My girlfriend read my messages

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Has everyone here completely given up on love???
    Falling in love?
    Being in love?
    That makes me sad, you guys.
    Sometimes it happens fast. Sometimes lust is mistaken for love.
    So what?
    All you need is love.

more than sometimes. usually lust is mistaken for love. unless you're realistic, the so what is you will pay for your mistakes when you end up sharing a lease with someone you can't stand.

and to answer your first three, yes. well, i can't speak for everyone, but those with half a mind know better.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sometimes people just connect. And if the two people happen to be quite passionate aswell, then stuff like that gets said. No big deal.
    Your parents should have made more like you.

Soulsinging....someday, some girl is going to find her way into that heart of yours and then you will remember me telling you that love will always find a way.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    what do you keep old texts from old girlfriends on your phone for? what good purpose could that ever possibly serve? let this be a lesson to ya. when you part ways with a woman, you get rid of that kind of shit.

My phone gives me the first option to save a message and I'm normally too lazy to click more than one button in order to delete it. I just forgot about them being there. I've learn't my lesson now.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Sometimes people just connect. And if the two people happen to be quite passionate aswell, then stuff like that gets said. No big deal.

wow, I once told someone he was cute after about 3 months of dating and he flipped out on me. dumped me the next day. actually another guy I was dating for a month, I told him I was having fun with him. next thing I know, he's like "um, we have to talk, I don't want a serious relationship." You're the first guy I've ever heard of who actually takes things LESS seriously than they are.
    brainofPJ wrote:
    typical psycho asian.

He he! You sound like you talk from experience. Please elaborate. :)
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Soulsinging....someday, some girl is going to find her way into that heart of yours and then you will remember me telling you that love will always find a way.

:rolleyes: so i've heard. i assume you mean "again"? cos it already happened once. if that's what you call finding a way, love needs googlemaps.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    My phone gives me the first option to save a message and I'm normally too lazy to click more than one button in order to delete it. I just forgot about them being there. I've learn't my lesson now.

these are the kinds of things you can't forget if you expect to handle chicks. cos they know and pay attention to this sort of nonsense ;) glad you escaped ok this time! she's pretty smokin and you're a lucky man. i may have to ask you if sometime about whether or not the rumors about asian women are true... though i tend to prefer latin women myself.
    wow, I once told someone he was cute after about 3 months of dating and he flipped out on me. dumped me the next day. actually another guy I was dating for a month, I told him I was having fun with him. next thing I know, he's like "um, we have to talk, I don't want a serious relationship." You're the first guy I've ever heard of who actually takes things LESS seriously than they are.

there's a reason for this but it falls under that category of brutal honesty and in my efforts to learn to hold my tongue and out of respect for byrnzie and not hijacking his thread, i won't explain it to you. but i think the situations are different.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Byrnzie wrote:
    He he! You sound like you talk from experience. Please elaborate. :)

i'm beginning to think it's not just a stereotype.

my wife is Filipino...

kind a living out of my car at the moment.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    oooOOOooo Byrnzie... only saw this thread now... glad it's all sorted! :D Just keep your phone tidy!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    :rolleyes: so i've heard. i assume you mean "again"? cos it already happened once. if that's what you call finding a way, love needs googlemaps.
    I know it happened before. I just didn't want to bring it up again because you have said how much you loved that girl.
    It will happen again. You are still quite young.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    People who read their partner's texts - What are you looking for? I cant see it as being anything other than pretty insecure or unsure of your relationship. Would rather not be in a relationship if that's the way it was!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    Are you sure you do not have any other stuff on there?
    Think hard.
    And are the text messages really from a month ago?

You know, I thought really hard about this, and I did wonder. But then I know I've not txtd any other girls - other than friends - over the past month, and that any dodgy stuff on my phone would have been from before I first slept with her. I was still flirting with other girls just after I first met her, but we hadn't become 'a couple' at the point that I first met her in a bar, so those other txts were legit in my book.
    But yeah, I did think long and hard, but I was pretty certain that she had no case against me...thank God.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It's weird that she won't give you your phone. If all the text messages were from before you knew her, I think it's she's being unreasonable but I guess I really don't know the whole story. I guess just your side.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i'm beginning to think it's not just a stereotype.

my wife is Filipino...

kind a living out of my car at the moment.

My girls also Filipino, but I don't drive, so I'm safe. ;)

Seriously, that sucks mate. I hope things pick up for ya!
    libragirl wrote:
    It's weird that she won't give you your phone. If all the text messages were from before you knew her, I think it's she's being unreasonable but I guess I really don't know the whole story. I guess just your side.

people really should learn to read threads back to front. I'm guilty of it myself though, so I shouldn't say anything.
  • stu gee wrote:
    People who read their partner's texts - What are you looking for? I cant see it as being anything other than pretty insecure or unsure of your relationship. Would rather not be in a relationship if that's the way it was!

this is another excellent point about this girl's character. I don't think I'd want to be with someone who took that advantage to snoop on me. she was probably *hoping* to find something in order to create drama.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    people really should learn to read threads back to front. I'm guilty of it myself though, so I shouldn't say anything.

Ha..ha..Im at work so that's not feasible. I assumed you told the whole story in your first post. I should have quoted it. It really comes down to trust..if you trust the person you're with you don't have to be checking their text messages, emails, etc.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Ah well....I got my phone back this evening. There was nothing on there since after we first spent the night together.
    I txtd her to tell as much. I then just called her about 10 minutes ago, and she answered the phone just as I was about to give up and hang up. I said my piece...and it's all cool. She admitted that she'd over-reacted.
    I'm going down to see her Saturday now. :)

:GiddyByrnzie:

And thanks for all your input today guys and girls. You helped me hold my chin up.

There you are...Bob's your uncle.

Now administer that firm spanking!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    There you are...Bob's your uncle.

Now administer that firm spanking!

Cheers my man! ;) I had your 'She'll come around' keeping me going today.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I know it happened before. I just didn't want to bring it up again because you have said how much you loved that girl.
    It will happen again. You are still quite young.

yes, but not young enough to believe in santa clause, the tooth fairy, and true love conquering all ;)

though it can, apparently, get your phone back for you :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    this is another excellent point about this girl's character. I don't think I'd want to be with someone who took that advantage to snoop on me. she was probably *hoping* to find something in order to create drama.

Not sure if it is 'snooping' or shows anything of the lady's character. A lot of people are just plain curious and I'm sure that, faced with the same 'opportunity' a lot of people on this board would do the same... even if they are not prepared to admit it.
    redrock wrote:
    Not sure if it is 'snooping' or shows anything of the lady's character. A lot of people are just plain curious and I'm sure that, faced with the same 'opportunity' a lot of people on this board would do the same... even if they are not prepared to admit it.

That is not curiosity for me, its invasion of privacy. If you give permission to your partner to look at your messages/emails/mail etc fair enough, but going through it without permission in my eyes is wrong. I dont actually think ive ever gone through ANYONE's phone messages, never mind a girlfriend's. Messages sent to someone else's phone aren't meant for my eyes!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    redrock wrote:

I agree...I think if someone had doubt in their mind it will leave them susceptible to that type of behavior.
  • stu gee wrote:
    That is not curiosity for me, its invasion of privacy. If you give permission to your partner to look at your messages/emails/mail etc fair enough, but going through it without permission in my eyes is wrong. I dont actually think ive ever gone through ANYONE's phone messages, never mind a girlfriend's. Messages sent to someone else's phone aren't meant for my eyes!!

I agree. I had PLENTY of opportunities to read my boyfriend's emails but it never even crossed my mind.
  • redrock wrote:
    I'm not denying I'd be curious... and if the opportunity were there it would be tempting :o but if I DID do it I'd be very ashamed of myself though.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Surely you'd feel guilty as hell. I wouldnt want to feel that kind of guilt.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    One can always notice these women who trust their men, they look so terribly unhappy.
    stu gee wrote:
    Surely you'd feel guilty as hell. I wouldnt want to feel that kind of guilt.

i've lived with worse :)
    i've lived with worse :)

Glad i havent had to, that would be enough for me.