The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    so... does this team have any shot at the playoffs?

looks like they're closer to dead last in the conference than the 8th seed... :?
    Its a pipe dream at this point.

8 Games to go.. 7 Points behind the 8th place Rangers.

On the other side, they are 5 points ahead of the team with the most ping pong balls in the draft.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Lowest 5 teams(right now) with most ping pong balls:

5. Flyers
    4.Calgary
    3.Carolina
    2.Colorado
    1. Florida
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    So Bob is the #1 rated goalie right now. :fp: :lol::cry:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    So Bob is the #1 rated goalie right now. :fp: :lol::cry:
    While he is playing great, he wouldnt be the #1 rated goalie behind this clubs defense.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Does Mason start tonight against NYR or Bryz ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Does Mason start tonight against NYR or Bryz ?
    Mason
    Lowest 5 teams(right now) with most ping pong balls:

5. TB
    4.Calgary
    3.Carolina
    2.Colorado
    1. Florida

8. Flyers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I still like what this team has done this year. Season was a disaster with the stupid schedule and injuries, but they kept all the young guys together at the deadline. And I like the mason move a lot.

Amnesty Bryz and especially Briere (thanks for coming off the IR turdboy). Rebuild the defense...sign another vet goalie to compete/share time with Mason...grab a couple of vet wings. This team is pointed in the right direction.
    Mason played off the hook..stole a game for the team.

Play him the rest of the season...even though I want a good pick.

5 games to go. 5 Pts behind Rangers
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130 ... _here.html

Flyers fan loses both legs in bomb blasts
    Well, no playoffs this year.

4 games to go...hopefully we get a decent draft pick.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    lets start the whats next this summer for the flyers thread.

Will they buy out Ilya?

what do you do about the D if anything?

I would kept the coaches but would you?

do we need more forwards?
    I'm so burnt out on this team right now.
    The fact that they ended up with the 11th pick didnt help either. Sad thing is, all signs point to Bryz being back next year.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    like i've been saying ... you guys need to find someone to replace pronger ... that's the key piece you're missing ...
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    like i've been saying ... you guys need to find someone to replace pronger ... that's the key piece you're missing ...

they tried ... by offering weber a ridiculous last summer instead of waiting to see if he decided to test the FA market this summer ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    1.5% is going to hit

Flyers 1st pick :)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    so the goaltender the flyers got rid of, in favor of the guy they are now thinking about amnestying, is now considered one of the best goalie's in the nhl?

admittedly, i don't know a god damn thing about this sport. but it seems like a lot of hockey fans around here sure give this franchise way too much leeway.
    www.myspace.com
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    so the goaltender the flyers got rid of, in favor of the guy they are now thinking about amnestying, is now considered one of the best goalie's in the nhl?

admittedly, i don't know a god damn thing about this sport. but it seems like a lot of hockey fans around here sure give this franchise way too much leeway.

Not 81, he boycotted the season I believe. Although there's a rumor going around that he's a die hard rangers fan! What's up 81? :wave: :thumbup:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    badbrains wrote:

Not 81, he boycotted the season I believe. Although there's a rumor going around that he's a die hard rangers fan! What's up 81? :wave: :thumbup:

i wanted a bob jersey ;)

it's not that i boycotted, just didn't care enough to get into this season after hte lockout.

now if only both the rangers and capitals could lose.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Voracek in a bad car accident. Apparently ok.
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/05/ja ... is-ok.html

Voracek_1.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll take the car if nobody else wants it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Voracek in a bad car accident. Apparently ok.
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/05/ja ... is-ok.html

Voracek_1.jpg

brings back bad memories of Pelle
    The Fixer wrote:
    I still like what this team has done this year. Season was a disaster with the stupid schedule and injuries, but they kept all the young guys together at the deadline. And I like the mason move a lot.

fyi: after last night Carter and Richards have now won 23 playoff games in 2 years since being traded by the flyers (flyers have won 5). and they are the top 2 point getters in the playoffs for the kings this year. yup gotta love where this franchise is ;)
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

fyi: after last night Carter and Richards have now won 23 playoff games in 2 years since being traded by the flyers (flyers have won 5). and they are the top 2 point getters in the playoffs for the kings this year. yup gotta love where this franchise is ;)

I thought you hated richards?

You're boring dude. Take a year off, watch more sports (carter has to have the most empty net goals of anyone in the NHL during his career), and come back with a clue.
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I thought you hated richards?

You're boring dude. Take a year off, watch more sports (carter has to have the most empty net goals of anyone in the NHL during his career), and come back with a clue.

I do not like mike Richards personally, but those are facts I pointed out. I like facts. facts can't be argued against. insult me as much as you choose but that's all you got when the facts dispel your opinions.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Hawks why do you bother? Whether your right or wrong why do you bite every time? I mean it does make for good reading but man. :roll:
    Go Birds!!!!
    Hawks why do you bother? Whether your right or wrong why do you bite every time? I mean it does make for good reading but man. :roll:

are the two of you related? Have to be

boredom. beats trying to work on a rainy Friday afternoon when barely any clients are still around.

boredom. beats trying to work on a rainy Friday afternoon when barely any clients are still around.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

We disagree, but yet we don't insult each other.
    Go Birds!!!!