The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Panaccio saying it's a guarantee that guerin makes the team

can't believe camp starts on saturday. feels like yesterday I was bitching about carter and leighton after game 6

Your boy just got done with his bottle of peroxide

Haha. I'm sure he has a supply for the season.

They should be good again. There was an article about that Russian goalie and how he will have a chance to compete with bouch for the backup spot. He'll probably start with the phantoms, but hopefully he can be the guy if someone gets hurt.

Along with Sergei Bobrovsky keep your eye on Mike Testwuide

He has potential to be a Mellanby type player
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    I like Mike Testwuide a lot, and saw a good bit of him in college - as much as one gets college hockey on tv anyway. But I don't think he has the scoring ability of Mellanby, despite good numbers his last year in college. I think he maxes out as a grinding third liner at 10-15 goals, and that could take a couple years of at least minor pro experience.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    my question...assuming guerin makes the team at a veteran minimum salary, who gets the axe? someone is gonna have to be cut/moved just so they can add another salary under the cap.
  • pretext wrote:
    I like Mike Testwuide a lot, and saw a good bit of him in college - as much as one gets college hockey on tv anyway. But I don't think he has the scoring ability of Mellanby, despite good numbers his last year in college. I think he maxes out as a grinding third liner at 10-15 goals, and that could take a couple years of at least minor pro experience.

Yeah..I like this kid from what I have seen

Thursday, September 16, 2010
    Testwuide impressive in rookie debut
    ARLINGTON, Va. -- Arriving at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex for his highly anticipated debut in a Flyers jersey, Mike Testwuide pulled his sweater off the hangar and was surprised to find an ‘A’ for alternate captain sewn on the front.

Ultimately, the Flyers’ rookies fell short, 4-3, in their scrimmage with the Washington Capitals’ rookies in front of approximately 1,200 fans - but the score or the result didn’t much matter.

And Testwuide didn’t disappoint in his rookie camp debut. The undrafted rookie out of Colorado College setup the Flyers’ first goal in the second period off a 2-on-1 rush with fellow undrafted rookie Ben Holmstrom.

“I thought it was a really good pace,” Testwuide said. “It was a little sloppy at times, with guys trying to do too much, but it was a really high paced game with a lot of skill and a lot of intensity.”

Eric Wellwood and Marc-Andre Bourdon scored the Flyers’ other goals, with Bourdon’s coming with just 4:35 remaining to tie the contest at three. Cody Eakin’s tally with 1:16 left sunk the Flyers.

Still, Testwuide says he can build off of a contest like this one - even though it didn’t count for as much as an NHL exhibition game. Flyers coach Peter Laviolette was on the ice with the Flyers’ rookies on Monday explaining the ins and outs of their forecheck and defensive zone play.

“This was the first time that I got to implement the systems that the Flyers have been teaching us,” Testwuide said. “It’s always good to see it in a game and read and react to the situations, under the systems that they’re teaching. It’s a great time to implement what their teaching us.”

Now, with this in-game experience under his belt, Testwuide and some of the other Flyers’ rookies won’t feel too out of place when they skate in preseason games next week.

The Flyers’ first preseason game is Tuesday night at the Wells Fargo Center against New Jersey.

“It takes a while to get used to new stuff,” he admitted. “It’s not a complicated system but it’s just new stuff.”

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... z0zjqXFtNf
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

• The Fixer wrote:
    my question...assuming guerin makes the team at a veteran minimum salary, who gets the axe? someone is gonna have to be cut/moved just so they can add another salary under the cap.

Carter ? ;)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    first pre-season game tonight! Although I'm watching the Phills game :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Sitting in the united center. Its making me feel ill
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It really takes me a while to get into hockey, especially with the Phils' annual playoffs runs of late. it seems like it was last week that I was switching between Game 1 & the Perfect Game.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • I wanna see more of this Russian kid in goal

Pre-season hockey is the worst but I usually key on a few guys and see how they look

I wanna see more of this Russian kid in goal

Pre-season hockey is the worst but I usually key on a few guys and see how they look

saw he got the win in the shootout the other night. did you watch any of the game? I just saw the highlights
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I wanna see more of this Russian kid in goal

saw he got the win in the shootout the other night. did you watch any of the game? I just saw the highlights

I was flipping between the Phils and Flyers

He looked pretty good from what I saw...A-typical butterfly style goalie

It seemed to me he was going down too quick but that can be worked on

He's definitely worth watching in camp

• first game tonight pain :mrgreen:

finally hockey is back..after 2 months off :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So i just got 2 tickets for Free to see our beloved Flyers playing against the hated Maple leafs. i think i am behind the leaf bench.
    fife wrote:
    So i just got 2 tickets for Free to see our beloved Flyers playing against the hated Maple leafs. i think i am behind the leaf bench.

regular season? 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

2 Games on my Partial Plan are against the Rags

2 wins I mean..

8-)

Maybe someday the Rangers will make the playoffs. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

regular season? 8-)

yes, my friend works for a bank and he put his name down for their seat and we got it. i also have tickets for tomorrow pre-season game.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    The Leafs just gave you a preview of what will transpire this season. The Buds are just getting their engines primed. GO LEAFS GO! :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2

2 Games on my Partial Plan are against the Rags

2 wins I mean..

8-)

1-0 baby :mrgreen:

devils top line is sick

all 3 scored last night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 1-0 baby :mrgreen:

devils top line is sick

all 3 scored last night

Wow, I'm scared. :lol:

• 1-0 baby :mrgreen:

devils top line is sick

all 3 scored last night

Wow, I'm scared. :lol:

just another philly team who dogged the championship last year..
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

regular season? 8-)

yes, my friend works for a bank and he put his name down for their seat and we got it. i also have tickets for tomorrow pre-season game.

8-) all we get is Cubs tickets.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    BLACK35 wrote:
    The Leafs just gave you a preview of what will transpire this season. The Buds are just getting their engines primed. GO LEAFS GO! :D

i suppose you could say they looked ok agaist the Phantoms.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BLACK35 wrote:

The Pre-Season is definitely the Leafs time of year

:P

regular season? 8-)[/quote]

yes, my friend works for a bank and he put his name down for their seat and we got it. i also have tickets for tomorrow pre-season game.[/quote]

8-) all we get is Cubs tickets.[/quote]

wow i feel bad for you now. :D
    81 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

funny, but man did JVR look bad on that penalty shot.
    BLACK35 wrote:

i was going to insult you but since you live in Hutton i think you been through enough. ;)
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

funny, but man did JVR look bad on that penalty shot.

alot of them did. Carter was the only one that seemed to know exactly what he wanted to do on his shot.

Why did they put Carcillo out for one. He's got hands made of rocks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    leighton out a month with a back injury. that signing was questionable to begin with. any chance this russian kid makes the team and splits time with bouch?

laperrierre also out indefinitely with post-concussion symptoms. I don't think injured guys count against the cap, so it looks like guerin will just take his place. personally I wouldn't be upset if laperrierre got axed, he's ok on the pk, but doesn't bring much else to the table. I'd rather have carcillo
  • I'm guessing with Lappy out Guerin is a shoe in for making the team. I feel bad for Lappy.