The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:
    9 more hours~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on boys.

go leafs go
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    today is the day...

i wore orange in honor of the season opener.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

go leafs go

nice to see how proud you are of being a leaf fan. can you get a smaller font?
    81 wrote:
    today is the day...

i wore orange in honor of the season opener.

me too. do we know if Pronger is playing? i heard he might be.
    fife wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

go leafs go

nice to see how proud you are of being a leaf fan. can you get a smaller font?

only cuz it was the flyers thread ...

i did put it in blue ... ;)
    [

go leafs go[/quote]

nice to see how proud you are of being a leaf fan. can you get a smaller font?[/quote]

only cuz it was the flyers thread ...

i did put it in blue ... ;)[/quote]

yes good luck tonight. i have a feeling you will beat the habs but in reality what does it matter you still won't make the playoffs.
    Pronger looks to be a game time decision.

IMO, it's not important for him to play tonight. I'd prefer he is 100% recovered and ready for the playoffs.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

IMO, it's not important for him to play tonight. I'd prefer he is 100% recovered and ready for the playoffs.

I agree, I hate living in Toronto and be a flyers fan. its hard to get news about the flyers all the time. we only get big stories.
    fife wrote:
    yes good luck tonight. i have a feeling you will beat the habs but in reality what does it matter you still won't make the playoffs.

if we get decent goaltending ... we'll make the playoffs ... and the best hockey city in the world can once again be proud of their team ...
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

I agree, I hate living in Toronto and be a flyers fan. its hard to get news about the flyers all the time. we only get big stories.

the internet is a powerful tool. ;)

if you wanted, you should be able to stream sporsts radio from philly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

if we get decent goaltending ... we'll make the playoffs ... and the best hockey city in the world can once again be proud of their team ...

i'm confused
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

sorry just can't stop laughing at the "best hockey city" comment. i go to a lot of games at the ACC and let me tell you its boring as hell. i once got kicked out for making to much noise and the rich people didn't like it.
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

the internet is a powerful tool. ;)

if you wanted, you should be able to stream sporsts radio from philly.
    yes i know about the internet (that thing that al gore created right?) i have tried to stream sports radio but can't ever get it. can you recommended a good radio station?
    fife wrote:
    yes i know about the internet (that thing that al gore created right?) i have tried to stream sports radio but can't ever get it. can you recommended a good radio station?

espn 1000 but that is out of chicago is pretty solid in the mornings. for a good philly station, we will have to wait for the philly crowd to show up. :lol:

in the mean time, i'm going to give these people a listen http://www.975thefanatic.com

edit. tried to stream 97.5. the ad played fine, but then when the show started it sounded like a record player slowed way down. weird. i've streamed other stations without issue before
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:
    sorry just can't stop laughing at the "best hockey city" comment. i go to a lot of games at the ACC and let me tell you its boring as hell. i once got kicked out for making to much noise and the rich people didn't like it.

frig ... mlse has nothing to do with the true fans ... who the cuss can afford to goto leaf games?? ... ownership is a different thing altogether ...

but people here watch hockey games no matter who plays ... the hockey hall of fame is here ... all the major meetings related to hockey are here ... there are probably more kids/adults playing some form of hockey per capita than anywhere else (big city wise - can't compete if a town has 50 people and they are all named sutter) ...

edit: and i would say that the leafs have the most fans showing up at away games than any other team in the nhl ... i showed up at a thrashers game several years ago and there were more people cheering for the leafs than atlanta ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

frig ... mlse has nothing to do with the true fans ... who the cuss can afford to goto leaf games?? ... ownership is a different thing altogether ...

but people here watch hockey games no matter who plays ... the hockey hall of fame is here ... all the major meetings related to hockey are here ... there are probably more kids/adults playing some form of hockey per capita than anywhere else (big city wise - can't compete if a town has 50 people and they are all named sutter) ...

edit: and i would say that the leafs have the most fans showing up at away games than any other team in the nhl ... i showed up at a thrashers game several years ago and there were more people cheering for the leafs than atlanta ...

All that doesn't matter if your teams are constant losers. The truth is we have the best hockey here in Windsor Essex, Windsor Spitfires back to back memorial cup champion, Lasalle Vipers Junior B Champions and some pretty good junior C hockey teams and just across the river are the Detroit Red Wings and the tickets are affordable and they have won recently and you can still get in.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    All that doesn't matter if your teams are constant losers. The truth is we have the best hockey here in Windsor Essex, Windsor Spitfires back to back memorial cup champion, Lasalle Vipers Junior B Champions and some pretty good junior C hockey teams and just across the river are the Detroit Red Wings and the tickets are affordable and they have won recently and you can still get in.

i agree ... management and ownership are the worst ... (looking at you richard peddie) ...

but it still doesn't change the fact, the city is passionate about hockey ... which is what i am getting at ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

No i agree with you. I have respect for leafs fan, my girlfriend is a leaf fan. For me, leafs fan are there own worst enemy. MLSE throws them a bone and they accept crap. If leaf fans were smarter they would stop buying merc. from the leafs until they put a winner on the ice. I have friends who everytime the leafs get something new they buy it and it doesn't make sense to me.
    fife wrote:
    No i agree with you. I have respect for leafs fan, my girlfriend is a leaf fan. For me, leafs fan are there own worst enemy. MLSE throws them a bone and they accept crap. If leaf fans were smarter they would stop buying merc. from the leafs until they put a winner on the ice. I have friends who everytime the leafs get something new they buy it and it doesn't make sense to me.

ok ... sweet ... i can stop derailing the thread ... :lol::lol:

and yeah - fuck mlse as far as i'm concerned ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

ok ... sweet ... i can stop derailing the thread ... :lol::lol:

and yeah - fuck mlse as far as i'm concerned ...

I have create a maple Leaf thread for leafs fan and non-fans. take care of it ;)
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

i think you should stop sucking on your own nipple cause its effecting your judgment :D
    fife wrote:

i think you should stop sucking on your own nipple cause its effecting your judgment :D

haha...that video proves otherwise!

and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5SnehKowM
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

fife wrote:

haha...that video proves otherwise!

and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5SnehKowM

that OK if we sucked for years in a row and had the NHL fix the draft for us too we would have won. by the way, i hear sid broke up with Mario and has moved out of his house. hopefully Sid is ok and not heart broken. :D
    fife wrote:
    that OK if we sucked for years in a row and had the NHL fix the draft for us too we would have won. by the way, i hear sid broke up with Mario and has moved out of his house. hopefully Sid is ok and not heart broken. :D

lol..now whose judgement is affected?

the flyers had their chance last year...blame Chicago

fife wrote:

lol..now whose judgement is affected?

the flyers had their chance last year...blame Chicago

what you talking about? you think it was chance that the team that was going broke ended up winning a lottery to pick Sid. come on. The flyers will make it to teh cup again this year. watch and see. Pitt has not fixed their problems yet and won't be.
    fife wrote:

what you talking about? you think it was chance that the team that was going broke ended up winning a lottery to pick Sid. come on. The flyers will make it to teh cup again this year. watch and see. Pitt has not fixed their problems yet and won't be.

i think you're delusional...the Pens finished the season before the lockout in last place and therefore had the best odds of winning the draft lottery...keep in mind they also lost the previous season's draft lottery for the right to draft Ovechkin when they also had the best odds..

prove to me that the lottery was fixed before going off like some conspiracy theorist..

i would also argue that most of the Pens serious problems have been rectified..

1. new arena? check.
    2. competitive team for years to come? check.
    3. ousting the flyers from the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years? check. :D

fife wrote:

i think you're delusional...the Pens finished the season before the lockout in last place and therefore had the best odds of winning the draft lottery...keep in mind they also lost the previous season's draft lottery for the right to draft Ovechkin when they also had the best odds..

prove to me that the lottery was fixed before going off like some conspiracy theorist..

i would also argue that most of the Pens serious problems have been rectified..

1. new arena? check.
    2. competitive team for years to come? check.
    3. ousting the flyers from the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years? check. :D

but conspiracy theories are fun :D

I was talking about on ice issues. you still don't have a player to play with sid. you have no wingers. defense is improved but not solid.
    fife wrote:
    but conspiracy theories are fun :D

I was talking about on ice issues. you still don't have a player to play with sid. you have no wingers. defense is improved but not solid.

this is true...but i think they did as well as can be expected with the off-season acquisitions..

we'll see how it plays out over the season..

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    BOB starting in Goal tonight...the russian rookie

Pronger out I believe

This could get ugly with a rookie starting and how amped the new building will be
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers