The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    you forgot Briere and Giroux at the wings

I think Briere plays center after his play off run.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    you forgot Briere and Giroux at the wings

they'll both be in the middle

richards, briere, giroux, betts will be the 4 centers

carter, hartnell, leino, jvr, shelly, powe, carcillo...they need another winger badly (assuming gagne gets moved)
    This is clearly a cap move for the flyers wouldnt be surprised if they only get Picks back for Gagne

Then they sign MARTY TURCO as their Number 1 Goalie at about 3-4mil a year

I don't want Turco,Thomas or Nabby...if I'm getting a goalie I want a young guy that can be here for awhile and grow

I hope Im wrong about Turco but that's what is out there and I heard he wants to come here now

I completely agree. though gagne to the kings rumor is still out there
    Now this is turning into a Soap Opera with Gagne...keep hearing different things by the day

From Tim Panaccio's Twitter :

Rumors that the Philadelphia Flyers are trying to clear salary cap room not for a goalie, but for Bobby Ryan.

:wtf:
    Bobby ryan would be awesome. Talk about a local kid he'd be awesome on a line with giroux.

that would be unreal. gotta think it would take a lot more than gagne to get ryan though right?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Simmonds would be awesome if they can swing that

http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... to-pick-up

The Flyers' attempts to clear space under the salary cap by trading veteran left wing Simon Gagne appear to be indirectly related to the New Jersey Devils' attempt to re-sign Ilya Kovalchuk.

The Devils reportedly are close to signing Kovalchuk to a seven-year, $60 million extension. Once that deal is finalized, other NHL teams in the running for Kovalchuk -- namely, the Los Angeles Kings and New York Islanders -- will need to look in another direction to add offense.

The Kings currently have $17 million in cap space and are believed to be interested in acquiring Gagne, who has one year remaining on a contract that pays him $5.25 million a season.

The Islanders, Avalanche, Thrashers and Blues might also be in a position to add Gagne's salary.

Gagne has agreed to lift his no-trade clause and likely has given Flyers GM Paul Holmgren a list of teams for whom he would play.

Los Angeles remains the most likely destination because of Gagne's relationship with assistant general manager Ron Hextall, head coach Terry Murray and assistant coach John Stevens, all of whom worked with the Flyers during Gagne's playing career here.

If the Flyers are able to work out a deal with the Kings, the player that interests them the most is believed to be rugged right wing Wayne Simmonds, a 6-foot-2, 183-pounder who recorded 16 goals, 24 assists, 116 penalty minutes and was a plus-22 last season. Simmonds, 21, is entering the final year of a contract that pays him $821,667.

If the Flyers can trade Gagne without taking on too much salary they can use the additional space to sign free-agent goaltender Marty Turco to a two- or three-year contract with a cap hit in the $2.5-$3 million range.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

The Flyers' attempts to clear space under the salary cap by trading veteran left wing Simon Gagne appear to be indirectly related to the New Jersey Devils' attempt to re-sign Ilya Kovalchuk.

The Devils reportedly are close to signing Kovalchuk to a seven-year, $60 million extension. Once that deal is finalized, other NHL teams in the running for Kovalchuk -- namely, the Los Angeles Kings and New York Islanders -- will need to look in another direction to add offense.

The Kings currently have $17 million in cap space and are believed to be interested in acquiring Gagne, who has one year remaining on a contract that pays him $5.25 million a season.

The Islanders, Avalanche, Thrashers and Blues might also be in a position to add Gagne's salary.

Gagne has agreed to lift his no-trade clause and likely has given Flyers GM Paul Holmgren a list of teams for whom he would play.

Los Angeles remains the most likely destination because of Gagne's relationship with assistant general manager Ron Hextall, head coach Terry Murray and assistant coach John Stevens, all of whom worked with the Flyers during Gagne's playing career here.

If the Flyers are able to work out a deal with the Kings, the player that interests them the most is believed to be rugged right wing Wayne Simmonds, a 6-foot-2, 183-pounder who recorded 16 goals, 24 assists, 116 penalty minutes and was a plus-22 last season. Simmonds, 21, is entering the final year of a contract that pays him $821,667.

If the Flyers can trade Gagne without taking on too much salary they can use the additional space to sign free-agent goaltender Marty Turco to a two- or three-year contract with a cap hit in the $2.5-$3 million range.

gotta admit I've never heard of Simmonds. If you say that's good, I trust you...you know your shit. I'd still rather see carter go than gagne
    The Fixer wrote:

gotta admit I've never heard of Simmonds. If you say that's good, I trust you...you know your shit. I'd still rather see carter go than gagne

Yeah the kid is a blossoming power forward..2 good things if it happens 1)We desperately need a RIght Handed Shot from the wing 2)Perfect fit with Richards line..he likes to hit making some room for Richie

Well this out of no where !

Looks like the Flyers are signing Nikolai Zherdev

Last played for the Rangers then went to the KHL (Russian League)

He's a RW...compare him to Joffrey Lupul I would say

I guess the Simmonds deal ain't happening :sigh:

this have any impact on whether or not carcillo comes back?
    The Fixer wrote:

this have any impact on whether or not carcillo comes back?

I think Car Bomb is gone..they have Powe to re-sign also who is a good on the PK

Plus, I heard they are negotiating with Asham to come back

If they sign Asham and already have Shelley I don't see Carcillo coming back

I just hope we're not shipping out Gagne and this is the final result

Zherdev is a lazy player who floats a lot..just what this team doesn't need more of

Zherdev is a lazy player who floats a lot..just what this team doesn't need more of

yeah, high pick that doesn't give a solid effort. european pat falloon

anyone see that kovalchuk said he's contemplating 1 year offers? and the flyers are one of the teams in the running
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, high pick that doesn't give a solid effort. european pat falloon

anyone see that kovalchuk said he's contemplating 1 year offers? and the flyers are one of the teams in the running

I hope not concerning Kovalchuk unless we have and then trade him to the Kings for a goalie.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Gagne says he hasn't granted any drop of his no-trade, but he understands the situation.
    Gagne says he hasn't granted any drop of his no-trade, but he understands the situation.

they need to trade the frosted tipped queer carter
    The Fixer wrote:

they need to trade the frosted tipped queer carter

Walking douche.
    Come on flyers, get the trade done with the Kings. Hova is out again.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326941

I want a goalie or a winger
    fife wrote:

ask and you shall receive...zherdev locked up for 1 year
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

just got the email....

numbers are decent, but clearly, not up to 4th overall standards, but then again, he was playing for Columbus and the Rangers. should be a 100 point man on the Flyers. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So what are they looking to get for Gagne? I mean now, with all that's gone down in the past couple weeks?
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

just got the email....

numbers are decent, but clearly, not up to 4th overall standards, but then again, he was playing for Columbus and the Rangers. should be a 100 point man on the Flyers. :lol:

Nice video here of his skill...shame he doesn't show it every night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YmD_t4q ... tube_gdata

So what are they looking to get for Gagne? I mean now, with all that's gone down in the past couple weeks?

I think it's more of a salary dump

Prospects maybe picks back

BTW I hear Zherdev is good friends with Kovalchuk...if he doesn't sign with NJ and the Flyers can clear space...

STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPEN !!!

BTW I hear Zherdev is good friends with Kovalchuk...if he doesn't sign with NJ and the Flyers can clear space...

I hope not. I don't want Kovalchuk on the team. I agree that trading gagne is a salary dump. we have to resign Claude, Leino and JVR soon.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,363
    fife wrote:

I hope not. I don't want Kovalchuk on the team. I agree that trading gagne is a salary dump. we have to resign Claude, Leino and JVR soon.

Kovalchuk's teams never win anything. Coincidence???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    carcillo signed for 1 year

looks like a cost-cutting trade is imminent (still hoping it's carter)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    carcillo signed for 1 year

that's a shame
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    What I think the hold up is with Gagne or Carter being moved is Kovy

If he signs with LA they wont trade with the Flyers but if he signs with NJ I'm sure LA will still be looking

Something tells me after this long wait he ends up in the KHL

CAR to retire Brind'Amour's number in a game against the Flyers

I was always Ok with Rod

The dude is a warrior that's for sure

If he signs with LA they wont trade with the Flyers but if he signs with NJ I'm sure LA will still be looking

now that Kovy is done. how fast does Homi trade carter or gagne to LA?
    fife wrote:

now that Kovy is done. how fast does Homi trade carter or gagne to LA?

not long...gagne to TB is done. I'm surprised he accepted a trade to tampa