Options

Would you send in a player in to intentionally hurt Tom Brady?

Comments

• Options
    I think if you pay millions of dollars to defensive players to stop teams from scoring points they should shut their whinny fucking mouths when they can't do it. Simple concept: Put up or Shut up.

and on the other side, you are paying Tom Brady and co. Millions to score points not ride the fucking pine.

These are grown men who have been competing in sports their entire lives, if they can't handle defeat they are in the wrong business. They are not children who need to be coddled.

And for the record. I fucking hate the Patriots with a passion.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    you know what if the rest of the league is not as good as the pats too bad i say they should score as many points as they wan't to, or as many as the opposing team will give up fmmm i'm not a pats fan but at least i can watch a team play on all cylinders and admire it. i hope they beat every other team by 50 points the rest of the way ,there is no crying in football ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Just a couple of example I already stated:

So its OK for a nice farm boy like Peyton to throw bombs with huge leads in pursuit of Dan Marino's record (it was a weekly occurrence), and its OK for Steve Young to embarass the Chargers so he can throw 6 TD's in a Super Bowl and get out of the shadow of Joe Montana's 5 TD's in Super Bowl XXIV (the exact reason he threw the 6th TD and then symbolically had the "monkey wiped off his back").
    But because Tom Brady dates super models and likely has made your team look bad, he "needs his teeth knocked out"?

No these weren't "ok" either, but I don't remember Dungy going for it on 4th down with the huge leads, that's what's so classless. Period. AND Indy still had a running game in that season. Where's NE running game?

And the other example is the Superbowl. Usually Superbowls are blowouts anyway.

They haven't played my team yet.....GB
    the Minions
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    I think if you pay millions of dollars to defensive players to stop teams from scoring points they should shut their whinny fucking mouths when they can't do it. Simple concept: Put up or Shut up.

and on the other side, you are paying Tom Brady and co. Millions to score points not ride the fucking pine.

These are grown men who have been competing in sports their entire lives, if they can't handle defeat they are in the wrong business. They are not children who need to be coddled.

And for the record. I fucking hate the Patriots with a passion.

I couldn't agree more. Why should a team, in this case the Pats, lower their standard of play simply because the other team's defense can't stop them.

Also for the record I am a Jets fan and I can't fucking stand the Patriots.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240

They haven't played my team yet.....GB
    Still stinging from last year's 35-0 embarassment at Lambeau?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I'm just sayin....

Karma is a bitch...and yes the Pats ARE runnin the score up no doubt.

Is there anything wrong with it???? NO there isn't anything wrong with it.

Nobody seems to be able to stop them.

I don't really want to see Brady get hurt either, and it may not be Brady that gets hurt, I'm sure there are some DB's ready to punish Moss or Stallworth or Welker.

Really if you are a Pats fan though, you shouldn't be getting so excited about seeing your teams crush their opponents every week. Lots of teams are going to start headhunting and they still have to play Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

NE really needs to stop going for it on 4th down with such a huge lead...go ahead and kick the FG but it's rubbing salt in the wound by going for another passing TD so late in the game with such a lead....totally classless
    the Minions
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    ryan198 wrote:
    I never said that the score should be 17-14 every week I just don't like players that play on teams I don't like. I don't like the Patriots, I don't like the Colts, and I don't like the 49ers, and part of it is the fact that their QBs are not that fun for me to watch. I understand that they are/were very good at their profession, but their excitment seems contrived to me...like the game isn't actually fun for them. I don't like Favre but I'm pretty sure that he actually likes what he does, same with Vince Young, Vick was fun to watch when he was playing. So anyway, yes I do watch football, I just don't enjoy the way particular players play the game.

so steve young, manning and brady don't have fun when they're playing? i sure see a damn lot of smiles coming from brady on the sideline after the pats score a TD.

so you don't like brett favre either. besides the dog killer vick, what QBs do you like?

it sounds like you should stick with college football if all you want is tons of fun, hugs and smiles all around.
  • Options
    everyone here is just jealous that the pats are great and nobody is going to come close to beating them, so stop with the running up the score whining, if the other teams could stop them, they wouldnt be running up the score..
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    I'm just sayin....

Karma is a bitch...and yes the Pats ARE runnin the score up no doubt.

Is there anything wrong with it???? NO there isn't anything wrong with it.

Nobody seems to be able to stop them.

I don't really want to see Brady get hurt either, and it may not be Brady that gets hurt, I'm sure there are some DB's ready to punish Moss or Stallworth or Welker.

Really if you are a Pats fan though, you shouldn't be getting so excited about seeing your teams crush their opponents every week. Lots of teams are going to start headhunting and they still have to play Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

NE really needs to stop going for it on 4th down with such a huge lead...go ahead and kick the FG but it's rubbing salt in the wound by going for another passing TD so late in the game with such a lead....totally classless

the pats play hard for the full game (ie - 60 minutes). they do not let-up. i still don't understand how kicking a field goal is better than a TD. up by whatever, if you have 4th and 1 inside 10-15 yards, you go for it.

i can say this until i am blue in the face.

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

i like your sig strangest tribe.
  • Options
    all of this running up the score shit stems from liberalism its so sickening i cant stand it, all you liberals out there want to see every game be close so everyone feels good about themselves and we can all smile, and then everyone can get a participation trophy at the end of the season so everyone feels like a winner!!!
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    I don't think it's a coaches responsibility to tell a player to go after someone. That's just wrong and totally against the spirt of the game. On the other hand if I was a player I might feel compelled to start something (a la the NHL) if I felt the Pats were running it up on me. I don't think you go after someone to hurt them intentionally but you might give them an extra shot or a good punch in the mouth.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    the pats play hard for the full game (ie - 60 minutes). they do not let-up. i still don't understand how kicking a field goal is better than a TD. up by whatever, if you have 4th and 1 inside 10-15 yards, you go for it.

i can say this until i am blue in the face.

http://blogs.amnestyusa.org/pub/amnestyusa/death-penalty/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

i like your sig strangest tribe.

for the record...I'm a sorta Pats fan, I've pulled for them in the past just never against the Packers.

I just believe there are some things you don't do with a huge lead late in the game. One of them is go ahead and take your FG and not go for it on 4th.

You don't steal bases in baseball with a huge lead.
    You don't shoot 3pt shots in basketball with a huge lead.
    You don't play for the breakaway in hockey with a huge lead.

Embarrassing other teams can bite you in the ass.

When far superior teams are ahead they usually play ball control in any sport. If you don't you are simply setting yourself up for a serious fall.
    the Minions
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Still stinging from last year's 35-0 embarassment at Lambeau?

Yeah that hurt, but GB wasn't a playoff team then. And we still are 1-0 against the Pats in the Superbowl. :D
    the Minions
  • Options
    all of this running up the score shit stems from liberalism its so sickening i cant stand it, all you liberals out there want to see every game be close so everyone feels good about themselves and we can all smile, and then everyone can get a participation trophy at the end of the season so everyone feels like a winner!!!

i'm as liberal as they come and i have no problem with what the pats are doing. i just think that some fans of other teams are either jealous that their team isn't as good as the pats or they just hate the pats now because it is cool. maybe ed thinks the pats aren't cool and that's why so many hate?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    And we still are 1-0 against the Pats in the Superbowl. :D
    I honestly hope the Pats get a shot to avenge that this February.
    I think Brady vs Favre would be quite a good show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    for the record...I'm a sorta Pats fan, I've pulled for them in the past just never against the Packers.

I just believe there are some things you don't do with a huge lead late in the game. One of them is go ahead and take your FG and not go for it on 4th.

You don't steal bases in baseball with a huge lead.
    You don't shoot 3pt shots in basketball with a huge lead.
    You don't play for the breakaway in hockey with a huge lead.

Embarrassing other teams can bite you in the ass.

When far superior teams are ahead they usually play ball control in any sport. If you don't you are simply setting yourself up for a serious fall.

you can't be a fan of two teams because ultimately they'll meet and you'll have to "sorta" not be a fan.

i disagree with the base stealing thing because baseball has changed so much since that "unwritten" rule went in effect. teams can come back from a big deficit real fast on a shaky bullpen.

i still don't get why people can't grasp that the opposing coaches have come out an publicly stated that the PATS ARE NOT RUNNING THE SCORE UP. you people are just being spoon fed what some espn talking head decides is a good thing to make into an "argument"
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    I don't think it's a coaches responsibility to tell a player to go after someone. That's just wrong and totally against the spirt of the game. On the other hand if I was a player I might feel compelled to start something (a la the NHL) if I felt the Pats were running it up on me. I don't think you go after someone to hurt them intentionally but you might give them an extra shot or a good punch in the mouth.

yeah, because the player making up their mind to "go after" another player is totally in sync with the spirit of the game.
  • Options

Please don't....no more politics please. I think anyone that makes a million dollars a year should feel like a winner anyway so let's just have fun and talk sports.

Part of the fun is disagreeing anyway.
    the Minions
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    JSBE wrote:
    you can't be a fan of two teams because ultimately they'll meet and you'll have to "sorta" not be a fan.

i disagree with the base stealing thing because baseball has changed so much since that "unwritten" rule went in effect. teams can come back from a big deficit real fast on a shaky bullpen.

i still don't get why people can't grasp that the opposing coaches have come out an publicly stated that the PATS ARE NOT RUNNING THE SCORE UP. you people are just being spoon fed what some espn talking head decides is a good thing to make into an "argument"

Aagree with all points here, read my points in the Pats thread ... the only people whining about running up teh score are the media and whiny fans of teams who stink ... Dick Jauron wasn't offended. Chris Cooley wasn't offended.

It's about being perfect an continuously improving ... not about running up the score. People who don't understand are destined to watch their team lose late in the 4th quarter of some game eventually. How much did that PLAY 60 MINUTES mantra help them with their come back against the Colts???
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:

man... I gotta have a stable of fav teams just to make the season enjoyable. I have my very favorite teams in all sports and it finally looks like a good year for the Celtics.

But since the Celtics have sucked for over 20 years, I've found myself pulling for other teams. Though I still pull for the Celts, I have found some other teams I like marginally less.

Same with football. Baseball.Hockey.

I made the running the score up decision myself. I don't like the opinionated sportscasters too much. I like Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. But I don't go for the PTI guys and the Around-the-horn bunch either. I can pretty much form my own opinions.
    the Minions
  • Options
    man... I gotta have a stable of fav teams just to make the season enjoyable. I have my very favorite teams in all sports and it finally looks like a good year for the Celtics.

But since the Celtics have sucked for over 20 years, I've found myself pulling for other teams.

Same with football.

I made the running the score up decision myself. I don't like the opinionated sportscasters too much. I like Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. But I don't go for the PTI guys and the Around-the-horn bunch either. I can pretty much form my own opinions.

i like watching sports, but that's about it. i like certain players on certain teams, but i'm not a fan of those teams.

i've been a sox fan, a pats fan and a celts fan for well over 20 years (i'm 30). i was a bruins fan back in the lemelin/moog days, but i haven't paid attention to hockey in about 10-12 years.

personally, as i'm guessing you figured out, i don't think the pats are running it up. if you think they are, that's your opinion and we can argue back and forth without calling each other names and that's cool.
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    you people are just being spoon fed what some espn talking head decides is a good thing to make into an "argument"

This is a funny statement now that I think of it because I usually think just the opposite of what the ESPN guys say.....

i.e. I've always been a T. Owens fan. Why aren't they calling him a cancer this year? Same goes with Randy Moss. Some of those guys just like to stir shit up.
    the Minions
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    i like watching sports, but that's about it. i like certain players on certain teams, but i'm not a fan of those teams.

i've been a sox fan, a pats fan and a celts fan for well over 20 years (i'm 30). i was a bruins fan back in the lemelin/moog days, but i haven't paid attention to hockey in about 10-12 years.

personally, as i'm guessing you figured out, i don't think the pats are running it up. if you think they are, that's your opinion and we can argue back and forth without calling each other names and that's cool.

We have more in common than not

I've been a Red Sox, and Celtics fans since the 70's, but just could never get into the Patriots mainly because they sucked when I was a kid...so when I was a kid I got into the Packers and Raiders as well.
    the Minions
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    I don't see anything wrong with the "idea" of running up the score. but from a coaches standpoint i would never do it. Way to many bad things can happen!!! There is no reason for his starters and franchise players to be playing at these points during a game. Remember the NFL players aren't the nicest of people, i wouldn't rule out the chance of cheap shot, if this continues
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    JSBE wrote:
    yeah, because the player making up their mind to "go after" another player is totally in sync with the spirit of the game.

sure at least that is man-to-man, like a bar fight. if i got a problem with you i'm gonna say or do something, not send someone else to do it. that's my point regarding the players doing something instead of a coach telling someone to do something.
  • Options
    We have more in common than not

I've been a Red Sox, and Celtics fans since the 70's, but just could never get into the Patriots mainly because they sucked when I was a kid...so when I was a kid I got into the Packers and Raiders as well.

so your just a bandwagon jumper and not a true fan
  • Options
    booomm11 wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with the "idea" of running up the score. but from a coaches standpoint i would never do it. Way to many bad things can happen!!! There is no reason for his starters and franchise players to be playing at these points during a game. Remember the NFL players aren't the nicest of people, i wouldn't rule out the chance of cheap shot, if this continues

this is exactly what I'm saying but the NE fans don't get it.

I think it's obvious they are trying to give the league the finger about the cheating deal and trying to get Brady's name in the record books.

Someone's gonna get hurt though.
    the Minions
  • Options
    its gonna be great when we have a top 5 pick in next years draft after winning another super bowl HAHAHA i love IT!!!! bring on the eagles, the pats are gonna stomp them just like they did the bills...
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    so your just a bandwagon jumper and not a true fan

Ummm.....

So what do you do when your team sucks for 20+ years???

Gardening?

I'm a sports fan, and there's always room on the wagon with you and all the other hypocrites that toss this argument around.
    the Minions
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    this is exactly what I'm saying but the NE fans don't get it.

I think it's obvious they are trying to give the league the finger about the cheating deal and trying to get Brady's name in the record books.

Someone's gonna get hurt though.

we get it ... beleive me, the thought of running up the score aagainst a team like Baltimore, who is already having a shitty year? Man, I could see Ray Ray and his crew wanting to put a hurt on someone REAL bad ... so, I get it.

But, I think the Pats view the complancency of pulling their guys in the 3rd quarter, NOT being a 60 minute team, not being able to finish out a game (like they *NEEDED* to against the Colts) ... I think the Pats view that lack of focus a GREATER risk then getting someone injured.

They have to feel that way or they wouldn't go about doing the things they are doing ... hopefully this is a point non-NE fans will get.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez