Boston Red Sox

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    stickboy wrote:
    well at least thats 3 more people than the Marlins get. I tell ya, when I lived in miami and caught marlin games on tv, that place was EMMMPTYYY!!! When the mets visited it was packed and all you could hear was lets go METS chants. funny shit.

I went the Marlins Opening Day last year and I can't remember who they played but the place was also rather empty for opening day. Worse I waited 40 minutes at a concession stand for food for the kids they had ONLY 4 open for the entire upper deck!

Baseball should never ever be played in a football stadium. They can't build the new stadium soon enough, it'll be ready in 2 years I believe and I think they're going to be called the Miami Marlins.

Peace.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Danimal wrote:
    This is what I don't get though. Did you see the last time the Yankees were in Tampa? The place was empty. SAME with the Red Sox when they play in Tampa. You would think the people down there would want to see these big teams. Let alone their FIRST PLACE team. Just don't get it.
    Unless we travel down there for OUR teams those places aint selling out for shit. Its all the NorthEast fans goin down for vacation that fill the arenas and stadiums up.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    g under p wrote:
    I went the Marlins Opening Day last year and I can't remember who they played but the place was also rather empty for opening day. Worse I waited 40 minutes at a concession stand for food for the kids they had ONLY 4 open for the entire upper deck!

Baseball should never ever be played in a football stadium. They can't build the new stadium soon enough, it'll be ready in 2 years I believe and I think they're going to be called the Miami Marlins.

Peace.
    yea...theyre gonna build a new stadium after yrs of talking wether they should relocate the team, charge the 5 fans that are actually gonne be dumb enough to get tix or season subscriptions up the ass and in a few yrs when the place is still empty and not generating money they'll talk about relocating again :rolleyes:

I was gonna say FOOTBALL should not be played in a baseball stadium either, lol
    stickboy wrote:
    Unless we travel down there for OUR teams those places aint selling out for shit. Its all the NorthEast fans goin down for vacation that fill the arenas and stadiums up.

When the Yankees are in town at Tropicana the place should sellout considering that's where the home city of the Yankees spring training camp.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    When the Yankees are in town at Tropicana the place should sellout considering that's where the home city of the Yankees spring training camp.

Peace
    guess NY'ers dont travel to FLA as much as they used to
    stickboy wrote:
    guess NY'ers dont travel to FLA as much as they used to

Or maybe only during the winter months like me and i gather the same for the Sox in Fort Myers.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Or maybe only during the winter months like me and i gather the same for the Sox in Fort Myers.

Peace
    exactly. Best time to go to FLA is in the winter.
  • What is it with Boston and bad weather?
    smarchee wrote:
    Jays in town for 4 game series and are RED Hot

fear the Jays !!!!

you guys ready !

Go JAYS GO !!

Well the Sox came through with a great win 7-0 against the Jays

Peace

• smarchee wrote:
    Jays in town for 4 game series and are RED Hot

fear the Jays !!!!

you guys ready !

Go JAYS GO !!
    Jays don't stand a chance.

1) Three of the four starting pitchers are going on three days rest
    2) Between the Chicago and Boston series they will have played 8 games in 6 days.
    Huge comeback win in that second half of the doubleheader today. HUGE

Peace

Cito Gaston I always thought was one of baseballs best managers. I wonder how he got his old job back? I think that's a great choice by Toronto.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Cito Gaston I always thought was one of baseballs best managers. I wonder how he got his old job back? I think that's a great choice by Toronto.

Peace
    they came to their senses and realized they couldn't get anyone better.
    The Rays are losing and that makes thi game even bigger. The Sox outfield are showing off their speed and defense, Best in the East.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    The Rays are losing and that makes thi game even bigger. The Sox outfield are showing off their speed and defense, Best in the East.

Peace
    did I just hear you say LETS GO YANKEES?
    stickboy wrote:
    did I just hear you say LETS GO YANKEES?

No not really, if the Yankees were ahead in the division I would. However, since they're on the bottom and now looking up, the Rays are the dominent team I'll say the Rays are losing at the moment.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    No not really, if the Yankees were ahead in the division I would. However, since they're on the bottom and now looking up, the Rays are the dominent team I'll say the Rays are losing at the moment.

Peace
    yea yea, but if we beat the rays you'll love us even more :D
    stickboy wrote:
    yea yea, but if we beat the rays you'll love us even more :D

I'll love the fact that the Red Sox could make up a game on the Rays, nothing more. Either way the Red Sox will be in the Post Season.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    I'll love the fact that the Red Sox could make up a game on the Rays, nothing more. Either way the Red Sox will be in the Post Season.

Peace
    lol, fine! No favors for YOU guys!
    see?
    the yankees try to help and be nice and you guys just wont' accept it
    stickboy wrote:
    lol, fine! No favors for YOU guys!
    see?
    the yankees try to help and be nice and you guys just wont' accept it

:D I'll be thankful in my own way I just don't want it thrown upon me. :D BTW nice DP to get out of that jam, a defensive game here today.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    :D I'll be thankful in my own way I just don't want it thrown upon me. :D BTW nice DP to get out of that jam, a defensive game here today.

Peace
    really?
    I'm not even watching...watching Big Blue destroy the Rams and checkng here online for other scores and fantasy updates
    Extra outs in Fenway will kill ya and the Sox make them pay....3-1 Sox

Peace

Ortiz turns on the jets and gets a triple, then gets a sac from Youk...4-1 Sox on comes Paps

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Ortiz turns on the jets and gets a triple, then gets a sac from Youk...4-1 Sox on comes Paps

Peace
    so if the yanks hold on back to within one game behind huh?
    and I see you guys got what? 2 games in hand on the Rays?
    SOX Win SOX Win with a little help from the umpire from what I could see.

Peace

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    1 game out baby!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:
    1 game out baby!

The Red Sox can still get this division done and finish on top.

Peace

• What's up with Paplebon? Seriously? I still like our chances when he comes in but as of recently he's been questionable.

Any thoughts? Just tired? Needs a week off to clear his head?
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • momofglynn wrote:
    What's up with Paplebon? Seriously? I still like our chances when he comes in but as of recently he's been questionable.

Any thoughts? Just tired? Needs a week off to clear his head?

His problem is that he is throwing his fastball every pitch. Which is weird to me because I would think that Tek would tell him to throw a slider or something. Also fatigue most be getting to him. Also, to be honest, I think a little bit of arrogance my be part of the problem. He should be fine in the playoffs though.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • His problem is that he is throwing his fastball every pitch. Which is weird to me because I would think that Tek would tell him to throw a slider or something. Also fatigue most be getting to him. Also, to be honest, I think a little bit of arrogance my be part of the problem. He should be fine in the playoffs though.

no makes senses to me. Not sure why Varitek is not changing it up.
    Let's Go Red Sox!