just like me.. i would change the look pronto
    And, this cracked me up!!!

• Options
    The Champ wrote:
    But by the same token, where are the black chefs this season?

Nimma covered both bases. 2 birds. 1 stone. Plus, they have a lesbian couple...that counts double in the politically correct category.

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    The Champ wrote:
    Yeah, not too into Nikki either but consider the alternatives? And go ahead, ride Mark..
    I find Antonia attractive. :o
    And she can cook.
    She just seems cozy.

I loved that Bourdin was there last night. lol
    I will never forget the Flintstonian execution. :p

Padma and those dresses and boots...holy mackeral. :eek:

Oh anyway, the food. I needed a glass of water just hearing about that salty scampi. Ick. And potatoes and rice all over a plate of chicken piccatta???
    Antonia is going to make it to the final 3.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Padma and those dresses and boots...holy mackeral. :eek:

How about when they were doing that little text message thing and she was going in circles with those knives?!? Hello!!! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    How about when they were doing that little text message thing and she was going in circles with those knives?!? Hello!!! :D
    What are you talking about??? I missed a Padma moment? :(
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I find Antonia attractive. :o
    And she can cook.
    She just seems cozy.

Cozy is the PERFECT word for Antonia. And, I'm not really sure how I feel about Spike.

• Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    What are you talking about??? I missed a Padma moment? :(

I think it was as they were getting ready to display the results from the text challenge, it was a taped promo she was in a tight little number doing circles while holding two knives and shifting them around. It was over as soon as it started (I know Dunk can relate) ;) so I had to rewind it once or forty times to see it again! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I think it was as they were getting ready to display the results from the text challenge, it was a taped promo she was in a tight little number doing circles while holding two knives and shifting them around. It was over as soon as it started (I know Dunk can relate) ;) so I had to rewind it once or forty times to see it again! :D
    Text challenge??? :(
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Text challenge??? :(

Text who you think will be booted (or win, can't remember which).

• Options
    Text who you think will be booted (or win, can't remember which).
    It was will the couple have an advantage or not.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    It was will the couple have an advantage or not.

Oh...yeah...duh, that's what I meant! :cool: ;)