Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    mookie9999 wrote:
    "You started it."

"We did not start it"

"Yes you did, you invaded Poland!"

Oh, fabulous, just fabulous. I thought you were American, how do you know this stuff?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    Oh, fabulous, just fabulous. I thought you were American, how do you know this stuff?

well it is a classic :D

i must admit i never 'got' fawlty towers... too slapstick for me... toy "the vicar is coming over and my bum is hanging out the main window and the dog is licking my pink sausage" kinda stuff :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    "You started it."

"We did not start it"

"Yes you did, you invaded Poland!"

Ahahahahaha :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    jamie uk wrote:

My knowledge of comedy holds no boundaries. At least that's what I thought until you brought up those Carry On specials ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • dunkman wrote:

i must admit i never 'got' fawlty towers... too slapstick for me... toy "the vicar is coming over and my bum is hanging out the main window and the dog is licking my pink sausage" kinda stuff :o

I would say it's inconsistent, but great in places. Kind of like your repertoire.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

dunkman wrote:

Eh? It is a classic, no mistake.
    "Basil, where are you going?" "I'm going to see Mr Oreilly dear....then I think I'll go to Canada".
    Classic.
    I would say it's inconsistent, but great in places. Kind of like your repertoire.

Or your bowel movements.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

did you just say french shit to me?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    mookie9999 wrote:
    My knowledge of comedy holds no boundaries. At least that's what I thought until you brought up those Carry On specials ;)
    So...expert eh? and we're drinking, well we are...so how about Derek & Clive ? You must know that stuff.....come to thnk of it, shit, some of that was the worst taste ever.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Eh? It is a classic, no mistake.
    "Basil, where are you going?" "I'm going to see Mr Oreilly dear....then I think I'll go to Canada".
    Classic.

its too ... ohhhh what could possiblt go wrong next... i hate it.. it makes me nervous watching it.... why doesnt he just tel people the staff are off.. why doesnt he phone the hospital about a dead guy in a room.... its completely far fetched and so doesnt suspend my disbelief... Red Dwarf on the other hand ;):D
  • dunkman wrote:
    did you just say french shit to me?

Oui... d'accord?

(Don't push me for anymore... I'm out.) :D

jamie uk wrote:
    So...expert eh? and we're drinking, well we are...so how about Derek & Clive ? You must know that stuff.....come to thnk of it, shit, some of that was the worst taste ever.

Seen bits of it. Not a huge Dudley Moore fan. But that has more to do with his later movies than anything.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I thought we were going to talk about floral arrangements and skincare products??? :(
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I thought we were going to talk about floral arrangements and skincare products??? :(

I think FailedPersephone was talking about something like that... :D

TrixieCat wrote:

You disappeared so we got lost. Although I hear that Dunkman shoved a couple of roses down the front of his Elvis costume and told all of his office mates to take a big whiff.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

TrixieCat wrote:

ohh yes.. lets!!!!

*claps hands in giddy wonderment*
  • dunkman wrote:
    ohh yes.. lets!!!!

*claps hands in giddy wonderment*

'I simply remember my favourite things... and then I don't feel.... so.. bad!'

mookie9999 wrote:
    Seen bits of it. Not a huge Dudley Moore fan. But that has more to do with his later movies than anything.

Listen to this, remember it was 1971 or something, they were big tv stars in the uk, and they did this for fun, it didn't get released officially for a few years....the whole album is just fantastic...if you like that sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRERndDP-Jc
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You disappeared so we got lost. Although I hear that Dunkman shoved a couple of roses down the front of his Elvis costume and told all of his office mates to take a big whiff.
    No, no, I am here. :)
    Just let's not talk about women, ok?
    Bros, not hoes. Dig?
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    dunkman wrote:
    its too ... ohhhh what could possiblt go wrong next... i hate it.. it makes me nervous watching it.... why doesnt he just tel people the staff are off.. why doesnt he phone the hospital about a dead guy in a room.... its completely far fetched and so doesnt suspend my disbelief... Red Dwarf on the other hand ;):D

I hear you. My bread knife is the same.
    I enjoy it though...Frank Spencer was ok too.
    Red Dwarf, I saw the very first ones, and enjoyed it for some years, but it went on and became territory that needed commitment, and got it, from people who should have been.
    I once saw the girl that became Holly, doing stand up in a club, she was quite funny.
    mookie9999 wrote:

well i need a good prick down there :)

thorns are a bugger to remove... a bit like michael jackson's skin tone
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Bros, not hoes. Dig?

Oh, where the hell did you sneak off to?
    Nice to see you back.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Listen to this, remember it was 1971 or something, they were big tv stars in the uk, and they did this for fun, it didn't get released officially for a few years....the whole album is just fantastic...if you like that sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRERndDP-Jc

"The lobsters didn't say 'we have the upper hand'" :D That was funny. Shit. Now I'll be listening to more of this for the next couple of hours instead of doing what I should be!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• not yet...but I have some Gin waiting for me at home...

YAY! for GIN!!! it's the bestest holiday drinkie ever!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Bros, not hoes. Dig?

No need to talks about the ladies. I dig where you're comin' from. Bros it is. What it is slim? Bro's it is.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    "The lobsters didn't say 'we have the upper hand'" :D That was funny. Shit. Now I'll be listening to more of this for the next couple of hours instead of doing what I should be!

"Peter Cook is the funniest man to ever draw breath", that's according to Stephen Fry who is also pretty funny.
    Try this one...caution, lots of swears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU
    jamie uk wrote:
    "Peter Cook is the funniest man to ever draw breath", that's according to Stephen Fry who is also pretty funny.
    Try this one...caution, lots of swears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTifRi3qDkU

That really was great! He has the fucking audacity to come back with "ugguglluggu". :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

i'm off to smother myself in sleep dust people...

nighty night :)
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm off to smother myself in sleep dust people...

nighty night :)

For fucks sake it's about time! Didn't know how much longer I could stomach you.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    That really was great! He has the fucking audacity to come back with "ugguglluggu". :D
    Aaah, sir I have worshipped at the alter of Derek & Clive for years, it is a hilarious and tragic story. When they were just Pete & Dud they killed mind you, without swearing.
    Watch this when you have time...classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emfq1I11BAc