The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    fife wrote:
    Is Bob in net again today? i have heard different reports.

the flyers played ok yesterday, bob played well after the first but if he does play today he will have to be more solid.

yes he is :P actually playing pretty well so far. Go Flyers!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CMON BOYS HOLD THE LEAD ....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THANKS GUYS

GREAT END

HOPEFULLY U GUYS KILL EACH OTHER IN RD 1...LIKE REALLY PUT EACH OTHER IN THE HOSPITAL ;):mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Lavy was ready to throw'em!!!!

Next Sat should be fun

Phuck the Ice Chickens !!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Lavy was ready to throw'em!!!!

Next Sat should be fun

Phuck the Ice Chickens !!

crosby is the biggest bitch of all time. such a fucking baby

hartnell's salute to the turd in the stands was classic.

the carter and richards trades both look like wins for the flyers. coturier is already a monster
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bitch ass move by the Pens there at the end of the game.

Crosby, Neal or Malkin should be dealt with next game. The leagues pandoring to Crosby is just disgusting. I cant even watch Nationally televised games that include the Pens. Its a constant fellating of Crosby and company.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Love this guy ...

Laviolette: "They hadn't used those guys in 12 minutes. It was a completely gutless move by their coach."

:D

Crosby, Neal or Malkin should be dealt with next game. The leagues pandoring to Crosby is just disgusting. I cant even watch Nationally televised games that include the Pens. Its a constant fellating of Crosby and company.
    The shit Shrek gets away with is unbelievable

I'm starting to hate him more than Crosby

Love this guy ...

Laviolette: "They hadn't used those guys in 12 minutes. It was a completely gutless move by their coach."

I really don't have a problem with what the pens did. that was a clean hit on briere. and the flyers have used that 4th line at end of game tactic numerous times over the years (the best was back in 2000 vs the pens in game 2 of the playoffs, which I believe tilted the series back in the flyers favor).

the bitching and crying by bielsma and crosby after every whistle is what bothers me. fucking gay

also gotta give simmonds props for fighting asham after he got drilled in the nose yesterday.

The shit Shrek gets away with is unbelievable

I'm starting to hate him more than Crosby

they both get away with murder. How the refs missed crosbys slash at the end of the game is beyond me. his stick was in 3 pieces!!
    nice to get a win today, but more importantly I hope grossman is ok. he has been playing so well. they are going to need him in round 1
  • Bitch ass move by the Pens there at the end of the game.

You guys are awesome
    I notice schenn hit isn't mentioned at all
    you dont hit a defenseless player skating to the bench, that was beyond cheap
    You tell me that if somebody on the pens did that to giroux you wouldn't respond?
    a clean hit on briere sent your team and coach to the funny farm so i could just imagine...

You guys are awesome
    You tell me that if somebody on the pens did that to giroux you wouldn't respond?
    a clean hit on briere sent your team and coach to the funny farm so i could just imagine...

schenn was retaliating to the 204th crosby slash of the game (none of which were called).

crosby deserves it. he should strap a pair on and drop the gloves once in a while if he's gonna do that much talking and crying. he's such a pussy
    The Fixer wrote:
    nice to get a win today, but more importantly I hope grossman is ok. he has been playing so well. they are going to need him in round 1
    @DNFlyers: Flyers are 14-5-2 since Grossmann's first game with the team. Need him back soon. He is officially day-to-day, according to the team.

Dude has been great

You guys are awesome

Yeah like the slashes by Crosby and the Malkin punches to the back of
    Giroux's head Not called

:roll:

The 4th line antic pushed him over the edge they're is only so much
    BS you can take in one game without penalties being called

• Bitch ass move by the Pens there at the end of the game.

You guys are awesome

Yeah like the slashes by Crosby and the Malkin punches to the back of
    Giroux's head Not called

:roll:

The 4th line antic pushed him over the edge they're is only so much
    BS you can take in one game without penalties being called

unfortunately missed the game. only saw some highlights. Finally saw what he did to schenn right before so i cant complain about that, just wish it wasn't from behind on a guy coming back from a concussion.
    I hate your team but man is it gonna be a great series. saturday too.
    NBC didn't show the first shove either on Crosby just Schenn's retailiation

Honestly this series is gonna be nasty and probably the most
    entertaining of the 1st rd

Just wish the Flyers had a full squad but it is what it is

:)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,791
    "Say your prayers, eat you vitamins and kick some Penguin ass!" :D

040112_Hartnell-Hogan.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    "Say your prayers, eat you vitamins and kick some Penguin ass!" :D

040112_Hartnell-Hogan.jpg

haha...i didn't realize he was doing that to a guy who looked like hulk hogan :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Love this guy ...

I have no problem whatsoever with anything the Flyers players did... but what the hell is Laviolette talking about? The Pens were down 3 goals late in a physical tough game. A couple minutes earlier when there was a three goal lead, Crosby takes a shot in the back after the whistle, 100 feet away from the puck. Why would you put your skill guys out at that point?

If the score was reversed, I doubt you'd see Claude Giroux out there, you'd see 3rd and 4th lines from Laviolette.

And the Pens fourth line contains a 5' 11" energy guy (Vitale), a grinder who hasn't won a fight in his life (Adams), and a legitimate middleweight (Asham). It's not like they put a line out there of Shultz, Probert & Tony Twist. The clean hit sparked it, I don't have a problem with what the Flyers players did, but if there wasn't that hit, nothing would have happened the entire shift between them.

My favorite part was Berube being the peacemaker :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    That was a fucking awesome game. Pens & Crosby are bunch of bitches. Giroux will drop the gloves on occasion and back it up at least.

I kind of remember home ice for the Penguins helping them a lot in 2008 & 2009, but the Flyers play a lot better in the new place. Hartnell was talking about how they were intimidated by the Igloo.

Grossman coming back healthy is absolutely crucial for this team. He has been a huge difference maker.

The Hulk Hogan guy was priceless. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    That was a fucking awesome game. Pens & Crosby are bunch of bitches. Giroux will drop the gloves on occasion and back it up at least.

I kind of remember home ice for the Penguins helping them a lot in 2008 & 2009, but the Flyers play a lot better in the new place. Hartnell was talking about how they were intimidated by the Igloo.

Grossman coming back healthy is absolutely crucial for this team. He has been a huge difference maker.

The Hulk Hogan guy was priceless. :lol:

C'mon... not saying Crosby is Arron Asham, but he has more career fights than Giroux. Neither of those guys should be fighting anyway.

I hate the Flyers, but man... I like Scott Hartnell lol, dude is funny, and doesn't take himself serious at all.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    So, hey ho, do we have an edge in goaltending in this first round series??? :o

Fleury looked awful yesterday. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited April 2012
    Briere out indefinitely with back contusion

Phuckin A

:evil:

Grossmann out 7-10 days
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

Briere out indefinitely with back contusion

Phuckin A

:evil:

Gotta bring out the goons on Saturday. Somebody needs to pay for this. The hell with home ice.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    From that hit?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    From that hit?

I'd assume so

Maybe he was playing hurt and that aggravated it

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    From that hit?

I'd assume so

Maybe he was playing hurt and that aggravated it

Makes sense. Was a hell of a hit. Just curious.
    edited April 2012
    Love this guy ...

I have no problem whatsoever with anything the Flyers players did... but what the hell is Laviolette talking about? The Pens were down 3 goals late in a physical tough game. A couple minutes earlier when there was a three goal lead, Crosby takes a shot in the back after the whistle, 100 feet away from the puck. Why would you put your skill guys out at that point?

If the score was reversed, I doubt you'd see Claude Giroux out there, you'd see 3rd and 4th lines from Laviolette.

And the Pens fourth line contains a 5' 11" energy guy (Vitale), a grinder who hasn't won a fight in his life (Adams), and a legitimate middleweight (Asham). It's not like they put a line out there of Shultz, Probert & Tony Twist. The clean hit sparked it, I don't have a problem with what the Flyers players did, but if there wasn't that hit, nothing would have happened the entire shift between them.

My favorite part was Berube being the peacemaker :)

Like I said earlier I think Lavy lost it after all the non-calls on the Pens

The slashes from Crosby and the Malkin punches to the back of the head of Giroux

He didnt agree with the too many men call either and thought the Pens bench basically kept complaining and thats why they got the call

Then he sees Briere get flattened...he lost it
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I have a feeling Jody Shelley will be playing on Saturday and that fancy boy will be sitting that one out.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer