The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I have a feeling Jody Shelley will be playing on Saturday and that fancy boy will be sitting that one out.

not if the game determines the 4 seed

as much as fixer has no interest in home ice...the teams themselves do
    not to mention upper management getting another game to make a few million
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I have a feeling Jody Shelley will be playing on Saturday and that fancy boy will be sitting that one out.

not if the game determines the 4 seed

as much as fixer has no interest in home ice...the teams themselves do
    not to mention upper management getting another game to make a few million

That would keep "The Slasher" on the ice.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    From that hit?

I'd assume so

Maybe he was playing hurt and that aggravated it

Makes sense. Was a hell of a hit. Just curious.

This time of year they're all nursing some type of injury
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2012
    "Say your prayers, eat you vitamins and kick some Penguin ass!" :D

040112_Hartnell-Hogan.jpg

this was my favorite part of the game.

I laugh every time the cameras pan to the pittsburgh crowd. can we just call western pa 'East Virginia' from now on???
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Love this guy ...

Laviolette: "They hadn't used those guys in 12 minutes. It was a completely gutless move by their coach."

:D

I have no problem whatsoever with anything the Flyers players did... but what the hell is Laviolette talking about? The Pens were down 3 goals late in a physical tough game. A couple minutes earlier when there was a three goal lead, Crosby takes a shot in the back after the whistle, 100 feet away from the puck. Why would you put your skill guys out at that point?

If the score was reversed, I doubt you'd see Claude Giroux out there, you'd see 3rd and 4th lines from Laviolette.

And the Pens fourth line contains a 5' 11" energy guy (Vitale), a grinder who hasn't won a fight in his life (Adams), and a legitimate middleweight (Asham). It's not like they put a line out there of Shultz, Probert & Tony Twist. The clean hit sparked it, I don't have a problem with what the Flyers players did, but if there wasn't that hit, nothing would have happened the entire shift between them.

My favorite part was Berube being the peacemaker :)

I agree with all of this

I'll also add that it was incredibly dumb for laviolette to put schenn back on the ice after the empty netter. The Schenn hit on crosby was right in front of the flyers bench, so lavy had to see it. He had to know some kind of retaliation was coming (especially after the flyers went up 3 with a minute left).

Love laviolette, but that was incredibly dumb. he's lucky schenn didn't get killed by one of those asham cheap shots
    That was a fucking awesome game. Pens & Crosby are bunch of bitches. Giroux will drop the gloves on occasion and back it up at least.

I kind of remember home ice for the Penguins helping them a lot in 2008 & 2009, but the Flyers play a lot better in the new place. Hartnell was talking about how they were intimidated by the Igloo.

Grossman coming back healthy is absolutely crucial for this team. He has been a huge difference maker.

The Hulk Hogan guy was priceless. :lol:

C'mon... not saying Crosby is Arron Asham, but he has more career fights than Giroux. Neither of those guys should be fighting anyway.

I hate the Flyers, but man... I like Scott Hartnell lol, dude is funny, and doesn't take himself serious at all.

no way that crosby has more fights than giroux. NO WAY.

crosby has never been in a fight that didn't include open hand slaps or pillows. he's such a bitch
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Great story about Scotty.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392045

as for the game, i was really impressed with Bob. played a solid game and just robbed Sid in the 3rd i believe. Still not liking this whole getting down early. Only 3 more games to go.

Is there any word on Ilya coming back?

Grossmann back for game one of the playoffs.

a big loss in Briere being out. His line has been playing great.
    fife wrote:

as for the game, i was really impressed with Bob. played a solid game and just robbed Sid in the 3rd i believe. Still not liking this whole getting down early. Only 3 more games to go.

bryz hopeful to start tomorrow. no need to rush him, or really play him at all before playoffs
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

bryz hopeful to start tomorrow. no need to rush him, or really play him at all before playoffs

I think we should play him 1 more time before the4 playoffs start. Bob has played well against Pittsburgh and I would actually play him again in the last game cause you know that the game is going to be tough considering what happen yesterday. but I do know that this won't happen. Bryz is going to play every game he is healthy for.

BTW, Wayne Simmonds has won the 1st star of the week this week.
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

Briere would be a huge loss if he misses any palyoff games

The dude is a point per game player in the playoffs

Imagine if this team was totally healthy..JVR still in a walking boot

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I hope the "back contusion" isnt another concussion.

As far as Crosby ever getting into fights, there has been two incidents and both were him grabbing his opponents and tugging on them until they fell down.

Thats what he does when he's not slashing players or punching guys in the balls with his gloved hand. All the replays from yesterday conveniently failed to show his shot from behind on Schenn prior to Schenn cross checking him. There was a reason Schenn responded in that fashion, but NBC doesnt want you to see that part.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Imagine if this team was totally healthy..JVR still in a walking boot

yeah, seriously

no chance of meszaros in round 1 is there?

I saw JVR probably midway through the first series
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    "Going into the Igloo and playing in that old building you knew you were going to get pounded," Hartnell said of playing in Pittsburgh's old Mellon Arena. "You knew you were going to get hurt and get hit."

But even today, Hartnell said, "it's always a battle. They play hard and they've obviously got some of the best players in the world on their team."

But the Penguins are a bunch of bitches?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SK359828 wrote:
    "Going into the Igloo and playing in that old building you knew you were going to get pounded," Hartnell said of playing in Pittsburgh's old Mellon Arena. "You knew you were going to get hurt and get hit."

But even today, Hartnell said, "it's always a battle. They play hard and they've obviously got some of the best players in the world on their team."

What's your point?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    SK359828 wrote:

Consider the psychology of those quotes. The Pens have not beaten the flyers in the new building. Hartnell is reinforcing how difficult it used to be to play in the old building, and how it's not difficult to play in the new building (as evidenced by the flyers unbeaten record there). You don't think that gets in the heads of the Pens? especially after the pens have openly admitted that hartnell gets to them and has thrown them off their games in the past

And to answer your question...yes. yes, they are. especially crosby. do fail to realize that he bitches and cries during EVERY stoppage? he's too good of a player to act like that. he acts like matthew barnaby. frankly, it's embarrassing to the league when one of their best players acts like such a pansy
    Lavy fined $10K and Granato $2,500

According to Eskin he said Briere should back for the start of the
    playoffs

i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358

You guys going for the sweep tonight... (yeah, that would be kind of embarrassing)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

You guys going for the sweep tonight... (yeah, that would be kind of embarrassing)

just get to overtime and im fine
    edited April 2012

That pretty much confirmed what everyone was saying.. the Flyers are definitely in their heads

Anytime you can take another team off their game and they admit it you're doing your job

:lol:
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Going to the game tonight. Should be fun.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

nice. got an email from the flyers this week with an offer for a playoff ticket presale. told my buddies I'd rather go to xfinity live and watch
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

nice. got an email from the flyers this week with an offer for a playoff ticket presale. told my buddies I'd rather go to xfinity live and watch

Ha, yeah, thats pretty funny. Am sure that will be a good time for the playoffs. Open bar tonight in a suite, tomorrow's going to be a lot of fun, luckily I have no meetings.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, yeah, thats pretty funny. Am sure that will be a good time for the playoffs. Open bar tonight in a suite, tomorrow's going to be a lot of fun, luckily I have no meetings.

Ah, the ol open bar. Always a good time.

Hockey ticket prices are insane. I don't mind ponying up for good seats once in a while, but if I do that it will be later on in playoffs. or a game 7.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Ah, the ol open bar. Always a good time.

Hockey ticket prices are insane. I don't mind ponying up for good seats once in a while, but if I do that it will be later on in playoffs. or a game 7.

I hear you. They are really expensive. Not paying a cent for these though. They are on Google.
    Bryz back in tonight

Briere is having back spasms never had them before so he doesn't know if he'll be ready for the playoffs or not

:thumbdown:

Bryz back in tonight

Briere is having back spasms never had them before so he doesn't know if he'll be ready for the playoffs or not

they have any goons on the phantoms that they can call up for saturday (assuming game doesn't mean anything)?? pretty sure sestito is still hurt
    The Fixer wrote:
    Bryz back in tonight

they have any goons on the phantoms that they can call up for saturday (assuming game doesn't mean anything)?? pretty sure sestito is still hurt

I don't think so

Rinaldo can take care of Asham and Vitale if need be

The Fixer wrote:
    Bryz back in tonight

I don't think so

Rinaldo can take care of Asham and Vitale if need be

I think asham would pound rinaldo

they need to borrow downie for a game and send him after the crybaby