Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Gagne Tribute Video :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBGeosZULA
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    missed the game tonight due to company dinner. i'm gonna get fat at these things.

i would have loved to have seen this game. oh well. i was thinking the other night, it was weird not having simon in the line up or on IR.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ugly game....how many penalties can this team take

I think they might set a record this year

93 is looking a little better.

sat was just a bad night for sports. time to move on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    is it time for the november swoon already?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Man did pronger look bad on that goal yesterday?. Leafs play the flyers tomorrow. we can lose to that team. i won't be able to live in down for a while. also, does Richard just look tired or is it just me. no goals yet.
    fife wrote:
    Man did pronger look bad on that goal yesterday?. Leafs play the flyers tomorrow. we can lose to that team. i won't be able to live in down for a while. also, does Richard just look tired or is it just me. no goals yet.

i don't think richards looked too tired. maybe he is. shouldn't be with all the off days.

seemed like last night the flyers were dominating the puck and anaheim got lucky. it's still early and they always play crappy this time of year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i don't think richards looked too tired. maybe he is. shouldn't be with all the off days.

seemed like last night the flyers were dominating the puck and anaheim got lucky. it's still early and they always play crappy this time of year.

I don't know about Richards. he usually starts fast but not this year. I agree that they tend to always play crappy in the beginning of the year but i expect them to be offensive this year with lavi system. Giroux looks really good so i am happy. Just please beat the leafs!
    I'd also be nice to Leino get going. Clauxde might be the best skiller player hte Flyers have, at least from a skating/hands perspective.

I'm begining to agree that carter is a one trick pony.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I'd also be nice to Leino get going. Clauxde might be the best skiller player hte Flyers have, at least from a skating/hands perspective.

Carter is pissing me off. alot of talent offensively but nothing else. I wish they traded him to LA for a goalie. I don't think Bob is the answer. i see players already shooting in the 5hole for him and he can't seem to stop them.
    Bob is going to be a beast. he stopped that breakaway 5 hole shot last night. i still like him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

welcome to the dark side

giroux is absolutely their most skilled forward
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

welcome to the dark side

:lol:

sat game is on cbc. sweet. hockey night in canada rules.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

welcome to the dark side

:lol:

sat game is on cbc. sweet. hockey night in canada rules.

except for Don Cherry i would agree about HNIC. as for bob i would take your word. being in Toronto doesn't allow me to see as many flyers games as you do but have noticed alot of goals going in threw the 5 hole.
    fife wrote:
    I like Don Cherry. Don't you guys have the center ice package up there? It's the only way i see all the games here.

the ducks annoucers were talking about the 5 hole last night as well. he's given up what 11 goals in 4 games. that needs to come down a tick, but i don't think it's too bad for a first year net minder in his first 4 games. i like him better than the other choices we have
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    I like Don Cherry. Don't you guys have the center ice package up there? It's the only way i see all the games here.

the ducks annoucers were talking about the 5 hole last night as well. he's given up what 11 goals in 4 games. that needs to come down a tick, but i don't think it's too bad for a first year net minder in his first 4 games. i like him better than the other choices we have

we do have center ice but its really expensive here. can't really justify that with the mortgage and me wanting to eat once in a while. I agree with you about the other goalie's but i remember hearing rumors about the kings offering one of their goalies for carter and that would have been great. that way we could have kept Gagne.
    yeah, keeping Gagne would have been nice. :cry:

how much is center ice up there? its like 160 down here.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    yeah, keeping Gagne would have been nice. :cry:

how much is center ice up there? its like 160 down here.

160 a month down there or for the year? if it a month than we are cheaper. ours is $65 a month or something like that. I miss gange. was a good all around player whose not doing great in TB right now. really bad plus/minus which is killing me in my hockey pool
    160 for the season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    160 for the season

damm, i wish is was that here and i would get it right away.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    160 for the season

damm, i wish is was that here and i would get it right away.

i look at it as the cost of going to a game or two during the season, or a per game basis. 2 bucks a game isn't that bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i know this is a bit late but what a great game on Saturday. got into a fight with some leafs fans. Hopefully, Richards plays like this all the time. big week for our flyers. lets beat those pens now
    got the blue jackets tonight....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    make it happen Homer. Carey Price would be looking real good in orange in black right now. Missed the chance there.

COLUMBUS, Ohio _ The Flyers insist they are not having a hangover from last season's remarkable playoff run.

Could have fooled us.

Their power play has been alarmingly bad, and their offense has resembled Ryan Howard in the post-season - lots of chances, but little productivity.

They are 3-4-1 after Monday's listless 2-1 loss in Columbus, and they have failed to put together any winning streaks in eight games.

If not for Brian Boucher's oustanding goaltending, Monday's loss could have been 5-1.

Afterward, coach Peter Laviolette ripped his team in the media, saying they had no energy and no passion - and that they played "mindless" hockey.

The Flyers will try to ride this out for a while, but the hunch here is that if things don't improve by, say, Thanksgiving, major charges are in order.

The team is overloaded with quality centers. Claude Giroux, who is currenly playing out of position at RW to accomodate Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and Danny Briere aren't going anywhere.

So....

If things don't improve, Carter - who can become a restricted free agent after the season - could be offered in a trade for a much-needed, high-quality winger. (Thus far, Nik Zherdev has been a disappointment.)
  • I've never liked Carter and would have rather seen him go than Gagne. It is inconsistent and looks uninspired and lost out there way too frequently. Not to mention, I will never forgive him for having a wide open net in Game 6 and fanning on the shot.
    I've never liked Carter and would have rather seen him go than Gagne. It is inconsistent and looks uninspired and lost out there way too frequently. Not to mention, I will never forgive him for having a wide open net in Game 6 and fanning on the shot.

or getting stoned 8,147 times vs the pens in the playoffs. I've never liked him either. he's like bobby abreu, good stats that don't mean anything.
    they should be ripped.

sadly, i haven't signed up for the nhl package out of fear of having to switch from dish (potential loss of fox) to direct tv. :? i'm stuck in limbo. i'd switch today, but the gf controls the tv.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Ah!

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f5694dff970b-500wi

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f567cfdd970b-pi
    http://www.csnphilly.com/10/27/10/Agent ... feedID=695

Agent: Flyers See Progress in Carter Re-signing

Contract negotiations aimed at re-signing Flyers forward Jeff Carter have taken an upswing after weeks of slow but determined negotiations.

“You know me, I don’t say much, but I will acknowledge that I’ve had some conversations with Paul and we’re making progress,” agent Rick Curran told CSNPhilly.com on Wednesday.

“For the moment, that’s probably all I’m going to say. I don’t like to discuss negotiations.”

The Flyers, who often re-negotiate in-season with key personnel, would like to have Carter re-signed before he becomes a restricted free agent on July 1.

Curran is among the partners in The Orr Hockey Group.

That the two sides are making progress to re-sign the center-turned-winger is a positive given that two weeks ago, it didn’t appear as though any progress was being made.

“Rick’s got a lot of clients and I’ve had other things to do – it’s not like we’ve avoided each other,” said general manager Paul Holmgren. “Our club has had some issues – a lot of [crap] has been happening. A lot of [crap].”

Holmgren was referring to the numerous injuries that plagued the Flyers at season’s start, plus the poor start of the team through nine games.

This would become Carter’s third pro contract. He is in the final year of a three-year, $15 million re-sign he inked in June 2008 with a $5 million salary cap hit. His original three-year contract as a first-round draft pick in 2003 was worth $2.827 million overall.

There’s been some speculation whether the Flyers would offer Carter the kind of lengthy, long-term contract that Mike Richards got – 12 years, $69 million (December 2007).

“I’m not sure which way it’s going to go yet,” Holmgren said. “We’re looking at a couple of different things.”

Holmgren admitted the club doesn’t want to go the 12-year route like it did with Richards because of cap uncertainty in a down economy.

“That’s the hard part,” he said. “If you want a smaller cap number, you’ve got to give more years. “It’s [the balance] delicate.”

Given Carter will turn 26 this season, his next contract would push into unrestricted free agency where he has all the leverage.

It makes perfect sense for Curran to keep this new deal to three years or less on a re-signing unless the Flyers significantly up the ante given that Carter would be eligible for unrestricted free agency when he turns 27.

Curran also would not address length or what would it would take for Carter to sacrifice future unrestricted free agency on a re-signing.

“We’re moving forward and I believe we’re making progress, but that’s as far as I’ll go,” Curran said.

There is considerable concern among the fan base in Flyerdom whether the team has enough cap dollars to re-sign Carter and multi-talented 22-year-old Claude Giroux, who also will be a restricted free agent this July.

Because of pending free agents after this season, the Flyers have about $12.5 million in cap space for next season, as per capgeek.com.

“We have space,” Holmgren said of re-signing both.

Carter led the Flyers the past two seasons in goals, scoring 33 last year, a season in which he suffered two broken feet, and in 2008-09, when he scored 46 goals. Over the past three seasons, he’s averaged 36 goals and 66 points.

This season, Carter has three goals and six points in nine games, playing mostly right wing. He’s bounced around on nine different line combinations as Flyers coach Peter Laviolette is trying to find some scoring balance among his lines.

Right now, the top line of Danny Briere centering Scott Hartnell and Ville Leino leads the club with 10 goals and 19 points. There is no balance after that.

During Tuesday’s 6-3 win over Buffalo, Carter played a new line with Giroux centering him and Darroll Powe. Carter has struggled to find a comfort zone on right wing this season. He’s made it known he prefers the middle.

“All the centermen are good centermen, I like all four of those guys in the middle of the ice,” Laviolette said on Wednesday, referring to Carter, Giroux, Briere and Mike Richards, all competing for the top three lines. “Somebody has to move.

“He [Giroux] just seems to get more speed and room in the middle of the ice which is why we put him back in the middle of the ice [against Buffalo] and that moves Cartsy back on the wing.

“I talked to Jeff about him. I thought Jeff had a pretty good game [Tuesday] night that was positive. Jeff had a lot of opportunities on the night. He got himself moving and had attempts on the net. G looked good back in the middle. We’re still feeling it out here.”

Carter took defensive faceoffs over Giroux against Buffalo.

Holmgren said there is no definitive time frame here to re-sign Carter.

“Sooner or later it’s going to get done,” Holmgren said. “It’s not like it’s a hostile negotiations where it’s this or the offer is off the table. It’s not like that.”

Ah!

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f5694dff970b-500wi

6a00d83451af4b69e20133f567cfdd970b-pi

:cry: