Options

Any wrestling fans?

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    WWE has made the decision to bring back Extreme Championship Wrestling as a full time entity and has begun talking with former ECW talent about returning to work for the new version of the legendary promotion. As of right now, WWE is targeting a September return for the promotion. No decision has been made as to exactly how the company will be brought back yet. It's possible that it will take over the present OVW territory, that it will be a promotion that gets matches on the Raw and/or Smackdown promotions or possibly in some other manner. Sources have told us that Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer will be booking ECW when it starts up.

WWE has already contacted a number of ECW wrestlers and contracts will be sent out to them this week. The talents are being offered three year deals which consist of a series of one year contracts, with rollover clauses. A number of wrestlers have been contacts so far. We can confirm that WWE has talked with The Sandman, Francine and Balls Mahoney and will be sending contracts out to them this week.

We will have more information on this story later today or tomorrow.

credit: PWinsider
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I have had the best weekend ever. I saw Pearl Jam on Thursday, went to see WWE Raw on Friday RINGSIDE, and saw Smackdown on Saturday, and next week I have a wrestling training seminar with Harry Smith and Teddy Hart. Nephews of Bret and Owen Hart. CANT WAIT!!!!!!
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    IN THE MEANTIME AND IN BETWEEN TIME THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER EDITION OF....STAMPEDEwrestling
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Tna!tna!tna!
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Anyone going to watch lockdown tonight?
  • Options
    EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Oh and that's sad news to me about ECW starting back up. I wish Vince would just leave it alone and let it rest where it should. It's funny how there's millions of "hardcore" ECW fans, yet you could hardly ever spot them back when it was around. They just got spat on by WCW/WWF/E marks just like TNA fans get it today.
  • Options
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Anyone going to watch lockdown tonight?

I would but they don't show it on the wrestling channel til next week.Should be awesome seein Sting v Jarett's team though!

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    AxlUlrich...great heads up...

Don't know what to think of this...glad ECW is coming back, but if it's under the WWE umbrella, it has the potential to suck ass.

Good move by the WWE though...they realized that there is still a huge audience out there for it.

This could really screw up TNA.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    This could really screw up TNA.

PBM
    I suspect that our friend, PBM, has hit the nail on the head with this observation.

It's all about the $$$$, baby.......that and stomping any competition.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tna is doing a good enough job screwing up tna. they don't need ecw to do that.
  • Options
    True.....bad TV deal.......and way too much Jarett.....one of the few wrestlers who had me changing the channel whenever he had some screen-time. :(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    here's a legend from back in the days i watched wrestling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNMvADpPlP8&search=rowdy%20roddy%20piper
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

Actually, the wrestling isn't all that bad...that X Division stuff is pretty good to watch.

Storylines are tired, but it seems like the WWE has the same problem.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Ecfuckingw. Ecw Ecw Ecw
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    gotta agree with PBM...although i'm pleased to see ECW return..it will be under WWE..and well..it might not be as good as the good old ECW.
    hopefully it doesn't screw up TNA's ratings cos i'd love to see TNA around forever.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    I watched it sometimes as a little kid... when it had hogan, ultimate warrior, macho man, etc. then stopped for years until around the end of 1999.

much love for The Rock, he's what got me into it harcore. Also liked Eddie Guerrero, Y2J, Scottie Too Hottie, The Hardy Boys

Man...Remember The ROck and sock connection???

The Rock V.s. Triple H and Rock v.s. Austin was the best fueds.... also The Rock v.s. Kane and when Tori was Kanes girl and thinking the Rock liked her. lol good times.... and when Rakishi betrayed the rock... also Kurt angle v.s. Triple H when steph was Triple H's wife, yet Kurts manager...GOOD TIMES!

but now its just plain stupid and boring
    10/31/99, 10/27/00, 06/01/03, 10/25/03, 07/07/06, 07/09/06, 07/15/06

Even Flow PSYCHO member #0020!!
    myspace.com/takingpunches
  • Options
    In a follow-up to the story that we posted earlier about ECW returning full-time, the plan was said to be finalized in the last week or so.

WWE is not looking to add a third day to their television schedule. It is believed this will be a mix of both former ECW wrestlers and new WWE developmental wrestlers who have been working house shows under Paul Heyman.

Speaking of Heyman, he will be in charge of the ECW brand. The plan is to run house shows and some form of weekly television as well.

Dave Meltzer reports that it would likely be handled similar to the Superastros deal in the late 90s, with weekly matches taped before either the Raw or Smackdown tapings.

YNWA
  • Options
    Why don't they give Heyman the book full-time? Granted, he may not be a good businessman, but he can write some great TV.

PBM

• Options
    Tna is the best thing in wrestling these days,in fact I'd probably say it's better than Ecw and Wcw.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    Why don't they give Heyman the book full-time? Granted, he may not be a good businessman, but he can write some great TV.

PBM
    Very true......the man can turn chaos into a storyline/action that you can't help but watch. Please keep Stephanie and her boring-ass husband away from this product.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Very true......the man can turn chaos into a storyline/action that you can't help but watch. Please keep Stephanie and her boring-ass husband away from this product.
    lol yeh..i hope Stephanie doesn't involve herself with this new ECW.
    thank God she would probably be on maternity leave :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol yeh..i hope Stephanie doesn't involve herself with this new ECW.
    thank God she would probably be on maternity leave :D
    I hope that she decides to stay at home and raise the kid. It would be nice if she could convince HHH to stay at home with her. :)
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    I watched the WWF religiously between around 1990 and 2002. Favourite wrestlers were Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley and Steve Austin. Loved the whole D-Generation X era and the Austin vs. McMahon story :) Wish it was still good but i've sort of lost interest now.
  • Options
    looks like Sabu has signed a 3 year deal with WWE and some are saying Balls Mahoney has signed too..but no official statement has been made yet.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    looks like Sabu has signed a 3 year deal with WWE and some are saying Balls Mahoney has signed too..but no official statement has been made yet.

I sure hope not,he'd be wasted in WWE.They don't know how to use anyone.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    We need Roadkill........the angry Amish Chicken Plucker or whatever they called him.
  • Options
    i hope WWE don't ruin these guys yeh
    i thought they only signed a Legends deal to have their Classic Series action figures made but now it looks like there's more to it.

YNWA
  • Options
    Sabu in WWE is a waste. It's obvious his style isn't a priority.

PBM

• Options
    D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132
    I couldn't let this thread go on any longer without saying:

RECOGNIZE!!!!
  • Options
    D Lo BrownD Lo Brown Posts: 132

PBM
    didn't WWE do this a few years back? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Anyway, Heyman is good....but those last couple of years of ECW were pretty weak.