Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I love how they stare at a case as if they will acquire see through vision at that moment and pick the winner! I'm not sure if you are serioius about Howie Mandell or not, but I saw him do stand-up about 12 years ago and was stunned just how funny he was. Maybe he was just on that night because I've seen some of his specials which tend to be crap, but the man has some great improv skills.
    No, I mean, physically, I couldn't believe that was him.
    I love him bald.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    TrixieCat wrote:
    How can that be funny....:(

Alright, subject change:
    The primary colors: what??

He's not joking about the man being beaten (in the sense that that action was funny). He's joking about the size of the officer's cahones for what they said in court.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No, I mean, physically, I couldn't believe that was him.
    I love him bald.

To me, Howie's just not Howie without the jheri curl! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    He's not joking about the man being beaten (in the sense that that action was funny). He's joking about the size of the officer's cahones for what they said in court.
    :o
    sorry
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You need to listen to all that's out there. His musings on the Rodney King beating makes me ache from laughter!

i love Hicks... but you know that Lenny Bruce might be my favourite US comedian on that edgy genre... broke the mould that guy
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ooooh, I'm not sure about the beer. OK, you got me with the warm weather, you know I'm a sucker for it, it's cos I'm descended from pirates of the Carribean, or Meditteranian apparently....

Trust me, the beer is excellent. :D And I don't even like beer! ;)

Yeah, tis all that pirating that went on round the Welsh coast James. All those spanish heathens come to rape and pillage! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    dunkman wrote:
    i love Hicks... but you know that Lenny Bruce might be my favourite US comedian on that edgy genre... broke the mould that guy

Bruce is hands down the originator of stand-up as Americans know it today. His insistance to be arrested for his material rather than be censored is incredible! Plus he was very funny. With that being said, most of his material is too outdated for me to enjoy as much as Carlin or Hicks.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

TrixieCat wrote:
    :o
    sorry

No worries. Without the knowledge of the bit how could you know what it was about?

Edited to avoid offending any further.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    mookie9999 wrote:
    No worries. Without the knowledge of the bit how could you know what it was about? I'm just glad I didn't bring up his bit on the holocaust. ;)

Woah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing doing there laugh wise, irony or not. Let's move on.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Woah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing doing there laugh wise, irony or not. Let's move on.

I would probably laugh if someone did an axe in Hitler's head joke.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison

See how quiet it is all of a sudden?
    Bad topic to mention, very bad topic, worse than poitics for pub talk, really about the worst one.

I heard Heather Mills McCartney was a Nazi... took her until the Third Hike to climb a hill in Germany.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Bad topic to mention, very bad topic, worse than poitics for pub talk, really about the worst one.

*tumbleweed*

You can almost hear a deutschmark drop..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

jamie uk wrote:

There's plenty of bad examples of jokes that shouldn't be made. Plenty of words that shouldn't be said. Plenty of a lot of things. To those I offended I am sorry. It was not to make light of the Holocaust. Please resume your drinking thread.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    There's plenty of bad examples of jokes that shouldn't be made. Plenty of words that shouldn't be said. Plenty of a lot of things. To those I offended I am sorry. It was not to make light of the Holocaust. Please resume your drinking thread.

i wouldn't worry... i truly believe that no topic is sacrosanct in the world of comedy... well except me and the entire Scottish nation :)
    dunkman wrote:
    i wouldn't worry... i truly believe that no topic is sacrosanct in the world of comedy... well except me and the entire Scottish nation :)
    I agree with you. But most don't feel that way. It also doesn't mean I'm exempt from manning up and apologizing if it appears I offended somebody.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:

Wasn't a judgement on you my friend, don't be offended.
    Hicks was a controversial guy, no? We were talking about him, so fair enough. I have this German friend, he lived nearby for a while, and one night some fucker mentioned it in the pub......what a fucking bad scene that was, one to forget I can tell you.
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Aw...jamie was just sayin....
    I wasnt offended mookie. I just didn't know what you were talking about.
    I know how sensitive you are about how sensitive people are...;)
    jamie uk wrote:
    Hicks was a controversial guy, no? We were talking about him, so fair enough. I have this German friend, he lived nearby for a while, and one night some fucker mentioned it in the pub......what a fucking bad scene that was, one to forget I can tell you.

I'm not offended. To my knowledge Hicks doesn't even have a Holocaust routine. There, in it's audacity, was the joke. But I'm ready to move on. How about everyone else?
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    I'm not offended. To my knowledge Hicks doesn't even have a Holocaust routine. There, in it's audacity, was the joke. But I'm ready to move on. How about everyone else?

I'm ready... should I ask around?

jamie uk wrote:

but the 'focker' probably mentioned it out of spite and and did the usual hooligan thing of the holocaust and nazi thing being a joke.. which it isnt.. but Hicks had more nous than the average guy in the pub.. controversial he was, but i think his views are quite libertarian in the scheme of things.. he hated war, guns, death sentences, authoritarianism and homophobia... great guy in my book
    I'm ready... should I ask around?

If you don't mind. Could we have a poll? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

if this thread gets all PC then i'm outta here... we're here to have a laugh and get on folks... :)
  • dunkman wrote:
    if this thread gets all PC then i'm outta here... we're here to have a laugh and get on folks... :)

To be honest, all it takes to get appropriate humour out of a very dark subject is a bit of intelligence.

dunkman wrote:

As soon as the drinks start flowing it will be impossible to remain pc! Speaking of which. I don't even drink! WTF am I doing in this thread anyways?!?!? :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    If you don't mind. Could we have a poll? ;)

OK, but what shall we call it so that we'll get the widest possible audience? (Don't mention the war!)

• mookie9999 wrote:
    As soon as the drinks start flowing it will be impossible to remain pc! Speaking of which. I don't even drink! WTF am I doing in this thread anyways?!?!? :D

I'm totally sober, funnily enough, so you won't be on your own.

To be honest, all it takes to get appropriate humour out of a very dark subject is a bit of intelligence.

aw well.. maybe you could aspire to that one day :)
    dunkman wrote:
    but the 'focker' probably mentioned it out of spite and and did the usual hooligan thing of the holocaust and nazi thing being a joke.. which it isnt.. but Hicks had more nous than the average guy in the pub.. controversial he was, but i think his views are quite libertarian in the scheme of things.. he hated war, guns, death sentences, authoritarianism and homophobia... great guy in my book

You're correct.
    I also remember the routine I heard was going on about the 1st Gulf war, he was very against it..."the elite republican guard in Iraq is the 3rd biggest army...what they didn't tell us was that after the top 2...there's a big fuckin drop off..."
    I got that he's anti war from what I heard.
    And stop being so bloody smart Dunk, you're throwing me.
    OK, but what shall we call it so that we'll get the widest possible audience? (Don't mention the war!)

"You started it."

"We did not start it"

"Yes you did, you invaded Poland!"
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"