How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Might not be any hand shakes.

Crosby just said he hates flyers specifically voracek

Voracek says the feeling is mutal :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

The flyers must have paid him a batch of steroids to make that video.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    81 wrote:

I'm kinda shocked about the way Crosby and his team are playing with all the head injury stuff he has gone through. I hate the Penguins too but was happy he came back as its good for hockey but it really seems like he nor his team has learned their lesson?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    marcos wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm kinda shocked about the way Crosby and his team are playing with all the head injury stuff he has gone through. I hate the Penguins too but was happy he came back as its good for hockey but it really seems like he nor his team has learned their lesson?

Like everyone has been saying they're one of the dirtiest teams in the league

Even with Cooke changing his style
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Crosby is my favourite active player and I don't know what he was doing out there today. Trying to fight people with his past head injuries makes me question whether he has been playing reconcussed. I have to hand it to giroux for not really punching his head in when it would have been extremely tempting. All in all it was an ugly game and most of the blame has to go to the penguins. And what the hell is wrong with Fleury. Hopefully the penguins can show up ready to play on wednesday.
  • Crosby is my favourite active player and I don't know what he was doing out there today. Trying to fight people with his past head injuries makes me question whether he has been playing reconcussed. I have to hand it to giroux for not really punching his head in when it would have been extremely tempting. All in all it was an ugly game and most of the blame has to go to the penguins. And what the hell is wrong with Fleury. Hopefully the penguins can show up ready to play on wednesday.

i agree with you. that was tough to watch. it was like what the hell were they doing? many attempts to injure, not the kind of team i'm used to supporting.
    Disappointed in Sid too. He often mentions how competitive he is, and i think when things don't go his way he snaps. i can honestly say and i cant believe im saying this, but the flyers haven't really done anything wrong this series. i think schenn plays dirty and embellishes but that's it(not talking about asham play. that was messed up. he did leave his feet though) the pens are definitely gooning it up lately.
    just really strange.
  • 81 wrote:

Meh. Hogan's a whore. we have a video at consol of him saying something about Malkamania. been there done that.
    Flair's better
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    When Crosby's career is over from a flagrant elbow they can only thank themselves

He started just about every scrum

Neal and Asham took it to another level..payback may not be this year but next
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am glad the Pens are getting dealt with like the little bitches that they are..

and as a life long Wings fan, I am stunned to say that I hope the flyers do it this year.. unless they meet the Wings in the finals (which wont happen again this year).. but I have really been impressed with their heart and the way they are playing
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    When Crosby's career is over from a flagrant elbow they can only thank themselves

He started just about every scrum

Neal and Asham took it to another level..payback may not be this year but next

game one next season will be crazy. might be a worth a drive to philly for that one.

what was the deal with teh glove flip on voracek? really? and crosby's answer on why he did it, something like what was i gonna do, pick it up

douche bag city

and how was their not a penalty when couts got rolled.? isn't that interference? couts didn't have the puck nor was he playing it. not to mention, leaving your feet to make the hit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Your team has completely self destructed. It's somewhat different than the Flyers v Bruins last year, which was simply an ass kicking.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I am glad the Pens are getting dealt with like the little bitches that they are..

and as a life long Wings fan, I am stunned to say that I hope the flyers do it this year.. unless they meet the Wings in the finals (which wont happen again this year).. but I have really been impressed with their heart and the way they are playing

that's good because the old ass wings aren't going anywhere either
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Caveeze wrote:

that's good because the old ass wings aren't going anywhere either
    We are aware..

breaks my heart that they are playing like they just want to get on with the golfing season..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Your team has completely self destructed. It's somewhat different than the Flyers v Bruins last year, which was simply an ass kicking.

Yep. they have all gone crazy. Never saw this before, really weird.
    I tell you though your flyers look real good. cup good. you just gotta see next series if it's true or not because of the pens meltdown.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    Your team has completely self destructed. It's somewhat different than the Flyers v Bruins last year, which was simply an ass kicking.

Yep. they have all gone crazy. Never saw this before, really weird.
    I tell you though your flyers look real good. cup good. you just gotta see next series if it's true or not because of the pens meltdown.

The Breeze is going to have to improve a lot to compete with a team with a capable defense.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    tumblr_m1vouqDAqV1qlo9hgo1_r1_500.gif

Iyla tweeted this a couple of days ago. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    tumblr_m1vouqDAqV1qlo9hgo1_r1_500.gif

Iyla tweeted this a couple of days ago. :P

in case anyone is wondering ... this is from the new movie TED coming out ... the red band trailer is pretty funny ... stars mark wahlberg and mila kunis
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    beachball-fleury.gif
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    beachball-fleury.gif

:lol:

that is some aweful chopping.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    in other news, i just heard on the radio that pitts. might be looking to trade stall as he is due a big raise when his contract ends next year.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:
    in other news, i just heard on the radio that pitts. might be looking to trade stall as he is due a big raise when his contract ends next year.

They should package Fleury in the deal and ship them off to Columbus for Nash, then try to trade for Vancouver or LA's backup goalie.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

They should package Fleury in the deal and ship them off to Columbus for Nash, then try to trade for Vancouver or LA's backup goalie.

there is no way that they get Nash for those 2 players. Nash will be playing in vancouver i suspect next year.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

fleury has been the only penguin i've been able to tolerate for the past 5+ years (if ever). sucks he has to be the scapegoat, and i don't think he should be in any way judged on this series, which has proven to be one of the most unorthodox playoff series in recent memory. unloading him in the offseason would prove to be foolish.

i think brodeur's contract is up at the end of this season, and if the devils don't win anything this year, it would be interesting to see if he would sign a one year deal with a team that is going to be in serious contention. if parise lands elsewhere (rangers), i can see brodeur not re-signing with the devils. imagine him and fleury splitting the bulk of the workload in 2013? i think that could be an interesting veteran/youngster combo, especially during playoff time.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:

fleury has been the only penguin i've been able to tolerate for the past 5+ years (if ever). sucks he has to be the scapegoat, and i don't think he should be in any way judged on this series, which has proven to be one of the most unorthodox playoff series in recent memory. unloading him in the offseason would prove to be foolish.

i think brodeur's contract is up at the end of this season, and if the devils don't win anything this year, it would be interesting to see if he would sign a one year deal with a team that is going to be in serious contention. if parise lands elsewhere (rangers), i can see brodeur not re-signing with the devils. imagine him and fleury splitting the bulk of the workload in 2013? i think that could be an interesting veteran/youngster combo, especially during playoff time.
    You think? I think Marty heads home to end career with the Habs if he does not sign with Devs.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    i don't see marty leaving NJ. and if he were to...i really don't see him going to a team with a clear number 1.

i could see him going someplace that has a solid team where he would be the number one, but with a decent back up so that he only plays 45-50 regular season games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    You think? I think Marty heads home to end career with the Habs if he does not sign with Devs.

tough to say. but if he is going to sign a one year deal with the habs to conclude his career in his hometown, why not just sign that one year deal with the devils and finish with the team you played your entire career for?

if he leaves NJ, he is going to a team that has a legit shot at a cup. habs are no where near that discussion.

penguins, canucks, flyers come to mind. hell, maybe even the blackhawks.
    rival. wrote:

tough to say. but if he is going to sign a one year deal with the habs to conclude his career in his hometown, why not just sign that one year deal with the devils and finish with the team you played your entire career for?

if he leaves NJ, he is going to a team that has a legit shot at a cup. habs are no where near that discussion.

blackhawks would make sense

the other teams listed have a clear number one....well...maybe not vancouver, but they have solid goaltending
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

blackhawks would make sense

the other teams listed have a clear number one....well...maybe not vancouver, but they have solid goaltending

I don't think Marty leaves NJ. you can tell that he likes the idea of playing for one team for his whole career.
    fife wrote:
    I don't think Marty leaves NJ. you can tell that he likes the idea of playing for one team for his whole career.

i would agree with this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg