Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Darren Dreger ✔ @DarrenDreger
    Lecavalier's agent, Kent Hughes has permission to speak to teams re: trade. Vinny gets a $2 mil bonus on July 1, so trade before is tough.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Any confirmation on Giroux being arrested for playing grab ass with some cops?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Not sure but it sounds funny.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/report-claude-giroux-arrested-ottawa

looks like story is true.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,629
    After the free agency bloodbath the Pens went through yesterday I couldnt ask for a better news story.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,818
    pjhawks said:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/report-claude-giroux-arrested-ottawa

looks like story is true.
    ??
    :))
    We all love hockey but any of us that have had the chance to interact with many of the players will admit that the bar is pretty low when it these guys.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    rumor that Vinny is going to be traded this weekend. heard it might be to Ottawa.

maybe get a draft pick or something or a 4th liner
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    fife said:

rumor that Vinny is going to be traded this weekend. heard it might be to Ottawa.

maybe get a draft pick or something or a 4th liner

I just read the opposite. Ottawa wants Philly to eat half the contract and take back a contract. HockeyBuzz.com and Bill Meltzer's column everyday is great.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Boomer just said on the radio that he heard evander Kane to flyers is being talked about. That would def strengthen your team. Who would be leaving to accommodate this possible trade?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    The Flyers are over the cap and Kane makes over $5 Million.

Nobody is taking bad contracts/mistakes, so they would likely need to give up a decent player or 2 who is paid well. Whether those are part of a Kane trade or separate. The price for Kane will likely be very high. 2015 1st and Brayden Schenn?

By then, is getting E. Kane even worth it?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Kane with G would be nasty.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

The Flyers are over the cap and Kane makes over $5 Million.

Nobody is taking bad contracts/mistakes, so they would likely need to give up a decent player or 2 who is paid well. Whether those are part of a Kane trade or separate. The price for Kane will likely be very high. 2015 1st and Brayden Schenn?

By then, is getting E. Kane even worth it?

if Philly gets Kane for 1 st rounder and Schenn I would make that trade right now. I don't see the jets just wanting them. Kane is a star in the making and might even be a star now if he was not playing in Winnipeg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then they would have to get rid of someone else who is good to clear cap space.

Not to mention that 2015 is supposed to be the best and deepest draft in over a decade... and the flyers already donked off their 2nd and 3rd rounders, and face it... there is a decent chance that 1st rounder is a lottery pick for McDavid/Eichel.

edit: just looked it up and they got San Jose's 3rd rounder.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Kane is not coming to Philly, unless some $$ is moved out. No more draft picks are gonna be thrown around under Hextall.

For those interested, a nice summary of last nights Season Ticket Holders meetings with Flyers management. Some good tidbits....seems like Berube really wasnt a big fan of Hartnell.

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.ph...ll-2014-recap/
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Not to mention that 2015 is supposed to be the best and deepest draft in over a decade... and the flyers already donked off their 2nd and 3rd rounders, and face it... there is a decent chance that 1st rounder is a lottery pick for McDavid/Eichel.

Yep, in the Tye McGinn trade.
  • Options
    Yeah. Point being, E Kane is going to cost a 2015 McDavid lottery ticket +. No way Hextall willingly sits idle until San Jose's 3rd rounder. Philly already has a better, stronger, smarter simlar forward without the baggage in Simmonds.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

sorry maybe I am just tired but are you saying that the flyers will be near the bottom of the NHL this year and hence might have a chance at a lottery pick? I don't see that happening.

I still see the flyers being in the playoffs this year.
  • Options
    Just need to miss the playoffs for a lottery pick, and they increased the odds across the board so #17 in the NHL has a better chance than in the past...

As far as the Flyers go, I think there is a very good chance that Colombus passes them by and the Rangers and Penguins stay up top. The Devils also should have a good look at the playoffs... The Flyers should be better than Wash, Car, and NYI (although NYI could be a darkhorse).... but they would have to also beat out the 5th place team from the "Atlantic" which I believe will be a race between Detroit, FLoLrida (who should be good), and maybe Toronto (who I doubt).

So I believe the Flyers to be on the cusp of the playoffs in the East or Wales or whatever its called...

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

Just need to miss the playoffs for a lottery pick, and they increased the odds across the board so #17 in the NHL has a better chance than in the past...

As far as the Flyers go, I think there is a very good chance that Colombus passes them by and the Rangers and Penguins stay up top. The Devils also should have a good look at the playoffs... The Flyers should be better than Wash, Car, and NYI (although NYI could be a darkhorse).... but they would have to also beat out the 5th place team from the "Atlantic" which I believe will be a race between Detroit, FLoLrida (who should be good), and maybe Toronto (who I doubt).

So I believe the Flyers to be on the cusp of the playoffs in the East or Wales or whatever its called...

Wait, Florida is supposed to be good?? Maybe u meant Tampa? I can't see panthers be good at all.
  • Options
    Florida can be solid

Barkov, Huberdeau, Bolland, Jokinen, Campbell, just got Willie Mitchell... Ekblad, Gubranson for a bridge, Brad Boyes can be decent when producing.
    Luongo and Ellis/Montoya in net
    A bit of sandpaper who are also useful with Upshall and Shawn Thornton

They wont be a bottom feeder IMO (Ottawa and Buffalo, possibly Toronto will be at the bottom of the Atlantic). Florida may be in a position to be duking it out with the likes of Detroit, Philly, NYI, NJ, Columbus for a wild card spot.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    "ice guys," huh?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Let's get Flyer'd Up!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    I hear that Wayne is playing tonight. thats good news. i just want to see how the d plays.

I still think we are looking at a wild card for the play offs but for some reason I have faith that Hextall will be great in Philly as GM.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,838
    I gotta go to the game tomorrow night.

Yay?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311

Yay?

i would!

Let's go Flyers!!!! :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Yay?

It's hockey, can't be that bad. Oh wait, it's philly, nevermind hahaha. Enjoy man
  • Options
    Mason played really well yesterday. i found the second period was pretty good. they got the forecheck going strong. another game tonight against the devils.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,838
    badbrains said:

Yay?

It's hockey, can't be that bad. Oh wait, it's philly, nevermind hahaha. Enjoy man
    Everything about this sentence doesn't make sense.

Hockey - take it or leave it.

Philly - won't find a better place to watch any sport.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    played pretty well last night, just boston played better. Devils tonight. I can't believe Jagr is still playing.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly