Options

Would you send in a player in to intentionally hurt Tom Brady?

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Let's stop talking about the Pats, I think the NE fans have clouded judgement.

Since when Is a 30-40 point lead not enough in the 3rd or 4th quarter?

If you think it's enough, most respectable coaches will try to eat up the clock with a running game and ball control offense. IF 4th down comes and they are in range they will still attempt a FG. Most respectable coaches won't go for it on fourth down and continue passing for the entire game.

At least this is how it has been in all my 42 years of being a football fan.

And I believe quite the opposite to be true. In professional sports you don't run the score up, YOU DO run the score up in High School and College for whatever reason...if given the chance.

You are correct about HS/college and amateur league games however you've it wrong when it comes to pro sports unless this is your personal rule.

Do you recall the Patriots-Miami earlier this year? Pats crushing in comes back up, Miami comes within 12 I think and in comes Brady to finish the game. They're lessons to be learned when a team takes OFF the peddle to the meddal attitude like taking a knee or kicking fgs or any of that nonsense.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    No you don't stop swinging the bats...but you also don't , steal bases, bunt runners in sacrifice, or try to steal signs from the catcher. That would be rubbing it in.

You don't stop playing when you have a lead, you just don't continue to play like you would if the score is close.

If you steal a base when you're up by 10 runs, you're gonna get a fastball in your face when you come back up to bat.

Deny that

What did you EVER play baseball on a HS or college level? If your referring to a 10 run lead in the 5th inning and then you're supposed to TRY and play like the score is close. Huh, it's baseball you're talking about you can score 10 runs in a inning, there's not going to be one pro baseball team that's not going to steal just because you're up 10 in the 5th.

I played HS/college 1 yr then many years in A League Softball. I one particular game I'll never forget.....We were crushing this team 17-3 in the 4th and team decided to ease up, maybe not consciously but in our play and attitude. We got very sloppy in the 5th and I warned them this is a solid team and they ain't gonna lay down lightly. Well, sure enough they came back....all the way back and took the lead 20-17. We ended up in a bitter 26-26 tie, called due to elongated time limits.

Luckily that was early in the year our 4th game of 24 and as our team captain we never ever eased up after that ugly episode. We were put in our place and learned a very ugly lesson.

I think the Pats are going through something like that whether you agree with it or not but there's a method to the madness.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    What did you EVER play baseball on a HS or college level? If your referring to a 10 run lead in the 5th inning and then you're supposed to TRY and play like the score is close. Huh, it's baseball you're talking about you can score 10 runs in a inning, there's not going to be one pro baseball team that's not going to steal just because you're up 10 in the 5th.

I played HS/college 1 yr then many years in A League Softball. I one particular game I'll never forget.....We were crushing this team 17-3 in the 4th and team decided to ease up, maybe not consciously but in our play and attitude. We got very sloppy in the 5th and I warned them this is a solid team and they ain't gonna lay down lightly. Well, sure enough they came back....all the way back and took the lead 20-17. We ended up in a bitter 26-26 tie, called due to elongated time limits.

Luckily that was early in the year our 4th game of 24 and as our team captain we never ever eased up after that ugly episode. We were put in our place and learned a very ugly lesson.

I think the Pats are going through something like that whether you agree with it or not but there's a method to the madness.

Peace

Softball....I was on a softball team that hit 11 HRs in a game by the third inning we had launched all the tournament balls into the woods beyond the outfield they had to delay and then finally call the game because we ran out of official balls.

When we went to state (IL 1993 Class A) we had to change our game because each team was only allowed to hit only 4 HRs (out of the park) MSSSA rules at the time. We had three guys that regularly hit 4 per game and everyone else hit double figures in HRs during the season. A 10 run lead is nothing in softball just don't be down by 10 in the 5th inning.

But it's a rare occasion a MLB team scores 10 runs even in an entire game..so you still shouldn't steal a base with such a lead.
    the Minions
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,421
    I hope the Giants are the ones to stop the winning streak on the last game of the season. Too bad the game is gonna be on the NFL network and most people won't be able to watch it.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Softball....I was on a softball team that hit 11 HRs in a game by the third inning we had launched all the tournament balls into the woods beyond the outfield they had to delay and then finally call the game because we ran out of official balls.

When we went to state (IL 1993 Class A) we had to change our game because each team was only allowed to hit only 4 HRs (out of the park) MSSSA rules at the time. We had three guys that regularly hit 4 per game and everyone else hit double figures in HRs during the season. A 10 run lead is nothing in softball just don't be down by 10 in the 5th inning.

But it's a rare occasion a MLB team scores 10 runs even in an entire game..so you still shouldn't steal a base with such a lead.

I think I very well know that scenario in softball I believe when I gave you your instance of a 10 run lead in the the 5th I was referring to baseball. If you believe that statement well then take it any pro team and listen hard as to what they will tell you.

There's no crying in baseball they will continue to play hard that early in the game including stealing based on the scene you've stated.

Peace

• Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    I hope the Giants are the ones to stop the winning streak on the last game of the season. Too bad the game is gonna be on the NFL network and most people won't be able to watch it.

i'll be at that game...

if the pats are 15-0, i guarentee the pats come out firing and the game will be over by the middle of the 3rd quarter. eli will be flustered and wont know what to do with adalius thomas rushing at his grill.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    Going on it on 4th down with a 40+ point lead in the 4th is running up the score.

says who? the media? or the teams that are losing? the teams that are losing aren't saying a thing about the Pats....they're trying to figure out how to stop them. They get 4 chances to stop them from going 10 yards...if they can't do it, shame on them. Put a better team on the field. Tell me something...if you were on the field, up 40 points in the 4th, 4th down, what would you do? kneel on it...because you feel bad??? or better yet? you recover a fumble, 10 yards out...what do you do? "nah, we already have enough points, I'm not going to run it in for a TD". please....you'd play football, you'd go for it. you'd be out there to put points on the board, not to be nice.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Ummm.....

So what do you do when your team sucks for 20+ years???

Gardening?

I'm a sports fan, and there's always room on the wagon with you and all the other hypocrites that toss this argument around.

well I live in Philly area so my teams mostly suck - but I don't go cheer for someone else. I live and die with them and when one of them finally breaks through and wins us a championship I'm gonna cry like a baby and party like it's New Years.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Troy Polamalu will hurt Tom Brady, but not on purpose. Watch out for the Safety Blitz Tom!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    In order to address the complaints and hurt feelings of the rest of the NFL, the commissioner has adopted 11 new “Special Rules” for all New England Patriots games. They take effect immediately, and are as follows:

Special Rules for the Patriots

1) In the course of an NFL game, if the Patriots go up by more than 31 points, they are not allowed to play offense until the opposing team draws to within one score. (Pats will kick-off after an opposing team's touchdown or FG).

a) Once the team is within one score, the Pats offense may play, but Tom Brady may not, unless:

i) the Pats play with 8 players (including Tom), or

ii) the Pats play with 9 players, but 1 player for the Patriots is chosen by the opposing team from the stands.

b) no Patriots linebacker is allowed to play offense, unless that LB is inserted at quarterback. However, Mike Vrabel cannot be quarterback.

2) If an opposing player states "It's like were playing 7-on-5s" (7 offense, 5 defense during practice), such as indicated by Justin Smith, DE, Cincinnati Bengels 10/1/07, the Patriots must take a time out and serve ice cold lemonade or hot tea (weather dependent) to the opposing team. Scones are optional.

3) Once the 31 pt rule is in effect, Patriots may challenge any play, but the opposing team gets veto power over the referee.

4) Once the Pats offense is allowed back onto the field (7 pts), for any forward pass the Pats QB must point to the receiver and call out his number BEFORE passing. If Tom Brady is quarterbacking at the time, he must do that, plus turn the opposing team's water cooler into wine BEFORE passing.

5) Belichick must diagram any Patriots play to the opposing defense and ensure they understand exactly how to disrupt the play. This all must be done within the play clock. If this process is not complete prior to the play clock expiring, the Patriots will be assessed a delay of game and double unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

6) Randy Moss must play with 10lb ankle weights on each ankle. An additional pound will be added for each TD this season.

7) Wes Welker is not allowed to have "that crazy look" in his eyes. 10 yd, "crazy eyes" penalty assessed.

8) Tom Brady must immediately stop dating supermodels as he will not be allowed to date anyone that is more attractive then the least attractive significant other of an opposing team member (including coaches). He also must start doing commercials for every product imaginable, especially ones where he chants "cut that meat!" or refers to himself "as a 6'5" quarterback with a laser-rocket arm"

9) Bill Belichick is not allowed to be within 100 yds of any infant, for fear that his evil supergenius powers would assimilate such a defenseless creature into the Patriots System. We have already seen this effect on an inordinate amount of chipmunks, squirrels, and 'possum that commit suicide while crossing Rte 1 to reach Gillette Stadium.

10) Patriots must respect all opposing players feelings and apologize for every first down. Touchdowns must be followed by a written apology and a fruit basket presented with a hug.

11) Any Patriots defensive player rushing and within 5 yards of the opposing team's quarterback must dance and sing two verses of the hokey pokey before making contact with said quarterback.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    from today's boston.com:

Belichick also explained why he went for it on fourth down twice in the third quarter. The first time was on the opening drive of the second half and resulted in a Benjamin Watson 3-yard touchdown catch that gave the Patriots a 42-7 lead. The second time was on fourth and 1 from the Bills' 10 late in the third quarter with New England holding a 42-10 advantage.

"Those situations, that point in the game I think I really don't like kicking field goals," said Belichick. "I feel like that's just adding points, so I'd rather go for it on fourth down and give them an opportunity to stop us. Our offense moved the ball well, so give them an opportunity to keep playing."
  • Options
    Danimal wrote:
    In order to address the complaints and hurt feelings of the rest of the NFL, the commissioner has adopted 11 new “Special Rules” for all New England Patriots games. They take effect immediately, and are as follows:

Special Rules for the Patriots

1) In the course of an NFL game, if the Patriots go up by more than 31 points, they are not allowed to play offense until the opposing team draws to within one score. (Pats will kick-off after an opposing team's touchdown or FG).

a) Once the team is within one score, the Pats offense may play, but Tom Brady may not, unless:

i) the Pats play with 8 players (including Tom), or

ii) the Pats play with 9 players, but 1 player for the Patriots is chosen by the opposing team from the stands.

b) no Patriots linebacker is allowed to play offense, unless that LB is inserted at quarterback. However, Mike Vrabel cannot be quarterback.

2) If an opposing player states "It's like were playing 7-on-5s" (7 offense, 5 defense during practice), such as indicated by Justin Smith, DE, Cincinnati Bengels 10/1/07, the Patriots must take a time out and serve ice cold lemonade or hot tea (weather dependent) to the opposing team. Scones are optional.

3) Once the 31 pt rule is in effect, Patriots may challenge any play, but the opposing team gets veto power over the referee.

4) Once the Pats offense is allowed back onto the field (7 pts), for any forward pass the Pats QB must point to the receiver and call out his number BEFORE passing. If Tom Brady is quarterbacking at the time, he must do that, plus turn the opposing team's water cooler into wine BEFORE passing.

5) Belichick must diagram any Patriots play to the opposing defense and ensure they understand exactly how to disrupt the play. This all must be done within the play clock. If this process is not complete prior to the play clock expiring, the Patriots will be assessed a delay of game and double unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

6) Randy Moss must play with 10lb ankle weights on each ankle. An additional pound will be added for each TD this season.

7) Wes Welker is not allowed to have "that crazy look" in his eyes. 10 yd, "crazy eyes" penalty assessed.

8) Tom Brady must immediately stop dating supermodels as he will not be allowed to date anyone that is more attractive then the least attractive significant other of an opposing team member (including coaches). He also must start doing commercials for every product imaginable, especially ones where he chants "cut that meat!" or refers to himself "as a 6'5" quarterback with a laser-rocket arm"

9) Bill Belichick is not allowed to be within 100 yds of any infant, for fear that his evil supergenius powers would assimilate such a defenseless creature into the Patriots System. We have already seen this effect on an inordinate amount of chipmunks, squirrels, and 'possum that commit suicide while crossing Rte 1 to reach Gillette Stadium.

10) Patriots must respect all opposing players feelings and apologize for every first down. Touchdowns must be followed by a written apology and a fruit basket presented with a hug.

11) Any Patriots defensive player rushing and within 5 yards of the opposing team's quarterback must dance and sing two verses of the hokey pokey before making contact with said quarterback.

BRILLIANT! and FUNNY :D

Peace

• Options
    JSBE wrote:
    from today's boston.com:

Belichick also explained why he went for it on fourth down twice in the third quarter. The first time was on the opening drive of the second half and resulted in a Benjamin Watson 3-yard touchdown catch that gave the Patriots a 42-7 lead. The second time was on fourth and 1 from the Bills' 10 late in the third quarter with New England holding a 42-10 advantage.

"Those situations, that point in the game I think I really don't like kicking field goals," said Belichick. "I feel like that's just adding points, so I'd rather go for it on fourth down and give them an opportunity to stop us. Our offense moved the ball well, so give them an opportunity to keep playing."

Great answer never thought of it from that aspect. In that sense the football sense that is the TRUE sense of sportmanship.

Also if the Pats were stopped on 4th down that play alone could revive them back into the game, that's sportsmanship!

Get the picture now ST.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Great answer never thought of it from that aspect. In that sense the football sense that is the TRUE sense of sportmanship.

Also if the Pats were stopped on 4th down that play alone could revive them back into the game, that's sportsmanship!

Get the picture now ST.

Peace

so because Belli-cheat gives that as an answers it's gotta be true. remember he is a convicted cheater, why should we believe anything he says?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    If you where coaching against the Pats and Belichick had him in the game still throwing the ball trying to run up the score with the Pats already up by 21 or more in the 4th quarter?

I would.

no

stop whining and fucking beat them
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    so because Belli-cheat gives that as an answers it's gotta be true. remember he is a convicted cheater, why should we believe anything he says?

ha ha. belli-cheat. you're killing me. where do you come up with this stuff? that's so original and funny...and original.

hey, how many super bowls has andy reid won?
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    JSBE wrote:
    ha ha. belli-cheat. you're killing me. where do you come up with this stuff? that's so original and funny...and original.

I KNOW that was a riot!!! I just told all my friends and we are crying LAUGHING!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I didn't know Seinfeld was a Pearl Jam Fan. That's awesome!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    pats favored by at least 17 against the eagles and they are a 500 team,

by how much do you think they will be favored over the 2 -8 jets in there game, time to put some $ and take the points ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    jose,
    the number in that game has got to be close to +30, but I have a thought that no one has broached yet. There was some serious consideration to force the Patriots to forfeit that opening game win, but it was ruled out most likely because there would have been some gaming issues in Vegas over how to award a winner in the game. So you really think a $500,000 fine and taking about the 32nd pick in the draft (when they are going to end up with a #2/3) is really where their punishment is going to stop? I have a feeling that the Pats will have to play that game with all the rules posted before, or that the Jets will get to have 13 men on the field at all times.

Either that or Goodell is going to take away the 32nd pick for the Pats and award the Jets with the 3rd pick which is what should be done. For if you really want to punish a team for cheating you have to actually punish them not give them a bogus fine (there are no rules saying Kraft can't award Bellytits a $500k bonus at the end of the year), and take away a late draft pick. If they actually had to wait until the end of the 2nd round to draft, PLUS watch helplessly as the new #81 goes in to free agency and signs to play side-by-side with the original #81 the balance of power in the NFL would dramatically shift. Which is what should happen when you get caught cheating.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    ryan198 wrote:
    There was some serious consideration to force the Patriots to forfeit that opening game win, but it was ruled out most likely because there would have been some gaming issues in Vegas over how to award a winner in the game.
    Don't make things up.
    Goodell never considered forfeiture as the Pats never saw the tape which was confiscated 7 minutes into the game.

And had he considered forfeiture, his decision would have nothing to do with how Vegas would view the game.
    The NFL does not acknowledge point spreads and gambling on its games. They know it exists but it does not otherwise get mention in the league office.
    Thats an absurd theory.

And if you've ever gambled you know the answer would be that all bets on the game would be cancelled if there was a forfeeit.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Don't make things up.
    Goodell never considered forfeiture as the Pats never saw the tape which was confiscated 7 minutes into the game.

And had he considered forfeiture, his decision would have nothing to do with how Vegas would view the game.
    The NFL does not acknowledge point spreads and gambling on its games. They know it exists but it does not otherwise get mention in the league office.
    Thats an absurd theory.

And if you've ever gambled you know the answer would be that all bets on the game would be cancelled if there was a forfeeit.
    uhhh...so let me get this straight a week later when the forfeiture could have happened, the people who won on the Pats that cashed their tickets in during the week were going to bring their winnings back to Vegas sportsbooks, and Jets betters that could prove they wagered on the game were going to get refunds? Online that's easier, but in Vegas that is not going to fly now is it? Besides the sportsbooks would have taken a massive hit, and while the league may not overtly acknowledge gambling you are absolutely crazy if they don't consider the one thing that makes this league continue to be the most popular sport in the United States - even though its product is contrived, and mostly awful to watch live.

To forfeit that would have been the equivalent of biting the hand that feeds, and while Goodell has no problem hanging players out to dry (PacMan, Chris Henry, Vick next year, and so on) he won't do that to the slightly bigger players in this league (Andy Reid, Bill Bellichek) and/or the biggest players (Vegas, Corporate Sponsors, and Owners). You see just like every other business in America the laborers (who in this case get paid semi-well...sorta) get the shaft in favor of the real power brokers.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    ryan198 wrote:

Either that or Goodell is going to take away the 32nd pick for the Pats and award the Jets with the 3rd pick which is what should be done. For if you really want to punish a team for cheating you have to actually punish them not give them a bogus fine (there are no rules saying Kraft can't award Bellytits a $500k bonus at the end of the year), and take away a late draft pick. If they actually had to wait until the end of the 2nd round to draft, PLUS watch helplessly as the new #81 goes in to free agency and signs to play side-by-side with the original #81 the balance of power in the NFL would dramatically shift. Which is what should happen when you get caught cheating.

You can't really punish New England other than taking their own draft pick. You can't punish a team for being smart. I mean trading their own pick in 2007 at number 28 to the 49ers for the 49ers 1st coming up this year and a 4th round pick last year which they then traded to Oakland giving them Randy Moss and a top 3 or 4 draft pick next year was brilliant.

That might be one of the greatest draft day steals in history.

I mean when golden boy Don Shula was caught tampering they only took away his team's first round pick in 1970. That's the harshest punishment the league can dole out. But if a team is smart enough to be able to maneuver around that punishment you have to give them credit.

I mean the Eagles made a similar draft day move last year with the Cowboys and got much less in return. The lesson - the Patriots are just a really well run organization and have assembled a helluva team.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    ...the most popular sport in the United States - even though its product is contrived, and mostly awful to watch live...

smoke crack much? how is the nfl contrived and mostly awful to watch live?
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Any coach that sends in a player to deliberately hurt another player is a pussy... this isnt the Karate Kid.......( sweep the leg )
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:

if you actually believe half the stuff you type...wow.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

hey, how many super bowls has andy reid won?

well I guess for Pats fans the ends does justify the means.

a few questions and answers that pretty much sums everything up I think:

Q: Is Bellicheck a convicted cheater? A: Yes
    Q: Was any other team or coach penalized for the same offense? A: No
    Q: Do Pats fans justify his cheating by claiming that everyone does it: A: Yes
    Q: Then why were no other teams convicted of the same? A: Don't know, maybe at least one Pats fan can give me that answer - i've been waiting for weeks for this answer
    Q: Is it possible that his cheating helped them win 3 Super Bowls? A: Yes of course, why else did he do it
    Q: Does his past cheating have any affect on this year's team and it's ability to go undefeated? A: Don't think so, this team is awesome and probably unbeatable.

please all you Pats fans here please dispute any of the answers above with FACTS if you can.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    people i'm asking do any of you gamble the spread it seems like it will be easy $$$ to take the points .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    smoke crack much? how is the nfl contrived and mostly awful to watch live?
    How is the NFL not contrived? The whole thing is a spectacle of dictated behaviors, that reify commercialism, nationalism, militarism, corporate capitalism, and hypermasculinity. Are you serious that you don't see it everytime you go to a game when the government wastes our tax dollars on flyovers from F-16 while every cheers wildly ("so this is how democracy dies...to wild applause"), to halftime shows sponsored by companies that are making billions of dollars from a war, then ironically celebrate our injured soldiers for making them that money, to commercially based breaks in the game which should have no such breaks, to music made specifically for football games to make more money for corporations which artificially excited the crowd on a 3rd and 13 with 3:14 left in the first quarter, to the ritualistic heavy drinking, and tit flashing, to the seperation of the "little people" from the have's in the way the seating is oriented, to the fact that with the exception of the Patriots and Cowboys (Colts, Pack, and Steelers could fit into this when at full power) are the only two teams worth watching this year, but rich owners will still get their fans to pay for stadiums and watch their crappy teams while billions of dollars that could go to education, and social welfare silently flow into their pockets, and we (me included) herd like cows week after week into games, watch on tv, and do not stop to see what's really going on.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    if you actually believe half the stuff you type...wow.
    I was just saying if you want to punish a team for cheating you should do that. I don't think it's actually going to happen. Well except the fact that Randy Moss, who has always wanted to play for the Cowboys, IS going to be a free agent at the end of the year...I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. He may stay, but the Pats never give big paydays to old players, they just don't.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i can't wait until the Patriot's lose this sunday

a little Super Bowl revenge