Options

Is NO ONE else drinking tonight??

Comments

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'm very flexible with most things my man, spesh music. This track is building nicely, I kinda get it...where are they from?

Iceland.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'm very flexible with most things my man, spesh music. This track is building nicely, I kinda get it...where are they from?
    Iceland. Not the supermarket.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    dunkman wrote:
    p.s. i'm kinda drunk... so i'll come out with bollocks i dont mean.. i.e. jamie and mark are lovely blokes and i dont want to have a 3some with Angelina and oh fuck .. who cares, anyone else :D
    Isn't it your wife's birthday?????
    ;)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jamie uk wrote:
    I just listening to it on youtube....on first listen it's almost like a lullaby, I'll need more time with it.

in my ears they are like an Icelandic radiohead... which makes them sound kinda shit.. i.e.

" its an Icelandic Ferrari.. "

"what you mean is its shit"

but no... they strike somewhere visceral and just leave it ringing... its very emotive and very beautiful music.. a soundtrack to life, equality and fraternity.. i may have stole that last bit :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Isn't it your wife's birthday?????
    ;)

yeah it was yesterday... ok she can join in also :rolleyes: it is her birthday i suppose.

for mine i'll get a kick in the nuts and an anvil in the face.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I liked reading your posts guys...like I knew you...
    nice to think about you over there so far away... PJ hold us together!

want a beer too!

goonight
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Iceland. Not the supermarket.

As soon as my mum heard them she ran off to Iceland to buy a copy.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    dunkman wrote:
    in my ears they are like an Icelandic radiohead... which makes them sound kinda shit.. i.e.

" its an Icelandic Ferrari.. "

"what you mean is its shit"

but no... they strike somewhere visceral and just leave it ringing... its very emotive and very beautiful music.. a soundtrack to life, equality and fraternity.. i may have stole that last bit :o
    And if you're drunk it makes you cry :(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    And if you're drunk it makes you cry :(

Actually although I think all of their music is beautiful, Agaetis Byrjun was the first album which I actually properly sobbed in front of.

I'm not sure if I should've told you all that. :o

• Options
    crishine79 wrote:

want a beer too!

goonight

yes please...

goonight??? i attended a bukkake once... great fun it was... my wife thought different :confused:
  • Options
    Actually although I think all of their music is beautiful, Agaetis Byrjun was the first album which I actually properly sobbed in front of.

I'm not sure if I should've told you all that. :o
    They don't make me feel that way. The music is so beautiful that i find them to be uplifting. But I suppose as there are minimal/forgien/made up lyrics, you can make the songs mean whatever you want them to.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    im drrrinking my family

id like to taste everyone who i see
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Options
    you guys need to check out Midlake - Trials of Van Occupanther out... its immensely beautiful and can make you attain goose pimple status.. and that can only be a good thing... like saving orphans and the such-like.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    yes please...

goonight??? i attended a bukkake once... great fun it was... my wife thought different :confused:

Ooops, you admitted to something there matey....you've got egg on your face now!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    YOU think your wife thought different, but she thinks exactly what I'm thinking right now...

bye bye...
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    They don't make me feel that way. The music is so beautiful that i find them to be uplifting. But I suppose as there are minimal/forgien/made up lyrics, you can make the songs mean whatever you want them to.

Don't get me wrong I don't find them depressing at all... They make me recall all of the most amazing memories of my life... When I listen to Sigur Ros it's like all the most joyous past experiences of my life are close enough to touch. And yeah, sometimes that brings tears... But not depressive ones. It's melancholical music, with love, loss, pain, beauty and joy all encapsulated.

(I didn't get that music critic job :D)

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    you guys need to check out Midlake - Trials of Van Occupanther out... its immensely beautiful and can make you attain goose pimple status.. and that can only be a good thing... like saving orphans and the such-like.

I concur everyone. He's converted me.

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Don't get me wrong I don't find them depressing at all... They make me recall all of the most amazing memories of my life... When I listen to Sigur Ros it's like all the most joyous past experiences of my life are close enough to touch. And yeah, sometimes that brings tears... But not depressive ones. It's melancholical music, with love, loss, pain, beauty and joy all encapsulated.

(I didn't get that music critic job :D)
    I didn't say it made me sad.
    I said it made me cry...
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    crishine79 wrote:
    YOU think your wife thought different, but she thinks exactly what I'm thinking right now...

bye bye...

pizza?
  • Options
    I didn't say it made me sad.
    I said it made me cry...

I was answering Dave's comment that Sigur Ros are not depressing. I agree with you, and that's what I've just argued. :)

• Options
    monster95monster95 Posts: 127
    rightyho...the irish is here...who's round is it?
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Options
    I was answering Dave's comment that Sigur Ros are not depressing. I agree with you, and that's what I've just argued. :)
    Ah, tears not of sadness. I'm with you now. Been there with a few things, but not yet Sigur Ros.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    monster95 wrote:

Notice Dunk suddenly goes quiet.?...heeheee.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Ah, tears not of sadness. I'm with you now. Been there with a few things, but not yet Sigur Ros.

It's only a matter of time mate.. Been listening to them now for a good six months. Not until last night has it grabbed me by the nuts and made me bawl my fuckin eyes out for a good hour. :D (But the cider helped.)

• Options
    monster95 wrote:

certainly not mine... i;m Scottish :)
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time mate.. Been listening to them now for a good six months. Not until last night has it grabbed me by the nuts and made me bawl my fuckin eyes out for a good hour. :D (But the cider helped.)

*remembers never to PM mark again*

ooooooohhhhhh... scary :D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    certainly not mine... i;m Scottish :)

MATE I forgot to fucking ASK YOU! How was 'HEIMA'??

• Options
    MATE I forgot to fucking ASK YOU! How was 'HEIMA'??

i'm still on disc2 of "amazing Journey - The Who" having watched the re-mastered Led Zep dvd and all of the Oasis dvd (oasis are my guilty pleasure... i think Noel to be one of the funniest people in the immediate vicinity of stalking)

so yeah.. i've still to watch it :(
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm still on disc2 of "amazing Journey - The Who" having watched the re-mastered Led Zep dvd and all of the Oasis dvd (oasis are my guilty pleasure... i think Noel to be one of the funniest people in the immediate vicinity of stalking)

so yeah.. i've still to watch it :(

Aaaaaaaaaarfrrrrggggghhhhh.... That was NOT the answer I was hoping for. :mad:

• Options
    Aaaaaaaaaarfrrrrggggghhhhh.... That was NOT the answer I was hoping for. :mad:

i bought it.. and i'll tell you why.

simply on the basis of its trailer from http://www.play.com.. i watched a 3 minute trailer and just thought.. " i need to see 4mins"

there is something about Nordic culture that i adore... its ikea-tastic