The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358

That really isn't funny since an actual hockey team's actual plane crashed last year. :roll:

So... I guess we need to have the Devils beat the Rangers in the 2nd round. :lol:

This team really blows at home - it's disturbing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    532243_374242785949268_351129154927298_1121974_490631136_n.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Going to the game tonight. Should be fun.

nice. got an email from the flyers this week with an offer for a playoff ticket presale. told my buddies I'd rather go to xfinity live and watch

Ha, yeah, thats pretty funny. Am sure that will be a good time for the playoffs. Open bar tonight in a suite, tomorrow's going to be a lot of fun, luckily I have no meetings.

FUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK ME. My head hurts.

And yes, the broads at PBR are just fine.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rival. wrote:
    532243_374242785949268_351129154927298_1121974_490631136_n.jpg

saw this all over fb ... :D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    4 seed is just about gone (who gives a shit). Time to call up some goons for Saturday afternoon. I want a star Penguin knocked out. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    4 seed is just about gone (who gives a shit). Time to call up some goons for Saturday afternoon. I want a star Penguin knocked out. :mrgreen:

I already told the wife Sat at 4 I'm not available

:lol:

I wonder if the 4th seed is locked up if they rest players in Pitt

• 4 seed is just about gone (who gives a shit). Time to call up some goons for Saturday afternoon. I want a star Penguin knocked out. :mrgreen:

aww scared? love it. try to hurt, pens seem to play better when one of the big dawgs are out anyway.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

exactly

best case scenario is flyers losing their final two games and the devils winning theirs. not gonna happen, but that 6 seed would be sweet

aww scared? love it. try to hurt, pens seem to play better when one of the big dawgs are out anyway.

go play in the east virginia thread. beat it

I wanted your shitty team healthy until that cheap shot on Briere knocked him out probably for the series, now I want blood. Dirtbags. And most fair weather hockey fans in any northern city.

• 4 seed is just about gone (who gives a shit). Time to call up some goons for Saturday afternoon. I want a star Penguin knocked out. :mrgreen:

I wanted your shitty team healthy until that cheap shot on Briere knocked him out probably for the series, now I want blood. Dirtbags. And most fair weather hockey fans in any northern city.

I have never seen so much uproar over one of the cleanest hits you'll ever see. Be pissed about Malkin punching Giroux while he's down, not at the Vitale hit. That's nothing but textbook.
    I have never seen so much uproar over one of the cleanest hits you'll ever see. Be pissed about Malkin punching Giroux while he's down, not at the Vitale hit. That's nothing but textbook.

I have to agree. I'm more annoyed at asham throwing cheap shots at schenn, malkin and crosby getting away with murder, and bylsma acting like a bitch

saturday I just want to see dead penguins all over the ice. I hope shelly breaks crosby's jaw so he can't run his mouth anymore. he's such a fucking crybaby.

the real war starts next week. saturday is just an appetizer. I wouldn't be surprised if the star players (crosby, malkin, letang, timonen, giroux) are all rested
  • The Fixer wrote:

I have to agree. I'm more annoyed at asham throwing cheap shots at schenn, malkin and crosby getting away with murder, and bylsma acting like a bitch

saturday I just want to see dead penguins all over the ice. I hope shelly breaks crosby's jaw so he can't run his mouth anymore. he's such a fucking crybaby.

the real war starts next week. saturday is just an appetizer. I wouldn't be surprised if the star players (crosby, malkin, letang, timonen, giroux) are all rested

Well, as a Pens fan I'm not going to agree with most of what you said. It's not the players fault if they are "getting away with murder". Every player is going to push the limit until they get called. The NHL ensured that the Pens wouldn't advance last year by suspending Cooke and Malkin has been in the box for way too many game-winning PP goals in his career to think they turn a blind eye. As for Crosby, this isn't 2006. He's a much different player and EVERY skilled player runs their mouth and as a captain, you're not doing your job if you don't.
    kill each other
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:

I actually will be surprised if all the players do play. you know the NHL is going to be watching this game very closely.

what i see happening is alot of penalties called very early in the game. most will be very questionable, I should add.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    looks like Berube is getting into the action too.

I find it funny how the GM brings up Keith Primeau name up when talking about conclusion.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392211#YourCallTop
    The Fixer wrote:

Well, as a Pens fan I'm not going to agree with most of what you said. It's not the players fault if they are "getting away with murder". Every player is going to push the limit until they get called. The NHL ensured that the Pens wouldn't advance last year by suspending Cooke and Malkin has been in the box for way too many game-winning PP goals in his career to think they turn a blind eye. As for Crosby, this isn't 2006. He's a much different player and EVERY skilled player runs their mouth and as a captain, you're not doing your job if you don't.

crosby takes crying to another level. he's matthew barnaby reincarnated in terms of bitching and whining. you would think he would have matured by now and grown out of this phase, but he hasn't.

No other captain acts like crosby. It's one thing to go talk to the refs about calls. It's a completely different thing to cry during every stoppage.

God I cannot stand that pussy.
    Just getting silly now..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... E40qJ7vLYF

Restaurant owner, upon learning his ribs are secret to Flyers’ success: ‘No more ribs for them’

Sunday afternoon's 6-4 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins made the Philadelphia Flyers a perfect 5-0-0 at the Consol Energy Center, a fact Peter Laviolette addressed in the postgame. The secret: delectable ribs.

"We buy ribs from DeeJays in Weirton after the game and have them delivered to the plane," Laviolette said, "And those ribs seem to be doing the trick. It went back to last year, too. Whenever the ribs are ordered, we win. I want to thank DeeJays."

Unfortunately, DeeJays doesn't want to thank Laviolette. Dewey Guida, the owner of the West Virginia restaurant, immediately came under fire from Penguins fans wondering why he was feeding the Flyers' success -- literally. In response, Guida, a diehard Penguins fan, has cut off all rib service to the Flyers.

"No more ribs for them," Guida told the Steubenville Herald-Star. "And I pray, I hope, that the Penguins beat their skates off."

Guida and Laviolette have been friends for years, first getting to know each other when Laviolette was coach of the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers. But the man is running a business, and with his place under a hour out of Pittsburgh, he can't be alienating the local clientele -- some of whom are members of the Penguins themselves -- by aiding and abetting the enemy with his fall off the bone BBQ pork ribs. From the Herald-Star:

"So many Penguins are my friends, I've had so many Stanley cups at my place," Guida said. "So for sure, let everyone know - I am a Penguin fan, not a Flyer fan. What happened was sometime last year, Peter wanted to treat his guys to some ribs, so I said sure. They were playing the Penguins and I brought the ribs up to the plane. Since the Pens moved to the Consol Center they haven't beaten the Flyers and on each occasion, I took ribs up to their plane.

"The last time, actually, was Sunday. He called me Saturday and said they wanted ribs, but to bring more 'cause his guys all want to eat them now. So, my wife and I drove up to the airport, dropped them off and left. After the game, little did I know he would go into the press conference and say the reason they won was our ribs."

And with that disclosure, Laviolette and the Flyers lost rib privileges for the foreseeable future.

Yes, Laviolette has only himself to blame for turning Guida into his own personal soup nazi for ribs. While you can't blame him for having ribs on the brain, especially since he knew they were waiting for him back at the plane, I would hazard a guess that the Flyers coach regrets his actions in the postgame presser far more than the tirade at the bench that cost him ten grand.

For those of you who don't believe in superstitions, let me outline where I think the sudden embargo on ribs may hurt the Flyers nonetheless: the postgame nap. Ribs put you right to sleep.

i more excited for this series :lol:

i'll be spending 6 nights in universal's city walk in the nascar cafe watching the games :lol:

i thought play offs started week after when i booked :roll:

i'll be spending 6 nights in universal's city walk in the nascar cafe watching the games :lol:

oops im high :mrgreen:

rookie mistake

rookie mistake

MY FRIENDS ABUSED ME ALL NIGHT

luckily i catch the first 2 at MSG..gonna have to sell game 5 :roll:

rookie mistake

MY FRIENDS ABUSED ME ALL NIGHT

luckily i catch the first 2 at MSG..gonna have to sell game 5 :roll:

I remeber being away in Disney the year the Phillies clinched the divison in 2007

By the time i came back they were already eliminated

:( :lol:

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Please win one more.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I really could go for some ribs...

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    home finale tonight. Luckily we are playing Buffalo.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC