How 'bout them Penguins? How 'bout them Penguins!

Comments

• well that flushed all the flyer fans away fast enough. And i believe my point was made of all that crap in game 4 only going against the flyers. The pens came out at 100 mph and never let up. Never good to give a better team extra motivation.
    But congrats to the flyers on a pretty amazing turnaround.

Stanley cup finals! i never would have predicted this at the start of the season. Hats off to the players and to ray shero for getting 3 great players at the deadline and adding another key one in petr sykora at the start. Let's bring it home boys!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Nice season and nice job turing 3 or was it 4 number 1 or 2 picks in the draft into a Stanley Cup finalists team...... hope that glut of early draft picks doesn't come back to haunt you in the offseason for years to come...

And flushed us away??? sorry no fairweather fans on this board for the Flyers... but apparently plenty for the Pens.. good luck in the finals.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • chromiam wrote:
    Nice season and nice job turing 3 or was it 4 number 1 or 2 picks in the draft into a Stanley Cup finalists team...... hope that glut of early draft picks doesn't come back to haunt you in the offseason for years to come...

And flushed us away??? sorry no fairweather fans on this board for the Flyers... but apparently plenty for the Pens.. good luck in the finals.

Maybe flushed away was a tad harsh.I get most of my hockey talk done on the penguins website. Didn't think people came on here after the playoffs. But this is a good spot to get different fans perspectives so i guess i'll stay on here too.
    And as for our draft picks, Mario said he would spend to the cap limit so hopefully we can have a good run. that said, signing malone,orpik,or hossa won't be easy next year...kinda sux.
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    chromiam wrote:

Have a nice summer!
    Have a nice summer!
    chromiam wrote:
    sorry no fairweather fans on this board for the Flyers... but apparently plenty for the Pens.. good luck in the finals.

Example #1
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Example #1

That's great. I think of myself as a fine example of a penguin fan (a fan since 1987 by the way) and you are a fine example of a flyer fan.
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    chromiam wrote:
    wow reaching much? malkin and crosby will be the only issue.
    chromiam wrote:
    And flushed us away??? sorry no fairweather fans on this board for the Flyers... but apparently plenty for the Pens..
    where the fuck were you last year. pot kettle much?
    chromiam wrote:
    Good luck in the finals.
    yea it sucks to be thoroughly dominated, but as a fan of any philly team you should be totally used to it!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow reaching much? malkin and crosby will be the only issue.
    Staal, Fluery, and others are non issues???
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    where the fuck were you last year. pot kettle much?
    I was here and at the games last year just like I was this year and years before and years to come.
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea it sucks to be thoroughly dominated, but as a fan of any philly team you should be totally used to it!
    in which round did your team lose????

Admin

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ryan malone is gonna look nice in a blueshirt next year
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    ryan malone is gonna look nice in a blueshirt next year

No way! He's gonna give a hometown discount!
    If he leaves he'll go to either the wild where he has his second home or phoenix to be with his dad again.
    No way! He's gonna give a hometown discount!
    If he leaves he'll go to either the wild where he has his second home or phoenix to be with his dad again.

the green pastures of new york can get tempting ,,,especially if he wins a cup this year
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    the green pastures of new york can get tempting ,,,especially if he wins a cup this year

If you got the money he may come knocking. But don't you guys have cap issues with the big signings of drury and gomez? I guess if Jagr leaves you can sign a couple good players.
    If you got the money he may come knocking. But don't you guys have cap issues with the big signings of drury and gomez? I guess if Jagr leaves you can sign a couple good players.

not to get into the off season talk yet ,, but of course cap can be an issue

actually brooks orpik will look good also ;)

enjoy your shot at the cup

we will begin to discuss this in a few weeks
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    not to get into the off season talk yet ,, but of course cap can be an issue

actually brooks orpik will look good also ;)

enjoy your shot at the cup

we will begin to discuss this in a few weeks

Orpik is as good as gone... as a solid, physical defensive d-man, unfortunately there will be offers out there well above what's in the pens budget.

Malone will probably be back, unless someone offers him money he can't refuse elsewhere. He is from here, he is comfortable here, and is a leader in the clubhouse on a team that will compete for years to come... I just don't see him leaving for money alone.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Orpik is as good as gone... as a solid, physical defensive d-man, unfortunately there will be offers out there well above what's in the pens budget.

Malone will probably be back, unless someone offers him money he can't refuse elsewhere. He is from here, he is comfortable here, and is a leader in the clubhouse on a team that will compete for years to come... I just don't see him leaving for money alone.

yes orpik will be playing with staal ;)

and malone will be the winger for one of our centers ;)
  • Penguins Vs Redwings! this is going to be awesome. Personally for me the redwings are my second favorite team.
    This will be a great series. I hope it doesn't turn into a bunch of 1-0 games. With the offensive firepower on both teams i'd like to see some offense.

Let's go Pens!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Penguins Vs Redwings! this is going to be awesome. Personally for me the redwings are my second favorite team.
    This will be a great series. I hope it doesn't turn into a bunch of 1-0 games. With the offensive firepower on both teams i'd like to see some offense.

Let's go Pens!
    Theoretically the games should be pretty high scoring.
    Despite the fact that Pittsburgh's opponents to-date have been lackluster most of the time (expected a lot out of the Rags, didn't happen), I think their chances are pretty good.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Theoretically the games should be pretty high scoring.
    Despite the fact that Pittsburgh's opponents to-date have been lackluster most of the time (expected a lot out of the Rags, didn't happen), I think their chances are pretty good.

I agree. I haven't seen anything from the penguins that concerns me. But the red wings haven't really shown any flaws either. This really could go either way. No clear cut favorite to win in my eyes.
    But I still think the penguins will win. The first game is huge, They've never been down in a series yet and have never started on the road.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I agree. I haven't seen anything from the penguins that concerns me. But the red wings haven't really shown any flaws either. This really could go either way. No clear cut favorite to win in my eyes.
    But I still think the penguins will win. The first game is huge, They've never been down in a series yet and have never started on the road.
    I think I said last week that the games might be entirely decided on who makes the mistake first ;)
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170

I think Malone is LONG gone from Pittsburgh. There's a hometown discount, and then there's flat out getting paid. Pitt will not pay close to what he'll get elsewhere, especially with Staal and Malkin's deals on the horizon.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Stelly wrote:
    I think Malone is LONG gone from Pittsburgh. There's a hometown discount, and then there's flat out getting paid. Pitt will not pay close to what he'll get elsewhere, especially with Staal and Malkin's deals on the horizon.

Maybe you're right... But I think that if he does get a fat contract somewhere, he will be viewed as a bust. I like Malone a lot as a player, but to put up the stats that his new contract would suggest, he has to play with an great play-making center.

He is a beast on the PK, and has great hands in front of the net, but if he is counted on to generate offense, then he will struggle to put up good numbers.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    go pens:)
    Penguins, march of the penguins. This waiting is slowly killing me. In a good cant wait until saturday kind of way.

Lets go penguins.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    you ain't seen nothin' like the mighty guins
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    Two hours a way from game one.

Lets go penguins.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Two hours a way from game one.

Lets go penguins.
    Why is Pittsburgh not playing the legend gary roberts tonight ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • pjfan1223pjfan1223 Posts: 19
    Been a Penguins fan since I was a small tike. Definately remember the 91,92 championships. Can't stop the rolling train!! Penguins in five!
    Give me Pearl Jam or give me death!
  • That most certainly sucked. I wanted 1 out of 2 in detroit,so they have to win monday.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    kenshunt wrote:
    Why is Pittsburgh not playing the legend gary roberts tonight ?
    Well i guess they could have used him, Gill looked like a pylon last night.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well i guess they could have used him, Gill looked like a pylon last night.

Gill looked pretty bad, and I agree with you, Roberts has to be playing, he has so much heart, and that is what the penguins were missing last night. Oh well, it is only one game, they have to win tomorrow.
    I think they have to use the point more and quit worrying about taking it all the way in with their forwards. The wings D are too good for that. Take shots from the point and get some rebounds and deflections. They have to get some shots.
    Let's go Penguins.