Options

Is NO ONE else drinking tonight??

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm still on disc2 of "amazing Journey - The Who" having watched the re-mastered Led Zep dvd and all of the Oasis dvd (oasis are my guilty pleasure... i think Noel to be one of the funniest people in the immediate vicinity of stalking)

so yeah.. i've still to watch it :(
    I fucking LOVE Noel Gallagher :) I don't even like Oasis, he's just so funny. He gives the best interviews ever. This is my person favourite. Noel on The Smiths.

"Even fucking Johnny Marr can't play what Johnny Marr plays" :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MsuoNJQ3U

oh yeah, not I'm not drinking tonight. Recoving.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    Oasis dvd (oasis are my guilty pleasure... i think Noel to be one of the funniest people in the immediate vicinity of stalking) :(

Oh my. I'd never have thought it.....Noel, funny? what funny, awkward, or funny ha ha?
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    monster95monster95 Posts: 127
    jamie uk wrote:
    Notice Dunk suddenly goes quiet.?...heeheee.
    must be scottish..is he? hahaha
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i bought it.. and i'll tell you why.

simply on the basis of its trailer from http://www.play.com.. i watched a 3 minute trailer and just thought.. " i need to see 4mins"

there is something about Nordic culture that i adore... its ikea-tastic

There's something about Icelandic culture which fascinates me.. So steeped in creativity; music; viking poetry; art.... During the DVD, the bassist (I think) makes a joke that in Iceland, you're weird if you are not creative. Like you are laughed at if you're not writing a novel. I just think that is beautiful.. and so poles apart from this stupid isle.

I read my local rag this morning and the front page headline was 'DISPAIRING FAMILY'. I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? THE FRONT PAGE?? 'DISPAIRING'?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I fucking LOVE Noel Gallagher :) I don't even like Oasis, he's just so funny. He gives the best interviews ever. This is my person favourite. Noel on The Smiths.

"Even fucking Johnny Marr can't play what Johnny Marr plays" :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MsuoNJQ3U

oh yeah, not I'm not drinking tonight. Recoving.

recoving? what a shit job to be doing on a sat night... throw in some artexing and i'd slit my wrists ;)

but Noel.. he's genuinely funny... Russell Brand has advised him to be a comedian as his timing is impeccable.. he can hold a crowd which is vital in comedy.. i, unashamedly, think the guy is awesome :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    monster95 wrote:
    must be scottish..is he? hahaha

Yesh, he ish.
  • Options
    There's something about Icelandic culture which fascinates me.. So steeped in creativity; music; viking poetry; art.... During the DVD, the bassist (I think) makes a joke that in Iceland, you're weird if you are not creative. Like you are laughed at if you're not writing a novel. I just think that is beautiful.. and so poles apart from this stupid isle.

i went to Norway last year... went to a town half the size of mine (which is a pretty lovely looking town actually) and it was breattaking... Stavanger it was called... i loved it.. wee wooden houses and it had a modern art museum and all with a population of 13000.. Burger King staff can speak 16 languages... thats how fucking smart they were.. not smart to not be working in Burger King right enough.. i can only presume that your typical Norwegian postie can speak 25 languages and can also balance the economics of Kenya in his spare time ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    recoving? what a shit job to be doing on a sat night... throw in some artexing and i'd slit my wrists ;)

but Noel.. he's genuinely funny... Russell Brand has advised him to be a comedian as his timing is impeccable.. he can hold a crowd which is vital in comedy.. i, unashamedly, think the guy is awesome :)

Tis cool to be unashamed of what or whom you like.
    I find him a bit of a prick personally, not like prick on the scale of say...Robbie Williams. But a bit of a self congratulater all the same. His brother, though, is off the prick scale.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i went to Norway last year... went to a town half the size of mine (which is a pretty lovely looking town actually) and it was breattaking... Stavanger it was called... i loved it.. wee wooden houses and it had a modern art museum and all with a population of 13000.. Burger King staff can speak 16 languages... thats how fucking smart they were.. not smart to not be working in Burger King right enough.. i can only presume that your typical Norwegian postie can speak 25 languages and can also balance the economics of Kenya in his spare time ;)

I really HAVE to go to Iceland, seriously. I will go in the next three years.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I find him a bit of a prick personally, not like prick on the scale of say...Robbie Williams. But a bit of a self congratulater all the same. His brother, though, is off the prick scale.
    I agree but Noel's self-congratulation is good natured and amusing whereas Liam is a tosser. Noel has the intelligence to back it up and the most hilarious was of presenting himself.

Besides, didn't he once say The Beatles were the Oasis of the 60s? Best. Thing. Ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Well, they have to find something to do in all that fuckin darkness. Reading by candle light is about all that's on offer, maybe that's why they're so smart, and in the case of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer..such wonderful finishers on a football field.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Firstly, if you'd woken up feeling like I did this morning, you'd take a day off to recover as well :p

secondly, I agree. He is just a genuinely hilarious man. I would watch a Noel Gallagher stand-up show, even if all he did was talk about how good he is :D Russell Brand himself is a fantastic comedian.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I agree but Noel's self-congratulation is good natured and amusing whereas Liam is a tosser. Noel has the intelligence to back it up and the most hilarious was of presenting himself.

Besides, didn't he once say The Beatles were the Oasis of the 60s? Best. Thing. Ever.
    See, I've no big beef with Noel, he doesn't really exist in 'my world'. But, the Beatles thing.....I mean, is he serious? Maybe he isn't, maybe I got him wrong...it's like when the spice girls said "if the Beatles were bigger than Jesus, we are bigger than Buddah"...like, what the fuck were they on about? It's bullshit.....oh, and Westlife have had more number ones than them apparently.......
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

i question your judgement amigo.. after all you went all hippy on me and said you wouldnt punch Mick Hucknall on the face cos of how he looked... thats a hippy statement!!!!

the women like that shit? :D;)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    ikea-tastic

brilliant dunk.....:D:D:D
  • Options
    OK, shall I tell you what just fucking gets to me??

The piano on the end section of Sigur Ros' 'Saeglopur'. It's just breathtaking.

• Options
    I really HAVE to go to Iceland, seriously. I will go in the next three years.

me too mate.. if you've got no-one to go with then give me ashout as Mrs dunk think its looks fucking awful :D so i'll either go with you or on my own.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Firstly, if you'd woken up feeling like I did this morning, you'd take a day off to recover as well :p

secondly, I agree. He is just a genuinely hilarious man. I would watch a Noel Gallagher stand-up show, even if all he did was talk about how good he is :D Russell Brand himself is a fantastic comedian.

Ahem...'this morning'? Don't you mean this afternoon...tea time nearly wasn't it?
    I wouldn't watch anyone saying how good they were for any length of time. Fair enough, make the point, be confident...but don't carry on about it. I've never heard Neil Young or Robert Plant bang on about how great they are.
    And, yes Russel Brand is hilarious.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    me too mate.. if you've got no-one to go with then give me ashout as Mrs dunk think its looks fucking awful :D so i'll either go with you or on my own.

That's a bloody good plan mate.

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    OK, shall I tell you what just fucking gets to me??

The piano on the end section of Sigur Ros' 'Saeglopur'. It's just breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBTH2E5QPEE
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    what happened to the original drinking thread????? what i miss! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    See, I've no big beef with Noel, he doesn't really exist in 'my world'. But, the Beatles thing.....I mean, is he serious? Maybe he isn't, maybe I got him wrong...it's like when the spice girls said "if the Beatles were bigger than Jesus, we are bigger than Buddah"...like, what the fuck were they on about? It's bullshit.....oh, and Westlife have had more number ones than them apparently.......

charts mean fuck all.. otherwise we'd all be on the Take That forum slating PJ.

he's since said the Beatles thing was a joke.. he's one of my heroes,lets leave it at that... one of my "i'd let him bum me for 10 million quid " guys... him, De Niro and Vedder :o
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    ikea-tastic

brilliant dunk.....:D:D:D

since this is the drinking thread " i love thee matey"

:):D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i question your judgement amigo.. after all you went all hippy on me and said you wouldnt punch Mick Hucknall on the face cos of how he looked... thats a hippy statement!!!!

the women like that shit? :D;)

Yes, grasshopper. But my (slight) dislike of Noel, or mighty dislike of Robbie and Liam has zero to do with their looks....man! They just blab too much....too much blab, not enough talent...man. They like freak me out.

Hey...you kiss your mother with that mouth?
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    what happened to the original drinking thread????? what i miss! :eek:

I got drunk again.. and started ANOTHER drinking thread!!!

I am SO post-modern.

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I got drunk again.. and started ANOTHER drinking thread!!!

I am SO post-modern.

interesting. so EVERYTIME u get hammmmerred youre gonna start a new thread? i cant WAIT!!! :D what are u drinking at the moment?
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    charts mean fuck all.. otherwise we'd all be on the Take That forum slating PJ.

he's since said the Beatles thing was a joke.. he's one of my heroes,lets leave it at that... one of my "i'd let him bum me for 10 million quid " guys... him, De Niro and Vedder :o

Fair enough, don't forget, I never said I hated him, just don't happen to get a sun tan when he bends over in front of me.
    And...I'm not sure anyone's on my list, but, 10 million quid is a lot of money..........hmmmm.
  • Options

That is an incredible video isn't it. All the way through I was fighting back tears.. No, I mean, I was wondering 'How did they MAKE that video??'

But it seems that every time a Sigur Ros video is played, a child dies. This one, and at least two others I've seen. :o

• Options
    That is an incredible video isn't it. All the way through I was fighting back tears.. No, I mean, I was wondering 'How did they MAKE that video??'

But it seems that every time a Sigur Ros video is played, a child dies. This one, and at least two others I've seen. :o

that reminds me of someones signature on here.. i cant remember who but h'e scottish!

Bono: every time i click my fingers a child in Africa dies

scots fan: well stop fucking doing it then!
  • Options

That's because they want to make you fucking WEEP Mark :)