My girlfriend read my messages

1235»

Comments

• I think for all the advice offered in this thread that the only reasonable thing to do is to pass on that nudie pic.

In all seriousness, I hope it works out for you. You sound smitten by this girl.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Sure there wasnt something absolutely horrendous on your phone that you had downloaded or something?
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I admit at one time looking at my fiance's text messages but I just did it out of boredom and curiosity. Im sure he would've deleted any incriminating text messages.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You know, I thought really hard about this, and I did wonder. But then I know I've not txtd any other girls - other than friends - over the past month, and that any dodgy stuff on my phone would have been from before I first slept with her. I was still flirting with other girls just after I first met her, but we hadn't become 'a couple' at the point that I first met her in a bar, so those other txts were legit in my book.
    But yeah, I did think long and hard, but I was pretty certain that she had no case against me...thank God.
    Whoa...hold the phone...
    Is SHE the reason I have not gotten any naked pix????
    I would drop that nosey thing like a hot potato if I were you. :o
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • bottom line...

its your phone. get it back. she cant keep what's not hers....right?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Whoa...hold the phone...

:D

She is the reason, but not because of what you think. It's because she costs me so much money that I've not been able to afford to buy myself a p.c.
    I'm hoping I can get one next month though. ;)
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Whoa...hold the phone...
    :eek: careful trix... she may be reading :o

:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • The only thing I don't understand is why do people mind if the partner reads their messages or e-mails? Why do you need to hide them from your partner? my gf and I we have just one e-mail account and if someone's sending me a message she's able to read it and I'm fine with that.
    She seems to be very emotionally and impulsive. How can anyone talk about moving together after 6 weeks? i hope for you that she'll calm down anyway she's going to tell you in a few days that she wants a baby !!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    The only thing I don't understand is why do people mind if the partner reads their messages or e-mails? Why do you need to hide them from your partner? my gf and I we have just one e-mail account and if someone's sending me a message she's able to read it and I'm fine with that.
    She seems to be very emotionally and impulsive. How can anyone talk about moving together after 6 weeks? i hope for you that she'll calm down anyway she's going to tell you in a few days that she wants a baby !!!
    the main issue I would have is their reason for reading them. If he reads them to check up on me, I'd be seriously pissed off. It means he doesn't trust me... and one thing I'm big on is trust. I couldn't go out with someone I don't trust or who doesn't trust me... I just couldn't. If it's something they do for no reason, just cos... I probably wouldn't be bothered... I wouldn't have it in me to be up to something I shouldn't be up to and he should know that about me if he knows anything about me! If he doesn't know that about me, we're not going anywhere.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    luxpjamer wrote:
    The only thing I don't understand is why do people mind if the partner reads their messages or e-mails? Why do you need to hide them from your partner? my gf and I we have just one e-mail account and if someone's sending me a message she's able to read it and I'm fine with that.

There's no reason for someone else to read my messages, whoever they are, they are for me and me alone! As i said i have nothing to hide, its just the principal. Its not even just to do with serious stuff. How do people who allow their partners to read all their business ever plan surprises, or keep things that are personal to them, completely for them?

And i agree with this part completely, swapping the he's for she's in my case...

he should know that about me if he knows anything about me! If he doesn't know that about me, we're not going anywhere
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    stu gee wrote:
    How do people who allow their partners to read all their business ever plan surprises, or keep things that are personal to them, completely for them?

That's true..that's why I don't do it all the time.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    byrnzie
    what happened, did you go see the girl? Did you get your phone back?!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    byrnzie
    what happened, did you go see the girl? Did you get your phone back?!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4974687#post4974687

I got my phone back. There was nothing bad on it at all really - just some messages to other girls sent before we started dating.
    I sent her some expensive flowers last week and she seemed to be cool with me.
    She then got funny with me again on Sunday after I went down to see her.
    I told her I'd call her this week, but then discovered yesterday that she's gone and changed her number or something. He he! Oh well! So it goes...
    Byrnzie wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=4974687#post4974687

I got my phone back. There was nothing bad on it at all really - just some messages to other girls sent before we started dating.
    I sent her some expensive flowers last week and she seemed to be cool with me.
    She then got funny with me again on Sunday after I went down to see her.
    I told her I'd call her this week, but then discovered yesterday that she's gone and changed her number or something. He he! Oh well! So it goes...
    what? I saw your 'single again' thread
    that doesn't make sense Byrnzie

sounds kinda flighty
    this might be a blessing in disguise (no offense)

PS-yay you got your phone back!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    what? I saw your 'single again' thread
    that doesn't make sense Byrnzie

sounds kinda flighty
    this might be a blessing in disguise (no offense)

PS-yay you got your phone back!

I think you're right. I also think that her girlfriends got their claws into the situation too and swayed her away from me.
    Why do girls friends do this? It seems like a common thing. Why can't they keep out of it?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I think you're right. I also think that her girlfriends got their claws into the situation too and swayed her away from me.
    Why do girls friends do this? It seems like a common thing. Why can't they keep out of it?
    if they did do that they are not really her friends
    or they are envious.

you seem like a good guy. It's her loss.

ps-I bet she gets in touch with you again and this is not the end of it...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    ps-I bet she gets in touch with you again and this is not the end of it...

Maybe. I dunno. I hope so.

And thanks.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't get it either byrnzie... a friend of mine had a difficult situation with her fiancee a couple of years back. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed... but another friend of hers was all 'oh just get rid of him, I wouldn't put up with that... no man's worth it' and all that bullshit... and I had to chip in 'but hang on, this is the first thing that's gone wrong in the relationship and you're really really good together... why would you give it up so easily? Yeh, he's done wrong but let's see how he fixes it'. Thankfully she eventually listened to me and found out much later that the other girl was a single white female kinda thing :eek: . They're still together with a couple of kids now and as strong as ever.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I don't get it either byrnzie... a friend of mine had a difficult situation with her fiancee a couple of years back. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed... but another friend of hers was all 'oh just get rid of him, I wouldn't put up with that... no man's worth it' and all that bullshit... and I had to chip in 'but hang on, this is the first thing that's gone wrong in the relationship and you're really really good together... why would you give it up so easily? Yeh, he's done wrong but let's see how he fixes it'. Thankfully she eventually listened to me and found out much later that the other girl was a single white female kinda thing :eek: . They're still together with a couple of kids now and as strong as ever.

Yeah, most friends of girls I've been out with have been negative, interfering bitches...or just plain jealous.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, most friends of girls I've been out with have been negative, interfering bitches...or just plain jealous.
    but the worst thing about it is, when someone IS going out with somebody who's plainly and badly wrong for them, and you try and talk sense into them... they presume you're just another jealous, interfering bitch! I don't do jealousy... ok well I don't do interfering :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Byrnzie wrote:

this should be on a tshirt ;)