My girlfriend read my messages

Comments

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    actually :o no! That was my one non sarcastic post of the day (seriously... no sarcasm)

I have friends who do things like that... read messages, hack into email and voicemail and stuff and the whole thing just makes me quite uncomfortable :o

To be honest though, that part of it doesn't really bother. I mean, I really had nothing to hide anyway. I really can't understand it. Maybe she's just using it as an excuse. I dunno. But then she was all set to come and see me that same day before she read my phone messages. Ah fuck! I dunno. Hopefully I'll find out over the next few days.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    To be honest though, that part of it doesn't really bother. I mean, I really had nothing to hide anyway. I really can't understand it. Maybe she's just using it as an excuse. I dunno. But then she was all set to come and see me that same day before she read my phone messages. Ah fuck! I dunno. Hopefully I'll find out over the next few days.
    That would bother me... someone going through my messages. I mean it's just a bit too control freakish for my liking. And I certainly don't have anything to hide unfortunately :o

well hopefully you'll get the phone back and the mystery will be solved :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • How did you manage to still have texts over a month old?!? Seems like mine is full every other day! Constantly having to delete texts. I need whatever phone it was that you had.

And i would be pissed if someone were to read my messages. Sorry about your situation though, I hope it works out for you!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I know!, what kind of phone do yo have?! I have to empty mine once a week usually. Seriously though, if my girlfriend went through my messages im not sure id want to be with her, they are private. I wouldnt go through her phone. Hoep you get it sorted though.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Get your phone back and get a new girl.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I would go down there and talk to her.
    Of course she is overreacting a little bit..she is young and in love with you. Give her some slack here. If you really like her, just go down there, be a man and talk to her.
    And yes, I would have looked too. I am nosey like that.
    And all of the talk about meant to be...I just don't believe in things like that. It was a phone, she is in love, and a bit nosey.
    So what, in my opinion.
    You sound like you like her.
    I would go with what Rolandthedrummer said...give her a good little spanking when you get down there. And give the relationship another go.
    good luck.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    Cant believe people saying they would have looked at his phone as well. Its his phone so any messages on it are for him and him alone, its no-one else's business. Ive got nothing to hide but id be raging if i caught my gfriend going through mine, its rude and nosey as hell to do that.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu gee wrote:
    Cant believe people saying they would have looked at his phone as well. Its his phone so any messages on it are for him and him alone, its no-one else's business. Ive got nothing to hide but id be raging if i caught my gfriend going through mine, its rude and nosey as hell to do that.
    exactly... unless you're at the stage of the relationship where you don't have any secrets... and it's not even being nosy, more like just bored... and I still couldn't imagine there being a time where I would look through somebody's phone unless I had serious suspicions about something... if that were the case it would mean I don't trust him anyway and either way it's only a matter of time.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    stu gee wrote:
    Byrnzie said even he probably would have looked. lol
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    exactly... unless you're at the stage of the relationship where you don't have any secrets... and it's not even being nosy, more like just bored... and I still couldn't imagine there being a time where I would look through somebody's phone unless I had serious suspicions about something... if that were the case it would mean I don't trust him anyway and either way it's only a matter of time.

Been with the missus for over 5 years now and even when the relationship has had it's rocky moments, I've never felt the need to invade her privacy and her own space like that and I'm one hundred percent certain that she has not neither.(my space that is, she invades her own constantly):p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    I just think its a private thing. I wouldnt want to read her messages, id feel guilty and it'd make me think i didnt trust her, and if i caught her looking at mine id think she didnt trust me.

In other words i dont know her security code.
  • Been with the missus for over 5 years now and even when the relationship has had it's rocky moments, I've never felt the need to invade her privacy and her own space like that and I'm one hundred percent certain that she has not neither.(my space that is, she invades her own constantly):p

Same here. Bf and I never look at each other's messages. :cool:

Which might be a good thing. ;)
  • Been with the missus for over 5 years now and even when the relationship has had it's rocky moments, I've never felt the need to invade her privacy and her own space like that and I'm one hundred percent certain that she has not neither.(my space that is, she invades her own constantly):p
    awww... see that's the way it SHOULD be. There are serious problems if you think you're entitled to do that. I understand if you're both comfortable with it... some couples share phones, whatever! But if it's never been discussed and you do it cos you're suspicious... well you have issues... and the couple's in trouble.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    my advice ... look for a good looking girl where u work
    stu gee wrote:
    I just think its a private thing. I wouldnt want to read her messages, id feel guilty and it'd make me think i didnt trust her, and if i caught her looking at mine id think she didnt trust me.

In other words i dont know her security code.
    Try 1 2 3 4
    If you ever find my phone and it is locked...go for it. :p
  • my best friend and his wife are in a nasty dispute over her reading his text messages and taking something totally out of context.

Paranoia at it's finest.

So now I text him messages to her on his phone. Something like "Hi Amy, hope this finds you well"

His wife's name is Amy, she loves that.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    WTF is she doing reading your texts? You should have yelled at her and told her that if she was doing what she was SUPPOSED to be doing - cleaning the house & scrubbing the toilets - then she wouldn't have time to do that shit.

Tell her you're going out tonight and you'll come home whenever you damn well please. I'd take her down to the WalMart and smack her around a bit, learn her a good'un.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Byrnzie wrote:
    My girl told me this week she doesn't want to see me anymore. I lost my phone down her way a couple of weeks ago, and someone found it and handed it in to her. She then read my txt messages and has told me she doesn't want to see me anymore.
    Any messages to other girls were made before I met her - about a month and a half ago. She hasn't told me what it was specifically that upset her - I still haven't gotten my phone back so I can't see. But WTF? Is she being unreasonable?
    I'm a bit gutted.

yes, she's being unreasonable. she should not have read your messages. either way she damn well should return your phone. that said, what do you keep old texts from old girlfriends on your phone for? what good purpose could that ever possibly serve? let this be a lesson to ya. when you part ways with a woman, you get rid of that kind of shit.
    fanch75 wrote:
    WTF is she doing reading your texts? You should have yelled at her and told her that if she was doing what she was SUPPOSED to be doing - cleaning the house & scrubbing the toilets - then she wouldn't have time to that shit.

Tell her you're going out tonight and you'll come home whenever you damn well please. I'd take her down to the WalMart and smack her around a bit, learn her a good'un.
    She was being nosey...leave her alone. She is young and in love.
    That would bother me... someone going through my messages. I mean it's just a bit too control freakish for my liking. And I certainly don't have anything to hide unfortunately :o

well hopefully you'll get the phone back and the mystery will be solved :o

Ah well....I got my phone back this evening. There was nothing on there since after we first spent the night together.
    I txtd her to tell as much. I then just called her about 10 minutes ago, and she answered the phone just as I was about to give up and hang up. I said my piece...and it's all cool. She admitted that she'd over-reacted.
    I'm going down to see her Saturday now. :)

:GiddyByrnzie:

And thanks for all your input today guys and girls. You helped me hold my chin up.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    My girl told me this week she doesn't want to see me anymore. I lost my phone down her way a couple of weeks ago, and someone found it and handed it in to her. She then read my txt messages and has told me she doesn't want to see me anymore.
    Any messages to other girls were made before I met her - about a month and a half ago. She hasn't told me what it was specifically that upset her - I still haven't gotten my phone back so I can't see. But WTF? Is she being unreasonable?
    I'm a bit gutted.

Are you sure you do not have any other stuff on there?
    Think hard.
    And are the text messages really from a month ago?
    If so then forget her, If you ignore her she will come back.
    Trust me.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Ah well....I got my phone back this evening. There was nothing on there since after we first spent the night together.
    I txtd her to tell as much. I then just called her about 10 minutes ago, and she answered the phone just as I was about to give up and hang up. I said my piece...and it's all cool. She admitted that she'd over-reacted.

And thanks for all your input today guys and girls. You helped me hold my chin up.
    :eek: I guess when you're in love or whatever, it's hard to accept that there MAY have been other women he's been interested in in the past. She was probably just having a bit of a huff... but she definitely coulda handled it better. Hopefully she'll learn from this and glad you got it sorted out :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

It's not really a big deal to me. I mean, if it was sitting there, then it's tempting to be nosy. I suppose some of us are, and some aren't. No big deal in my book.
    Byrnzie wrote:

Aw...love. :)
    Have a great time Saturday.
  • Yeah, she seems like she overreacts

Moving in after 6 weeks ?

I think her emotions get the best of her

yeah I think you should take this opportunity to get the hell out of there. seriously, who tells someone they love them in a month and wants to move in? She sounds kinda psychola.
    forget her, If you ignore her she will come back.
    Trust me.

You know, I kept telling myself that I should be doing that. And in retrospect I know that that would probably have worked too. It's just not my way though. I'm too impetuous, and impatient. I sent her a shit-load of messages instead - e-mails, which she still hasn't seen. Hopefully they won't give her the hump when she reads them! :)
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    typical psycho asian.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    yeah I think you should take this opportunity to get the hell out of there. seriously, who tells someone they love them in a month and wants to move in? She sounds kinda psychola.
    Has everyone here completely given up on love???
    Falling in love?
    Being in love?
    That makes me sad, you guys.
    Sometimes it happens fast. Sometimes lust is mistaken for love.
    So what?
    All you need is love.

Sometimes people just connect. And if the two people happen to be quite passionate aswell, then stuff like that gets said. No big deal.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Aw...love. :)
    Have a great time Saturday.

Thanks Trixie. :)