The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Thru 2 Zepp is playing great. Need to tie this up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    this can't be right, 7-2 flyers in the 2nd period against Tampa Bay? :-O

probably won't score the rest of January - ha ha

well so far they are right on course for that yFJzr0B.gif
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    this can't be right, 7-2 flyers in the 2nd period against Tampa Bay? :-O

probably won't score the rest of January - ha ha

well so far they are right on course for that yFJzr0B.gif

Was just coming in here to quote myself =))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Flat out awful product.
    I sure hope some vets are dealt at the deadline, this rebuild needs some more young pieces.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    we scored twice tonight! :-O Let's see if they can win it now
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    The sabres are going well out of their way to ensure worst in the league
  • Options
    Brutal game between two bad teams. It's a shame this wasted season is only gonna yield us a #8- 10 overall draft pick.
    This trade deadline will be interesting I expect the Flyers to try and be sellers. The questions is, do they have anything anyone else even wants?
  • Options
    Yeah sure. Schenn, couturier, simmonds, giroux. Hell, maybe someone would take a flyer on lacavalier if the flyers would eat some of his cap number.

Not a lot of teams want to part with 1st rounders this year because it promises to be a great year for round 1. There are a ton of teams though who perceive themselves as contenders.
  • Options
    Giroux and Simmonds are going nowhere. One of Couturier and Schenn could be dealt, but I doubt it, even though I'm not all that impressed with either of them. LeCavalier for sure.
    Flyers have an abundance of Defense, thats where they would like to lose some players, but terrible contracts given out by Holmgren will limit that possibility.
    Streit has a decent contract and is playing very well, I could see him being dealt.
  • Options
    Right now, that trade and signing of A. Macdonald from the Islanders has been a complete failure(That contract value and length is brutal)
    Article on Hextalls willingness to deal.
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2015/01/18/ron-hextall-philadelphia-trades-connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel/21954313/
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    If I am looking to trade here are the players that I think we can actually get rid of.

both scheen brothers, matt read, Mark strait, coburn, grossman.

I think think anyone is going to trade for vinny.

the good news that we have is that our 3 young dman are rated high.
  • Options
    the good news is it is a great year to be anywhere in the top 10. Top 5 is loaded and all #1s in many other years. McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, Hanifin.

http://thehockeywriters.com/2015-nhl-mock-draft-new-years-edition/

it would be a good time for the Flyers to throw in the towel for this season.
  • Options
    This team stinks
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Gettting owned by a Superior Islander team.
    Craig Berube is so far over his head as a head coach. His brand of passive hockey is going to get someone killed on this team. This is the softest Flyers team I have possibly ever seen.
  • Options
    Come out fired up and beat the Pens
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    I love beating the Pens. Entertaining game. Bit of a circus act in the 2nd, but a win.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Where has that toughness been the last 2 years? Always seem to come up big against the Pens.
    It's amazing what hitting and ferocity do to an opponents game.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812
    fife wrote: »
    If I am looking to trade here are the players that I think we can actually get rid of.

You didn't put any of your good players on that list? I know you dont want to trade the guys who are good but that is often how you get the picks you want and package the trash you dont want.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Mike Richards placed on Waivers by the Kings.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,812

Don't know why they did this -- must be more back story than 'he sucks.' He sucked last year too and was nails come playoff time. Makes their decision to not dump him in the offseason when they had a chance very foolish. As a Kings fan I hate to see him go -- gotta be something behind the scenes as he said all of the right things publicly about his struggles and acceptance of less time, scratches, etc...
    Shit, the team is rocked by injuries/suspensions, etc...I trust Dean/Darryl but this is a head scratcher. On our books for 5 more years I believe!
  • Options

Don't know why they did this -- must be more back story than 'he sucks.' He sucked last year too and was nails come playoff time. Makes their decision to not dump him in the offseason when they had a chance very foolish. As a Kings fan I hate to see him go -- gotta be something behind the scenes as he said all of the right things publicly about his struggles and acceptance of less time, scratches, etc...
    Shit, the team is rocked by injuries/suspensions, etc...I trust Dean/Darryl but this is a head scratcher. On our books for 5 more years I believe!

I believe he's making %5.75 per year too
    His body has worn down big time and he's a shell of the player he used to be.
    That decision to resign him may be a huge mistake by Lombardi.
  • Options
    playing much better the past few weeks. Good news about Kimmo and nice win against Washington. Hi Stevie G 4FVerJo.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    and just when we start getting our shit together we lose Mason image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

You didn't put any of your good players on that list? I know you dont want to trade the guys who are good but that is often how you get the picks you want and package the trash you dont want.

to be honest, of course the flyers have very good players that many teams would want but I tried to put players that i can see the flyers trying to trade not who I would trade. the flyers have a good group of young forwards and a group of what looks to be good dman coming up. I don't see why the flyers would make major changes. I see the flyers being a contender in about 3 years

I would love to trade vinny but I don't see anyone wanting him. all the players listed to be traded would get something back from teams without disrupting the teams growth
  • Options
    fife said:

to be honest, of course the flyers have very good players that many teams would want but I tried to put players that i can see the flyers trying to trade not who I would trade. the flyers have a good group of young forwards and a group of what looks to be good dman coming up. I don't see why the flyers would make major changes. I see the flyers being a contender in about 3 years

I would love to trade vinny but I don't see anyone wanting him. all the players listed to be traded would get something back from teams without disrupting the teams growth

Trust in Hextall, he is going to do it right.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Brutal game between two bad teams. It's a shame this wasted season is only gonna yield us a #8- 10 overall draft pick.

This trade deadline will be interesting I expect the Flyers to try and be sellers. The questions is, do they have anything anyone else even wants?

hopefully they find a team dumb enough to overpay via trade for streit based on his inflated point total.

also, trade all of the defensemen on the roster not named manning
  • Options

and just when we start getting our shit together we lose Mason image

probably a blessing in disguise. even with their recent mirage of a winning streak, they are a long shot for the playoffs. And even if they sneak in they will be lucky to win a round.

not easy to watch, but they're better off losing out rest of the year and bettering their draft spot.

now start dumping guys hextall!!
  • Options
    there is not alot of players that the Flyers would want to trade that other will want for the price the flyers paid them.

lets be realistic, the cap is not going to go as high as some first thought and many cap teams are going to have to get rid of some players that have higher value than the flyers dman.
  • Options
    Yeah. You want to end up in the top 7 this year. Decent dropoff after that.

It's going to be tough to get a 1st from a non playoff team as it's pretty clearly delineated now in the easT. And also, because of thst, there is a lot of competition in the sellers market. A decent player on the last year of a deal will be easy to move. Like fife is saying, If a guy has years left, it had better be a decent rate and term.... or a very good player. Canadian dollar has dipped. No more compliance buyouts. Cant bury guys in the ahl. People are cautious with future years.

• Options
    flyers gave up a second rounder in the macdonald trade (ughhhh -- he's so terrible), so even if they have to eat some money in order to acquire draft picks...that's what they should do.

hopefully they are active over the next 3-4 weeks