Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Buffalo. #4. No cups. They were #3 before a year or 2 ago. Sabres have had a pretty good history. Lots of playoffs, great teams. Punch Imlach made them a legitimate team almost right out of the gate when they were an expansion team in 1970.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited May 2012
    suns and jazz are both good options from the nba

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/

nfl is a little more murkey

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

but i would go with the vikings since they have no title of any kind
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Buffalo. #4. No cups. They were #3 before a year or 2 ago. Sabres have had a pretty good history. Lots of playoffs, great teams. Punch Imlach made them a legitimate team almost right out of the gate when they were an expansion team in 1970.
    The Bills?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    I think they have the 2nd best regular season winning percentage all-time behind Montreal, but can't verify.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/

Did you see the Houston Aeros winning percentage over six seasons? :shock:
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,754
    MayDay10 wrote:
    He launched his shoulder/shoulder pad directly at Zubrus' face. Luckily, it was a glancing blow, but it was a chickenshit move and could have been a hell of a lot worse. He deserved to be suspended.

The NHL discipline is still a joke though.
    Agree on both counts. Giroux was pissed at the refs and took it out on Zubrus. Goonery at its finest. Goodbye Flyers.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,765
    DS1119 wrote:

Phila. Quakers: 4-36-4. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:

Phila. Quakers: 4-36-4. :lol:

they owned the detroit falcons. 2-4 vs. them. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Best line is 'ruining my life since 1995'. sad but true.

this is terrible...

The Flyers have gone nine straight regulation time periods without registering more than 10 shots on goal.

after the game the other night i was trying to come up with another professional franchise that has won as many games as the Flyers have but who haven't won a title in 37 years. i can't come up with one. it's staggering to think this franchise has gone that long without a title.

eagles?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    It's gonna be a 3-2 Flyers win or a 6-1 loss. I hope this team has the pride to at least show up on home ice.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    is it bad that i don't want to watch this crap any more
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    F
    R
    A
    U
    D

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    He launched his shoulder/shoulder pad directly at Zubrus' face. Luckily, it was a glancing blow, but it was a chickenshit move and could have been a hell of a lot worse. He deserved to be suspended.

Agree on both counts. Giroux was pissed at the refs and took it out on Zubrus. Goonery at its finest. Goodbye Flyers.

sounds like a bitter pens fan.

ironic that you are saying shit about giroux after the shit your team pulled. now beat it and try to find a pens thread to cry in
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here.

Biff_1955.JPG
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    So who moves up to the PP?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Rinaldo.

• Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Bills?

The Bills are historically awful. Minus 1987-94... and a few playoff seasons shortly after that, they are probably among the worst in the NFL. Did get an AFL Championship in 1964 and 1965.

8th worst overall.

http://www.profootballhof.com/UserFiles ... _Final.pdf
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Rinaldo.

briere will just move up to the first unit.

here are guys that need to show up tonight...

**everyone on d except coburn, who's been arguably their best player this series (after bryz, which is how bizarre the series has been)
    **jvr...dude is way too inconsistent from game to game. I really wish he would stop doing that bitch move when he comes down the right wing and only leaves one hand on his stick. That allows the defender to push him right past the net. Two hands on the stick, put your head down, and drive to the front. I'd love to see them package him and bob for nash this offseason
    **simmonds
    **jagr...looks old and spent out there
    **couturier
    **hartnell...no dumb penalties. be physical early and set the tone. try to stay on your skates and be a pain in the ass you were vs pitt

I also hope that laviolette gives talbot some more ice time. I know he's mostly a role player, but he's got a knack for producing in big games.

gotta find a way. extend the series and all the pressure and momentum swing the other way...esp with giroux coming back for game 6 (and hopefully 7)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I gotta think JVR may be trade bait for a D-man upgrade in the off season. Outside of the playoffs last year, he just doesnt show the skill set of a #2 pick nearly enough.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Has there been a fight in this series?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I gotta think JVR may be trade bait for a D-man upgrade in the off season. Outside of the playoffs last year, he just doesnt show the skill set of a #2 pick nearly enough.

I want them to sign weber. If they get an injury exception for pronger (like the did with rathje, primeau, laperriere), that could happen
  • Options

don't think so. I could see hartnell going after clarkson early and trying to get him to fight, just to set the tone
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I want them to sign weber. If they get an injury exception for pronger (like the did with rathje, primeau, laperriere), that could happen
    They will get the injury exemption once the season begins. Lets face it, Pronger is more than likely calling it a career.
    Carle will most likely not be back.
    Timonen will be in his last year of his contract. He is breaking down before our eyes.
    They gotta start bringing in some younger guys. This organization just cannot draft goalies or defensemen.

I just dont see them being able to afford Suter or Weber. Did Weber just sign a contract extension?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

don't think so. I could see hartnell going after clarkson early and trying to get him to fight, just to set the tone
    Same thing in the Florida series... Devils have taken few dumb penalties (well except for the delay of games)

I would not be surprised... Clarkson has a low threshold for doing soemething stupid :lol: :fp:
    I expect a very physical game...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

They will get the injury exemption once the season begins. Lets face it, Pronger is more than likely calling it a career.
    Carle will most likely not be back.
    Timonen will be in his last year of his contract. He is breaking down before our eyes.
    They gotta start bringing in some younger guys. This organization just cannot draft goalies or defensemen.

I just dont see them being able to afford Suter or Weber. Did Weber just sign a contract extension?

Nah, I think suter may have signed, but weber is unrestricted.

They do have gustafsson and bourdon. I don't think either is special, but they could do worse with a 5/6 d-paring. You're right though, they do need some younger guys to fill in on the back end.

re: jvr. Imagine if the NHL didn't institute that dumb lottery? patrick kane would be a flyer. terrible
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Fixer wrote:

they would have to give him a roster spot and keep him on LTIR for the 5 remaining years on his contract :lol:

There will be a new CBA and this loophole may be closed. One of the things they want to address are rediculously dumb long-term contracts to old guys to circumvent the cap.

Weber is an RFA anyways which makes him harder to pry. They will either have to trade a hefty sum, or lose like 4 1st rounders. He is also going to cost like 8-10 million a season. Pronger is 4.9. They got Carle, Kubina, and Jagr coming off the books, but they will need to fill those spots as well. Plus I think JVR, Coburn, and Grossman are getting nice raises next season, no?

Suter would be do-able
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Same thing in the Florida series... Devils have taken few dumb penalties (well except for the delay of games)

I would not be surprised... Clarkson has a low threshold for doing soemething stupid :lol: :fp:
    I expect a very physical game...

yeah, their coach has done a hell of a job. I like laviolette...think he does a fantastic job, but he's getting schooled in this series
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    If this goes 7 I have my annual work Phillies game Saturday where we tailgate for 3+ hours

Thirty of us going this year...it could get ugly if we see NJD fans

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Suter will be a FA this summer. Teams will be lining up to throw $ his way.

Yes, JVR, Coburn and Grossman will all see raises.

The Flyers can only hope there will be a lockout and new CBA to come after to get rid of that Pronger contract all together.
    Question is, do they then also get rid of the Bryzgalov one as well if there isnt a specified limit of contracts to void?
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • Options
    If this goes 7 I have my annual work Phillies game Saturday where we tailgate for 3+ hours

Staying up north :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Staying up north :shock:

I thought you were in Florida ?

:nono:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers