How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    yea BRY..he almost took out a very important member of the nyr with a very dirty hit....

what more is needed??

not to mention all the other links that were put up

if staal did that to crosby.....my lord..suspended for the playoffs
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    yea BRY..he almost took out a very important member of the nyr with a very dirty hit....

what more is needed??

You can bring a few links up over the last handful of years to come to any conclusion that you'd like, I guess.

And no, Staal wouldn't have been suspended for the playoffs, nice try... the only player who the league has suspended for the playoffs was a guy who plays for the Pens.... after he hit a Ranger.

The knee on knee was a dirty hit, but the league has been pretty consistent on what they give out for that. Look at Ovi taking out Gonchar's knee a few years ago in the playoffs.. no suspension or even penalty there. Look at Rupp's knee to knee on Jordan Staal earlier this year... nothing came out of that, Staal missed a month.

Do stars get preferential treatment in this league and every other professional league... probably... but I guess that's a much bigger issue than one team or one player that you have an irrational hatred for.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • jackrabbit slimjackrabbit slim Posts: 560
    edited April 2012

what more is needed??

give me a break, you sound like your coach
    rupp took out staal's knee for 16 games. no suspension.(also no penguins crying to the media)
    stepan was laughing on the bench.
    i don't think either guy tried to do it, in a fast game sometimes these hits happen. didn't like either one but it happens.
    nystrom destroyed letang on a hit earlier that concussed him. no suspension. enough with the protecting the pens crap.
    Post edited by jackrabbit slim on
  • who cares about the rangers anyway. it's smashing pumpkins day!
  • nice to see malkin get 50. what a season! mvp
  • nice to see malkin get 50. what a season! mvp

Yes, Malkin getting to 50 is pretty sweet. I love how he has adapted and become a true force in the league. At first I was a little worried he would be like Jagr, only good while someone better is on the team.

With a healthy team I like our chances. These playoffs should be fun.
  • If the refs were paying attention this game would be over now. Lets hope the hockey gods reward us for the refs faults.
    If the refs were paying attention this game would be over now. Lets hope the hockey gods reward us for the refs faults.
    :lol::lol:

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :roll: :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • If the refs were paying attention this game would be over now. Lets hope the hockey gods reward us for the refs faults.

That briere goal was so bad not even close to being onsides.. That said you can't give up a 3-0 lead. what happened to that fire they had in the first? they better bring it or this will be a real demoralizing loss.
    :fp: :fp:
    :mrgreen:
  • That game was shit.
  • that sucked. but didn't we see that against philly not the last game but the one before. dominated them for 2 periods then watched the game slip away and lose at home. this time it was one period of domination.

for whatever reason, flyers just own us at home and it doesn't look good.
    This team is so good but philly just matches up so well. Hopefully this is a kick in the ass they need, but this isn't something they haven't seen before with philly. time for bylsma to earn that paycheck.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Hmmm they had this game won for sure then let it slip. These kinds of losses can expand into the rest of the series and give the Flyers great confidence.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• this is so disappointing. I had high hopes this year. But maybe were just the capitals. regular season wonders.
    the lack of defense is just appalling and this was going on for the last 10 or so games of the season.
    gotta give credit to the flyers they look real good even if our d sucks. i wrote off philly after richards and carter left. Good job by holmgren to make a bold move and see it pay off.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    this is so disappointing. I had high hopes this year. But maybe were just the capitals. regular season wonders.
    the lack of defense is just appalling and this was going on for the last 10 or so games of the season.
    gotta give credit to the flyers they look real good even if our d sucks. i wrote off philly after richards and carter left. Good job by holmgren to make a bold move and see it pay off.

Boston lost the first 2 games last year at home...look how it ended for them...you just never know.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Really hoping for a penguin win today. I am almost afraid to watch.
  • Way to go fleury, every goal we get is answered with a softie. Might as well be wearing orange.
    Put fucking johnson in! this is such a joke.

flyers better watch out next round when they get a team with a goalie that isnt a mental midget. when fleury gets like this it's real bad as you can see.
  • oh there you go. i guess it doesnt matter who is in goal. flyers just score at will. this is an embarrasment on so many levels. gonna be an interseting off season.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

flyers better watch out next round when they get a team with a goalie that isnt a mental midget. when fleury gets like this it's real bad as you can see.

luongo syndrome?
  • rival. wrote:

luongo syndrome?

could be. even when they won the cup he was shakey he is really hard to read. the d hasn't helped at all this series. but this game was his fault.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    oh there you go. i guess it doesnt matter who is in goal. flyers just score at will. this is an embarrasment on so many levels. gonna be an interseting off season.
    Perhaps they can hire a "sportmanship" coach.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pens have lost their minds. so frustrated.
  • 81 wrote:
    oh there you go. i guess it doesnt matter who is in goal. flyers just score at will. this is an embarrasment on so many levels. gonna be an interseting off season.
    Perhaps they can hire a "sportmanship" coach.

the last thing i'm gonna do is take sportsmanship advice from a philly fan, but yeah that was real sad how they lost it. seen that from your team before many times so don't get all holy on us.
    :lol:

Why did the islanders and the pens brawl last year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Why did the islanders and the pens brawl last year?

because their goon tried to fight our goalie. because their other goon concussed our rookie. again philly fan acting like a choirboy? please. craig berube is an assistant coach, what the hell is he teaching?
    Hair pull defense :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Hair pull defense :lol:

that's easy. that was craig adams. he hasn't won a fight in his life. hair pulling is all he's got.
    Kinda like that flyer vitale smoked in the last reg season game. adams isn't tough at all. sideshow scott needs a haircut anyway.

See ya wed night...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

See ya wed night...

can't wait...at least the handshake line will be interesting