Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    1 game is reasonable ... definitely a head shot way after the play ...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    AND YET OVIE GETS NOTHING TRYING TO DECAPITATE GIRADI..SHANNY AND THE LEAGUE IS A FUCKING JOKE

FUCK YOU NHL
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    AND YET OVIE GETS NOTHING TRYING TO DECAPITATE GIRADI..SHANNY AND THE LEAGUE IS A FUCKING JOKE

FUCK YOU NHL

You really need to stop holding back. Let it out man. Let us know how you really feel. :P :lol:
  • Options

FUCK YOU NHL

my review of the play is that it was not an intent to injure play however, leaving his feet should result in a 1 game suspension in my opinion for ovechkin ... especially as a repeat offender ...
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

FUCK YOU NHL

How about the elbows by Malkin and the head slam by Weber ?

If Giroux has intent on that shift what was Weber's intent ?

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,763

FUCK YOU NHL

How about the elbows by Malkin and the head slam by Weber ?

If Giroux has intent on that shift what was Weber's intent ?

:roll:

He's been walking back that Weber decision ever since by taking it out on everyone else.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    polaris_x wrote:

FUCK YOU NHL

my review of the play is that it was not an intent to injure play however, leaving his feet should result in a 1 game suspension in my opinion for ovechkin ... especially as a repeat offender ...

what are you smoking bro? no intent to injure? fuck leaving his feet..he went full speed straight for his head..stop the blind hate for the rangers and see what really happened

plus he did leave his feet on top of it....he is a dirrty player who goes for the head way too often
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    what are you smoking bro? no intent to injure? fuck leaving his feet..he went full speed straight for his head..stop the blind hate for the rangers and see what really happened

plus he did leave his feet on top of it....he is a dirrty player who goes for the head way too often

i got no extra hate for the rangers ... i hate pretty much all the teams ... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    G - suspended 1 game

What horseshit. Maybe the team will rally like Pens & Devils against us.
    Completely. This makes the Neal 1 gamer last series even more laughable.

the complete joke is the ruling on Neal was the suspension was for the hit on Couturier and not even for the hit on Giroux. and now Giroux gets one game for that hit last night. no consistency on the rulings.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    polaris_x wrote:
    No. Never had a prior history, no repeat offender. Never fined prior.

The play was a very weak one. If we are considering the result of the play into the equation, then he should only have been fined. Lets remember the Neal play on both Giroux and Couturier. Both were worse attempts at injury, but neither were injured on the plays.
    At the time, Neal had a prior suspension(2 games)in '09.

Lets face it. The league discipline office is a an absolute joke.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    polaris_x wrote:
    No. Never had a prior history, no repeat offender. Never fined prior.

The play was a very weak one. If we are considering the result of the play into the equation, then he should only have been fined. Lets remember the Neal play on both Giroux and Couturier. Both were worse attempts at injury, but neither were injured on the plays.
    At the time, Neal had a prior suspension(2 games)in '09.

Lets face it. The league discipline office is a an absolute joke.
    Agreed.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Dont even get me started on the Malkin antics. Claude Giroux now has a history with the NHL disciplinary office and a guy like Malkin basically ran around all series long, dolling out several obvious, dangerous hits that resulted in one concussion for sure. And some are gonna say certain teams arent treated differently than others? Ridiculous.

Weber and Ovechkin just got off scott-free for much worse hits on opposing players.
    The hit on Zubrus was complete weak sauce. There was definitely some acting on the play from Zubrus.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    He launched his shoulder/shoulder pad directly at Zubrus' face. Luckily, it was a glancing blow, but it was a chickenshit move and could have been a hell of a lot worse. He deserved to be suspended.

The NHL discipline is still a joke though.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    call me crazy, but this giroux thing could be a rallying cry for this team.

I think the ruling is half assed, but they can use that in an 'us against the world' mentality.

certainly have dug themselves a huge hole, but if they can find a way to win tomorrow night...then they get giroux back for game 6. all of a sudden they will have all the momentum and the pressure swings to NJ.

problem is going to be finding a way to win tomorrow. they have been thoroughly embarrassed in this series.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

It's just as reasonable as Qatar hosting the World Cup. ;):lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    meszaros in the lineup tonight. hopefully they keep gustafsson and scratch lilja (the cone with limbs)
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

It's just as reasonable as Qatar hosting the World Cup. ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    someone just forwarded me this. kinda funny

Puzzled.

Quiet frankly I’m puzzled. Like a 5,000 piece jiggsawed picture of a mountain reflected on a lake. Confused because I don’t know whats up or down. I feel like a drunk bird about to fly into my own reflection on a plate glass window. Come in, your landing gear is down. The entire path to the Stanley Cup was plowed out. No Bruins, No Penguins, Maybe No Rangers, No Redwings, No Vancouver, No St. Louis. This was it. We should be playing the Kings for the Cup. Like that’s the only possible conclusion to this story. But no. The Fucking Devils are all up in my shit. Ruining my life since 1995. And they don’t quit ruining it. It’s fucking ridiculous. How are they playing this good?

They’re the most tenacious thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Like when did Newark turn into Tazmania? Playing in that hot ass arena, pucks bouncing all over the place. Flyers depend on skill and awesome passes, and fucked up arenas all heated up by a weekend full of Springstein and Chili Pepper concerts aren’t awesome at all. Remember when we were up on the Devils 3 games to 1 back in 2000, and Lindros came back, and then the Devils won 3 games in a row and went on to win the cup. That fucking sucked. That fucking sucked so fucking bad. Now would be a perfect time to sack up and avenge that shit, Flyers.

Where the fuck is everybody? How bout you shutdown Parise like you did Malkin and Crosby. Where you at Hartnell, Couturier, and Jagr? How bout Laviolette changes the fucking lines back to what they were in Pittsburgh. It was working Pete. And you fucked it up. Deboer is kicking your ass. There’s no way I thought the Devils were gonna be able to maintain their level of play. But they get better every game. Like what the fuck is going on here? I don’t care how close the score looked, they are playing playoff hockey and the Flyers aren’t. And that’s the most fuck inducing thing about it. If they just played harder this series would already be over. We should have skated them into the fucking ground by now. I’ve seen the Flyers play next level hockey, I saw it two weeks ago, I know what it looks like, and I know what they are capable of. And its fucking gone. Where’s the jam motherfuckers? Like my Dad always told me on my frequent occasional lapses in judgement over the years , “If you were stupid or retarded then I wouldn’t be mad at you. But I know you know better.” Maybe I am both stupid and retarded, and maybe the Flyers just aren’t the team I thought they were after all. But I don’t believe that. Win or lose, I just want them to play harder. Like I know what they are capable of. Where’s all that big nasty hockey? Who on New Jersey is intimidating you? The Devils are playing crazy pants hockey because you’re letting them. Just stop it. Stop it right now. If the Flyers don’t at least try their balls off, then they are essentially slapping me and every single Flyers fan in our collectively gaped faces with their submissiveness. You better win this fucking game or I’m gonna lose my shit. It’s the fucking Devils!

LET’S GO FLYERS!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    someone just forwarded me this. kinda funny

Puzzled.

Quiet frankly I’m puzzled. Like a 5,000 piece jiggsawed picture of a mountain reflected on a lake. Confused because I don’t know whats up or down. I feel like a drunk bird about to fly into my own reflection on a plate glass window. Come in, your landing gear is down. The entire path to the Stanley Cup was plowed out. No Bruins, No Penguins, Maybe No Rangers, No Redwings, No Vancouver, No St. Louis. This was it. We should be playing the Kings for the Cup. Like that’s the only possible conclusion to this story. But no. The Fucking Devils are all up in my shit. Ruining my life since 1995. And they don’t quit ruining it. It’s fucking ridiculous. How are they playing this good?

They’re the most tenacious thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Like when did Newark turn into Tazmania? Playing in that hot ass arena, pucks bouncing all over the place. Flyers depend on skill and awesome passes, and fucked up arenas all heated up by a weekend full of Springstein and Chili Pepper concerts aren’t awesome at all. Remember when we were up on the Devils 3 games to 1 back in 2000, and Lindros came back, and then the Devils won 3 games in a row and went on to win the cup. That fucking sucked. That fucking sucked so fucking bad. Now would be a perfect time to sack up and avenge that shit, Flyers.

Where the fuck is everybody? How bout you shutdown Parise like you did Malkin and Crosby. Where you at Hartnell, Couturier, and Jagr? How bout Laviolette changes the fucking lines back to what they were in Pittsburgh. It was working Pete. And you fucked it up. Deboer is kicking your ass. There’s no way I thought the Devils were gonna be able to maintain their level of play. But they get better every game. Like what the fuck is going on here? I don’t care how close the score looked, they are playing playoff hockey and the Flyers aren’t. And that’s the most fuck inducing thing about it. If they just played harder this series would already be over. We should have skated them into the fucking ground by now. I’ve seen the Flyers play next level hockey, I saw it two weeks ago, I know what it looks like, and I know what they are capable of. And its fucking gone. Where’s the jam motherfuckers? Like my Dad always told me on my frequent occasional lapses in judgement over the years , “If you were stupid or retarded then I wouldn’t be mad at you. But I know you know better.” Maybe I am both stupid and retarded, and maybe the Flyers just aren’t the team I thought they were after all. But I don’t believe that. Win or lose, I just want them to play harder. Like I know what they are capable of. Where’s all that big nasty hockey? Who on New Jersey is intimidating you? The Devils are playing crazy pants hockey because you’re letting them. Just stop it. Stop it right now. If the Flyers don’t at least try their balls off, then they are essentially slapping me and every single Flyers fan in our collectively gaped faces with their submissiveness. You better win this fucking game or I’m gonna lose my shit. It’s the fucking Devils!

LET’S GO FLYERS!

Very nice - that sums it up. Fuck the Devils.

• Options
    Best line is 'ruining my life since 1995'. sad but true.

this is terrible...

The Flyers have gone nine straight regulation time periods without registering more than 10 shots on goal.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,304
    The Fixer wrote:

this is terrible...

The Flyers have gone nine straight regulation time periods without registering more than 10 shots on goal.

after the game the other night i was trying to come up with another professional franchise that has won as many games as the Flyers have but who haven't won a title in 37 years. i can't come up with one. it's staggering to think this franchise has gone that long without a title.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

this is terrible...

after the game the other night i was trying to come up with another professional franchise that has won as many games as the Flyers have but who haven't won a title in 37 years. i can't come up with one. it's staggering to think this franchise has gone that long without a title.

Eagles have won a lot without winning it all. :lol:

it would be intersting to see winning % since last championship
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I think the Eagles have had a few more lean years than the Flyers since '75. If this came up yesterday, I'd get the numbers, but work is in the way today
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I don't think Lindros cam back until game 6 in 2000. He was the best player on the ice that game.

Let's go boys. Get busy living or get busy dying!!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I think the Eagles have had a few more lean years than the Flyers since '75. If this came up yesterday, I'd get the numbers, but work is in the way today

i'm sure they have. outside of a handful of years, flyers have been a playoff team for most of their history.

feel free to do the digging when you are free. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i'm sure they have. outside of a handful of years, flyers have been a playoff team for most of their history.

feel free to do the digging when you are free. :lol:

Flyers have the NHL record for wins in the quarterfinals round (this round), so they've been in the semifinals (the next round) 16 times in their 44 year franchise history, but only 2 Cups. 13 straight Semifinals appearances without winning it all. 6 straight Finals losses. 3-20 on the road in the Stanley Cup Finals all time.

I think they have the 2nd best regular season winning percentage all-time behind Montreal, but can't verify.

• Options
    I think they have the 2nd best regular season winning percentage all-time behind Montreal, but can't verify.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/

Wow, way ahead of Boston, not far behind Montreal. How is Buffalo 4th? :lol:

• Options
    on the baseball side, you could make a case for the cubs
    :lol:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg