The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    leighton out a month with a back injury. that signing was questionable to begin with. any chance this russian kid makes the team and splits time with bouch?

laperrierre also out indefinitely with post-concussion symptoms. I don't think injured guys count against the cap, so it looks like guerin will just take his place. personally I wouldn't be upset if laperrierre got axed, he's ok on the pk, but doesn't bring much else to the table. I'd rather have carcillo

if leighton is out, no doubt in my mind that the russian kid will be the back up. the other guy is still coming back from hip surgery. i'd like to see the russian kid play a few games. start him out agaist a lower quality opponent (maybe the rangers or toronoto :mrgreen: ) to get his feet wet and see what he has.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    did you guys see that HBO is doing an NHL version of Hard Knocks? I just read about it in SI today. The show is gonna focus on the pens and caps so it will probably suck. I guess they had to show those teams some love since the flyboys got the Broad Street Bullies doc.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    did you guys see that HBO is doing an NHL version of Hard Knocks? I just read about it in SI today. The show is gonna focus on the pens and caps so it will probably suck. I guess they had to show those teams some love since the flyboys got the Broad Street Bullies doc.

I dont have HBO anymore but that Broad Street Bullies Doc was great

I was there for the screening at the wachovia..err Wells Fargo
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    i was kind of bummed, tv listings showed flyers / islanders game tonight. ended up with ottawa / toronto. :(

one more week
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    4 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have my draft tonight. do we know yet the lines for the flyers cause i'm trying to find out who Giroux will be playing with.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:

Fixer saw that but I think it is more like they do with the boxing where they do a lead up to the event - they are doing a series of shows leading up to the Winter Classic.

Would love to see the Russian goalie get a shot in the beginning of the season. can't believe we can go with Boucher and open-legs Leighton (hope we've seen the last of him - Cup winning goal still makes me ill) again. that is a disaster waiting to happen.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Fixer saw that but I think it is more like they do with the boxing where they do a lead up to the event - they are doing a series of shows leading up to the Winter Classic.

Would love to see the Russian goalie get a shot in the beginning of the season. can't believe we can go with Boucher and open-legs Leighton (hope we've seen the last of him - Cup winning goal still makes me ill) again. that is a disaster waiting to happen.

i doubt we have seen the last of Leighton as they just signed him for 2 years. yes sure that goal was bad but he did play well the rest of the playoffs. as for the Russian goalie he look good but he is still 22. I don't think we should rush him.
    flyers cut guerin.
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers cut guerin.

meh. i'd rather see a younger player that can develop on the roster vs somebody that is old as a dino.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers cut guerin.

meh. i'd rather see a younger player that can develop on the roster vs somebody that is old as a dino.

I hear ya. Guerin got beat out by Andres Nodl. Gotta admit I'm shocked by that one.

Bobrovsky will be the backup to start the year. That's pretty sweet
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    flyers cut guerin.

I hear ya. Guerin got beat out by Andres Nodl. Gotta admit I'm shocked by that one.

Bobrovsky will be the backup to start the year. That's pretty sweet

wet nodl...he is so friggen small, but skated hard last year

edit..dude's is 6'1" hmm he just looked small on tv.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    i was kind of bummed, tv listings showed flyers / islanders game tonight. ended up with ottawa / toronto. :(

one more week

a flyers fan in chicago

i smell fraud

:P :lol::lol:

just messin with you 81

btw- the bears cost me 20 bucks. stupid giants D. :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

one more week

a flyers fan in chicago

i smell fraud

:P :lol::lol:

just messin with you 81

btw- the bears cost me 20 bucks. stupid giants D. :lol::lol:

let me tell you something......mr metsy....

some people would call be a fraud. my sports affiliation can be confusing. and being in chicago this summer.....made me sick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

some people would call be a fraud. my sports affiliation can be confusing. and being in chicago this summer.....made me sick.
    hahahaha mr metsy

thats good 81

:thumbup:

yes your sports affiliation is very confusing. bears, bulls(assuming), cubs(assuming) and flyers(?)

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

hahahaha mr metsy

thats good 81

:thumbup:

yes your sports affiliation is very confusing. bears, bulls(assuming), cubs(assuming) and flyers(?)

Bears, Bulls, Flyers, Buckeyes. Baseball is dead to me and i hope the cubs lose 162 games each and every season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Bears, Bulls, Flyers, Buckeyes. Baseball is dead to me and i hope the cubs lose 162 games each and every season.
    sooo how did you become a flyers fan then

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

sooo how did you become a flyers fan then

grew up in a small town in ohio. we didn't have a local team, so we never got games. we would only get the game of the week, or any espn games. well, during my time growing up, Hextall was the man. I liked his attitude and they way he played goal. so i ended up a flyer fan.

Bulls and Bears are easier. I started waching basketball back when WGN carried nearly all of the Bulls games, so it was pretty easy to become a bulls fan.

Bears is sort of the same story at the Bulls. In my town, i actually had four "local" teams. Out of Toledo, we always got the Lions and Browns and out of Fort Wayne we always got the Colts and Bears. Lets just say, it was easy to become a Bears fan back then.

So there you have it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    8-)

2 more days. yesterday i had the 3rd pick overall in my pool and sadly had to take the kid. :(
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    fife wrote:
    2 more days. yesterday i had the 3rd pick overall in my pool and sadly had to take the kid. :(

Wow..some things just can't be excused

Ovechkin and who else went ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    fife wrote:

haha, my draft is tonight online at 930 (yahoo). it's not a money league...if anyone is interested let me know. might have a few spots open. just warning you now that it's a deep league (21 active spots and 3 bench spots).
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    if you're in Toronto, the Flyers/Pens game is gonna be shown in Dundas Square: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539438
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• 81 wrote:

I agree. I was in Chicago for 2 days and couldn't take that stupid Fratellis song anymore.

What's your hockey affiliation Mets dude?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    fife wrote:

Wow..some things just can't be excused

Ovechkin and who else went ?

i know i have not been able tp sleep. Ov went first and malkin 2nd. the way i look at it is if he plays well, I win alot of money if he plays like shit i have another reason to hate him.
    if you're in Toronto, the Flyers/Pens game is gonna be shown in Dundas Square: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539438

I will be there. can't wait. good to see that good hockey still lives in Toronto
    81 wrote:

I agree. I was in Chicago for 2 days and couldn't take that stupid Fratellis song anymore.

he's an Islanders fan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

he's an Islanders fan.

:lol::mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

he's an Islanders fan.

:lol::mrgreen:

but but but, they play in NY, unlike all those other NY teams that play in NJ. i can't believe a team can have a name from anouther state. unbelievable. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just saw this in the PJ banner thread but thought you all might like it

two lower level seats to a Flyers game AND two seats from the spectrum

http://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... er&appCode

if i was closer, i'd be all over this. :(

if any of you philly people want to go to one of those games, i'd be willing to buy the seats from you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    9 more hours~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on boys.