Boston Red Sox

Comments

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    g under p wrote:
    As you already know I don't hate the Yankees, I may dispise them or dislike them but certainly not the H-word. :)

Peace
    and you have a daughter that loves jeter and Arod? you're a-ok in my book ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    stickboy wrote:
    and you have a daughter that loves jeter and Arod? you're a-ok in my book ;)

Yeah I know, I just did a look through her room to get it cleaned up and I had to take a look a that A-Rod got milk poster. No wonder I drink silk milk instead. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Yeah I know, I just did a look through her room to get it cleaned up and I had to take a look a that A-Rod got milk poster. No wonder I drink silk milk instead. :)

Peace
    oh god, u serious? Of all the A-rod Posters she chose was the got milk one? :rolleyes:

I thought maybe she'd have one with him hitting a clutch homerun.

oh wait

they havent made those yet
    stickboy wrote:
    oh god, u serious? Of all the A-rod Posters she chose was the got milk one? :rolleyes:

I thought maybe she'd have one with him hitting a clutch homerun.

oh wait

they havent made those yet

I think she got it from my sis in NYC from an ad on Lifetime Network. It's that official poster not made out paper with o-rings to hang it up. If and when the Yankees win another WS I'll give her a championship team poster.

Let's see that'll be after she finishes MIT her school of choice.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Oh Yeah a chance to pick up a game tonight.

Peace

Jason Bay has been a gm and Sox are 1-0

Peace

Aw well just didn't work out tonight, comeback hard tomorrah.

Peace

• I was at that game. It was against Seattle in August 1996. That was weird to be surrounded by people dancing to that to say the least.

But back to the topic, get to Fenway even just once. Sometimes you'll luck out and see a great game like I did in 1999 when Pedro Martinez struck out 16 Atlanta Braves.

just don't sit out in the RF bleachers. i went to a game in 1999. We were in a row that ran 50-60 seats, and we had seats 3 & 4, next to the aisle. The other end of the row was up against a wall. So whenever any one of the 50 or so Drunken Sullies had to get up to take a leak, or get their 15th beer, I had to get up too. made the experience miserable. i was getting up 3 to 4 times per inning. The heavens opening and instantly dumping the heaviest rain I've ever seen at the end of the 8th didn't make it much better. It went from "was that just a raindrop?" to "oh shit, I'm soaked" in about 15 seconds
    Another win today and another step closer to first place.

Peace

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Wow! 1.5 games back from being in first! NICE!!! Let's sweep those Rays!!!!!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:
    Wow! 1.5 games back from being in first! NICE!!! Let's sweep those Rays!!!!!

Sweeet the Ray lost, well well this is getting very interesting isn't it.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Sweeet the Ray lost, well well this is getting very interesting isn't it.

Peace
    It's gonna be cool to have Red Sux fans to root ROOT ROOT for the YANKEEESS next week against the Rays:p
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    stickboy wrote:
    It's gonna be cool to have Red Sux fans to root ROOT ROOT for the YANKEEESS next week against the Rays:p

I'll cheer for the Yankees at the first celebrity golf tournament in early October too.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'll cheer for the Yankees at the first celebrity golf tournament in early October too.
    lmao!
    why are you expecting to be taken out by then? By who

the Cubs? :D
    stickboy wrote:
    lmao!
    why are you expecting to be taken out by then? By who

the Cubs? :D

they are 8.5 out of the wild card and would have to jump three teams ... Toronto (really, they passed the Yanks in the standings), Minnesota (or Chicago) and Boston (or Tampa) ...

you're really holding out hope for the Yanks making the palyoffs?

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    they are 8.5 out of the wild card and would have to jump three teams ... Toronto (really, they passed the Yanks in the standings), Minnesota (or Chicago) and Boston (or Tampa) ...

you're really holding out hope for the Yanks making the palyoffs?
    nah, I know we're done now...we fucked up already and its getting late fast so..good luck to you guys..may the best MLB team win.
    on to football for me since my yankees seasons about over and HOCKEYs around the corner baby! :D:D:D
    LETS GO GIANTS AND RANGERS!
    stickboy wrote:

The Sox keep winning and the Sox won't need anything from the Yanks.

In case you missed this....
    stickboy wrote:
    why you guys don't say "we"?

huh....

that sucks, sorry to hear that

Simply because I don't own or play for ANY of the Beantown teams I root for. Until I do I'll never say that.

Peace

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Paul Byrd have been amazing thus far.
    What a great pick up he's been for Boston. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    Paul Byrd have been amazing thus far.
    What a great pick up he's been for Boston. :)

as long as Beckett's healthy ... and they can go with Beckett, Matsuzaka and Lester as their top three .... with Byrd and Wakes getting spot duty ... I like that playoff pitching rotation.

jimed14 wrote:
    as long as Beckett's healthy ... and they can go with Beckett, Matsuzaka and Lester as their top three .... with Byrd and Wakes getting spot duty ... I like that playoff pitching rotation.

I'd put them up against any team in the AL

Peace

g under p wrote:
    The Sox keep winning and the Sox won't need anything from the Yanks.

In case you missed this....

Simply because I don't own or play for ANY of the Beantown teams I root for. Until I do I'll never say that.

Peace
    I didn't miss it, I just felt like that's fine. Maybe its just a NY thing..but I know I'm not the only one who says "we" when it comes to rooting for our teams. It's part of being a diehard or lilke they say the home ice/field/court advantage...WE give our team that extra boost sometimes. Not a big issue tho. To each his own.

well the Nation is still 1 and 1/2 behind so things are still to be determined and having the Yanks beat up on the Rays can only simplify things for yall. Don't be embarrased to root for us next week. ;) It's all good :D
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    stickboy wrote:

well the Nation is still 1 and 1/2 behind so things are still to be determined and having the Yanks beat up on the Rays can only simplify things for yall. Don't be embarrased to root for us next week. ;) It's all good :D
    Boston's got Tampa Bay the next 3 days so don't need anything from New York.

By the way, the Rays are on a 3-game losing if they get swept the next 3, I so they're done and might want to look at the wildcard standings instead. ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    Boston's got Tampa Bay the next 3 days so don't need anything from New York.

By the way, the Rays are on a 3-game losing if they get swept the next 3, I so they're done and might want to look at the wildcard standings instead. ;)
    oh no shit!

big series then.

gonna have to keep an eye on that see what happeens
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Not to say I told you so, but I said this back on July 8th

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5630880&highlight=september#post5630880

I like the Rays and they're playing real good ball now, but let's see where they are in the standings after September 17th. They play 12 of their first 15 games in September against the Sox and the Yanks which is a brutal stretch for any team.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:
    Not to say I told you so, but I said this back on July 8th

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5630880&highlight=september#post5630880

I like the Rays and they're playing real good ball now, but let's see where they are in the standings after September 17th. They play 12 of their first 15 games in September against the Sox and the Yanks which is a brutal stretch for any team.

Leave it to you to come up with stats and info like that. Y R Da BEST.

It'll be an interesting 2 weeks

Peace

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    We play the Rays 6 times over the next 10 days. The next week and a half are obviously the most important of the entire season. If we to win 4 or 5 of those games it could mean the Rays miss the playoffs if Minnesota gets hot over the same period and takes their 4 game series with Tampa between our series'. We're in great shape if we split the series'. Go Sox!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/schedule?team=bos
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Sox up 3-0 in the bottom of the 5th with Lester pitching.

Peace

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Lester is spot on tonight. Looking great so far. I'd like a couple more runs here.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    Lester is spot on tonight. Looking great so far. I'd like a couple more runs here.

In the 8th and still rolling but a few more runs would help.

Peace

Pitching is where it's at, a great performance tonight only a half game back
    3-0.

Peace