How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• Staal is on FIRE!!!

I can't believe they let the Leafs back into it like that, but they came through in the end and that's all that matters I suppose. :D
  • As they mentioned during the broadcast, Staal caught his brother's goal total tonight. He needed a hattrick and the winner sealed it.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Man that game was awesome! It felt like playoff hockey. I really missed that edge of your seat feeling you can only get in games like that.
    staal is amazing. this team is gonna be downright lethal in the coming years.
  • Well that crybaby just happens to lead the league in points and seems to be what will become the face of the league in the near future, if he hasn't already.
    "Ok... if I smoke a joint Pittsburgh will soon be my favorite place on the planet. Somebody throw up a lighter come on. Ok we got the lighter. And this is a Marlboro Light, what kind of fucker..."
    -EV

http://www.petitiononline.com/keeppens/petition.html
    HELP KEEP THE PENS IN PITTSBURGH
  • Who says the Penguins don't have enforcers, Petrovicki basically killed a man. And Thorburn is one scrappy motherfucker.
    Pretty sure it was thorburn who shit-pumped hall gill earlier this season. Gill is a pussy.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."

• I'm tired of the crybaby shit... people just wish that he was on their team. Gretzky was one of the biggest whiners in the league, and people got over that because he was so amazing... Unfortunately it will take a couple of years for crosby to earn that respect.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • They play Chicago tonight so it should be an easy 2 points.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I saw a bit on tsn about a week ago comparing Gretz and Crosby’s numbers as 19 year olds….Crosby was projected to beat 99 by one point (138 vs. 137)…..he was looking at 40G 98A if he stays on pace. The kid is amazing…he could break some of Gretzky’s seasonal records down the road (never thought I’d say that). I doubt he can touch any of the career records, but who knows with this kid….he’s that good. The biggest problem will be keeping that young supporting cast together longer than a year or two
  • They play Chicago tonight so it should be an easy 2 points.

It should be, but they almost blew it against the Flyers last week so who knows...

But yeah I'm sick and tired of the crybaby stuff. He sticks up for himself as much as anyone in the league (not counting goons who couldn't score a point if there life depended on it). The press in Canada would just rather make stuff up than report on how many more years it will be before a team in Canada actually wins the Stanley Cup again.

Jealous, eh?
  • Well even though they blew another multi-goal lead, they found a way to pull another one out tonight! The fact that Crosby hasn't scored a goal in 8 games and they've gotten 15 out of a possible 16 points during that stretch is amazing. Just goes to show that they are playing great as a team right now with four lines that can score at any given time.

Now to see if we can gain more ground and get within five points of the top spot in the Atlantic with a win against New Jersey on Friday!
  • fuck the penguins.fuck crosby.fuck malkin.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • scot88scot88 Posts: 217
    fuck the penguins.fuck crosby.fuck malkin.
    a little jealous, eh?
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    hmnnnnnn thread started 14 days ago

front running fans
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    hmnnnnnn thread started 14 days ago

front running fans

Hey now, you can go back and check my posts in the "NHL is back!" thread and others where I predicted the Pens would make the playoffs before the season started. I can't speak for everyone, but that's my story.

Plus, I think it's a bit excessive to have a thread about every team of every league every year, but that's just me. When I saw that someone decided to create one, I didn't think of it as someone who jumped on a bandwagon, but rather that it was the result of longsuffering fans of a team who has missed the playoffs the last 5 years and was excited about the way they were playing.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hey now, you can go back and check my posts in the "NHL is back!" thread and others where I predicted the Pens would make the playoffs before the season started. I can't speak for everyone, but that's my story.

Plus, I think it's a bit excessive to have a thread about every team of every league every year, but that's just me. When I saw that someone decided to create one, I didn't think of it as someone who jumped on a bandwagon, but rather that it was the result of longsuffering fans of a team who has missed the playoffs the last 5 years and was excited about the way they were playing.

They're playin' real good now, and they'll make the playoffs. They're going to get a quick exit when they do, in my opinion, but they'll get in there.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

yea but "fans " need to discuss the bad times also ,rather than just praise the good times

but whatever floats ur boat
    i will leave this thread alone now enjoy
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Fuck the Rangers!

hahaha - why are they on your mind ? :confused:

season series tied 2-2
    4 more games to go ,
    including the final game of the season .

maybe i will bump this thread back up after we beat you guys a few times .

[size=+4] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I didn't think of it as someone who jumped on a bandwagon, but rather that it was the result of longsuffering fans of a team who has missed the playoffs the last 5 years and was excited about the way they were playing.
    Yep, thats pretty much it.

12-0-2 in 14. I'm starting to fall in love with jordan Staal and Marc-Andre.

And um, are you guys (Rangers) in the playoffs right now?
    uh no, no you aren't

• It's pretty funny that the ranger fans had a visit. Having to depend upon Jagr will make them understandably edgy. And if our penguins meet up with them in the playoffs we can all sit back and relax while our team makes fools of them all. The rangers suck.
  • Only five points out! Hopefully the idiots that said they couldn't hang with the likes of the Devils will just shut up.

I'm telling you now that this team will make it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals. This is no fluke. They should've been playing like this all year with all that talent, but it took them a few months to find total team chemistry. Age and experience mean very little in a seven game series.

Mark my words.
  • Only five points out! Hopefully the idiots that said they couldn't hang with the likes of the Devils will just shut up.

I'm telling you now that this team will make it to at least the Eastern Conference Finals. This is no fluke. They should've been playing like this all year with all that talent, but it took them a few months to find total team chemistry. Age and experience mean very little in a seven game series.

Mark my words.

I will mark them, and agree with them.
    Devils are back up to 7 ahead of us, but we have two games. Crosby will once again prove himself over Ovechkin tomorrow, and the Pens will close the gap once again.
    I really love how even when Crosby or the D-men don't show up, the rest of the team steps it up enough to get the win. That is why the above quote is true.
    P.S. goddamn it i hate the rangers.

• O_G_DO_G_D Posts: 542
    Leaf fan here but been thinking of getting NHL network just to watch more of their games. What a young exciting team. At least we will get a few good years of watching them together. It's too bad with the NHL's new system that this team will only have a few good years together. Holy smokes they are scary.
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Early start tomorrow against the Isles to keep the streak going...

Now if only Brodeur could start giving up some goals we'll be in great shape... lol
  • Fleury Fleury Fleury...

What the hell was that? 26 seconds away from at least a point and you let THAT get by?

Oh well...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hahahahahahahahaha

LETS GO ISLANDERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Fleury's just a young lad, he'll be ok, as for the islanders, we'll be back for you.

• Here we go now pens, 1-1 in the third, lets win this one boys!
    Thibault is kicking ass tonight baby!

• Here we go now pens, 1-1 in the third, lets win this one boys!
    Thibault is kicking ass tonight baby!

Armstrong gets the overtime goal and we win again. I am getting excited about the playoffs.
  • Thibault looked awesome and will probably start seeing a few more starts before the playoffs.

But another big goal from the third line.

Too bad the Rangers let the Devils come back and get the win, but we get again them next week to help close the gap.