The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

looking good tonight

Nobody cares Dave. B-)
    I care. They are looking good.
    he's just jealous cause we are better than the Rangers ;)
    Jealous of the flyers? HELL NO! But my rangers def do sux right now.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pjhawks said:

so the top 2 defense prospects have both gotten hurt this year. man that sucks. i guess Hextall will hold Gostibehere back in the minors for another year now too.

team is playing pretty solidly right now. still think the D sucks though.

i don't think its a bad thing that the 2 young dman are staying back. defense is the hardest position to play, we don't want another L. Schen issue in the future.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    fife said:

pjhawks said:

so the top 2 defense prospects have both gotten hurt this year. man that sucks. i guess Hextall will hold Gostibehere back in the minors for another year now too.

i don't think its a bad thing that the 2 young dman are staying back. defense is the hardest position to play, we don't want another L. Schen issue in the future.
    can't say about Morin but have seen Gostibehere a few times and he has 1000x more talent than Luke Schenn. Let's hope the torn ACL doesn't affect him long term. some young guys are just talented enough to play right in the NHL. Florida is playing an 18 year defensemen 20 minutes a night and didn't Seth Jones played a ton last year?

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

can't say about Morin but have seen Gostibehere a few times and he has 1000x more talent than Luke Schenn. Let's hope the torn ACL doesn't affect him long term. some young guys are just talented enough to play right in the NHL. Florida is playing an 18 year defensemen 20 minutes a night and didn't Seth Jones played a ton last year?

Wait, Ghost got hurt?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

Wait, Ghost got hurt?
    yup torn ACL over the weekend.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

Wait, Ghost got hurt?
    yup torn ACL over the weekend.
    Damn.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

I understand what you are saying but Florida is a much different situation than the flyers and Seth Jones is a much better dman than Ghost is. is it very rare that you get a dman who plays right away.

I think if you ask the Oilers, they would have loved not to play their young players right away and would rather sent them back to the minors.
  • Options
    fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

I understand what you are saying but Florida is a much different situation than the flyers and Seth Jones is a much better dman than Ghost is. is it very rare that you get a dman who plays right away.

I think if you ask the Oilers, they would have loved not to play their young players right away and would rather sent them back to the minors.
    yes florida doesn't have a bunch of average to below-average veterans filling their roster like the flyers do.

i'm not saying all young guys can play right away but all indications were that Gostibehere was one of the most effective d-man in training camp and the only reason Hextall sent him down was because of his age and lack of experience.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

yes florida doesn't have a bunch of average to below-average veterans filling their roster like the flyers do.

i'm not saying all young guys can play right away but all indications were that Gostibehere was one of the most effective d-man in training camp and the only reason Hextall sent him down was because of his age and lack of experience.
    I would say that Florida is rebuilding and actually have worse defense than the flyers and that is why they can start a 18 year old dman.

my question is who would you take out to put Ghost in?
  • Options
    fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

I would say that Florida is rebuilding and actually have worse defense than the flyers and that is why they can start a 18 year old dman.

before injury...luke schenn or grossman. never been a fan of luke schenn. and no reason to have schultz or the new guy they just signed over ghost before the injury. signing those types of guys is why this franchise has perpetual cap issues. at some point you have to stop with the older average veterans and trust some young guys and let them play through some issues early in the season.

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Bernie Parent was on Stern today. Bernie hits Howard with this gem: "Howard there's an unwritten law when a man reaches 60. The woman must always be on top" :))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

before injury...luke schenn or grossman. never been a fan of luke schenn. and no reason to have schultz or the new guy they just signed over ghost before the injury. signing those types of guys is why this franchise has perpetual cap issues. at some point you have to stop with the older average veterans and trust some young guys and let them play through some issues early in the season.

I agree in a way and I find that the flyers take my more chances on young forwards but i do think that keeping some players who are good prospects in the minors to be the best way. just like how the Red wings do.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited November 2014
    MDZ has played great for the Flyers so far this year.

Parent on Stern: Most women at a time was 5....he has a big dick...lives on a Boat..likes to talk about Pussy in the morning.... Used to have B-Cup Man tits when he was playing...
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    You guys are aware that L. Schenn is now injured as well?
    Ghost was way too small to be playing in the NHL for a full year...and now his development will be longer.
    He def has the skill to play at the Po Level, he just needs to bulk up.
  • Options

MDZ has played great for the Flyers so far this year.

Parent on Stern: Most women at a time was 5....he has a big dick...lives on a Boat..likes to talk about Pussy in the morning.... Used to have B-Cup Man tits when he was playing...

ah good to see Stern's shtick hasn't changed in 25 years
  • Options
    Congrats to Eric Lindros and John LeClair for going into the Flyers Hall of Fame tonight.

Lindros was my all time favorite Flyer. Probably the most talented and dominate player when healthy this franchise has ever had. Shame his mom had to be nuts and Clarkie had to be such a dick.

As for LeClair 3 straight 50 goal seasons for the Flyers. I doubt we will see anyone do that again anytime in the next 25 years.

really looking forward to the ceremony tonight.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Congrats to Eric Lindros and John LeClair for going into the Flyers Hall of Fame tonight.

Lindros was my all time favorite Flyer. Probably the most talented and dominate player when healthy this franchise has ever had. Shame his mom had to be nuts and Clarkie had to be such a dick.

As for LeClair 3 straight 50 goal seasons for the Flyers. I doubt we will see anyone do that again anytime in the next 25 years.

now only if the HHOF can get their asses out of the sand and put Lindros in the hall where he belongs.
  • Options
    fife said:

pjhawks said:

now only if the HHOF can get their asses out of the sand and put Lindros in the hall where he belongs.
    Dude, lindros could've been the most dominating player of all time. Big E was the total fucken package. Being a rangers fan, I can only have dreamed about having him in the blueshirt in his prime. The guy was a BEAST!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

Dude, lindros could've been the most dominating player of all time. Big E was the total fucken package. Being a rangers fan, I can only have dreamed about having him in the blueshirt in his prime. The guy was a BEAST!
    I agree, i think its a scam that he is not in the HHOF. I think him not being in has more to do with politics than him as a player. he was one of my favorite players to watch even when he was with St. Mikes.
  • Options
    fife said:

badbrains said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

I agree, i think its a scam that he is not in the HHOF. I think him not being in has more to do with politics than him as a player. he was one of my favorite players to watch even when he was with St. Mikes.
    he is borderline because the career numbers just don't add up compared to others because his career was cut short. i believe he should get in and i believe he will get in in the next few years.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,302
    haven't played too well in the past few games
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

haven't played too well in the past few games

If they don't play well tonight Hexy may blow a couple of gaskets :))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    fife said:

badbrains said:

fife said:

pjhawks said:

Nobody was better when he was in his prime. That legion of doom line tore apart my rangers BAD! It hurts to this day. Big E no doubt belongs in the hof. Imagine what his numbers would've been like had he stayed healthy. Fuck politics in sports! (Shhhh, Don't bang your teammates wife) =))
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,816
    Took the wife (loves the Flyers, Big E is her favorite all time player) to the game last night. Growing up in VT a few years behind LeClair he was a state hero after what he did in the Finals for Montreal and then rooted for the Legion of Doom even though the Flyers were not my team. Loved that stuff and always rooted for LeClair. Wore my UVM sweater and a few people recognized it as a LeClair jersey...pretty cool.

What a travesty to end the game. Flyers outplayed them but the Flyers are slow and overall, not quite talented enough. Sucked to see them cough it up with 45 seconds left.

93 is a fucking stud and after seeing them live 3x this year he jumps out as the best player on the ice in person.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Took the wife (loves the Flyers, Big E is her favorite all time player) to the game last night. Growing up in VT a few years behind LeClair he was a state hero after what he did in the Finals for Montreal and then rooted for the Legion of Doom even though the Flyers were not my team. Loved that stuff and always rooted for LeClair. Wore my UVM sweater and a few people recognized it as a LeClair jersey...pretty cool.

What a travesty to end the game. Flyers outplayed them but the Flyers are slow and overall, not quite talented enough. Sucked to see them cough it up with 45 seconds left.

93 is a fucking stud and after seeing them live 3x this year he jumps out as the best player on the ice in person.

93 is def gonna be the man REAL soon. But whenever I see a #93, I think of nedved, hahaha, try to get that loser out of your head! Haha
  • Options
    Berube calling out players again, and a players only meeting...
    Somethings gonna happen, not sure what though. This is just an extremely mediocre to bad team with a ton of overpaid players with average or less talent. No one should really be surprised.
  • Options
    Berube might not make it out of this Rangers game. The complete lack of compete in these games is astonishing!
    I know this isnt a skilled team, but the effort should be there and that isnt there either. Scary.
    It's a one line team with a below average defense.
  • Options
    No heart...team has no heart
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

No heart...team has no heart

I'm not saying shit till final whistle blows.
  • Options
    They just gave up a 3 on 1 SH'd goal.
    They are 10 minutes away from being shut out by Cam Talbot...Cam Talbot, in a week.
    This is easily one of the worst Flyer teams in years...