The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    81 wrote:
    Any solid news on pronger....toronto tellecast said rumor that he went to the hospital....

Hopefully its just a black eye and not worse :(
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=378857
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    got a twittterfeed that says homer hopes he can play in 2 -3 weeks??? take it for what its worth
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    GM Holmgren tells media in PHI Pronger gets bed rest for few days, will miss at least 10 days, maybe longer, and will wear visor on return.
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    nothing official but comcast says def. gonna miss some ice time :? :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    nothing official but comcast says def. gonna miss some ice time :? :(

ill take missing some ice time as long as he can come back. anything near the eye is scary stuff. hopefully next few days swelling goes down and blood doesn't get in the eye and he should be ok. missing a month now isn't all that bad compared to what it could have been.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    since dumping netflix, the gf took those savings and dropped them on hbo...

when does the winter classic coverage run? gotta be what, late nov/early dec start?

Early December I heard

I'm gonna sign up for it then also
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    giroux is incredible

Need JVR to show up

This team can be really good if he turns into the player we saw in the playoffs

The Fixer wrote:
    so much for pronger staying healthy. he might be brian berard after that

got an email and entered lottery for winter classic tix today

Nice..I'll have to check my junk mail folder most of the e-mails from the flyers go there

They said next to impossible to get tix

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    giroux is incredible

Need JVR to show up

agreed. interesting to see Scotty on the Claude line with Jagr. That line looked good last night...then again...it's looked pretty good most of the season.

seems like we are starting to see the growing pains that we expected going into the season.

the other interesting note from the Toronto broadcast was they said Bob is pissed about being the backup. as long as it doesn't become a distraction for the team, i like it. it'll push both goalies to be better...and it could provide blue chip trade bait
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    giroux is incredible

Need JVR to show up

agreed. interesting to see Scotty on the Claude line with Jagr. That line looked good last night...then again...it's looked pretty good most of the season.

seems like we are starting to see the growing pains that we expected going into the season.

the other interesting note from the Toronto broadcast was they said Bob is pissed about being the backup. as long as it doesn't become a distraction for the team, i like it. it'll push both goalies to be better...and it could provide blue chip trade bait

Yeah we're going to see stretches I think of very frustrating hockey with flashes of great hockey

I love Lavy but I dont know if he has the patience with a young team. I think he kind of overreacted after the Caps loss with moving everything around with the lines

I think BOB is fine they said the other night when he flew off the ice after the win he was upset at himself for not getting the shutout

I think BOB is fine they said the other night when he flew off the ice after the win he was upset at himself for not getting the shutout

fuckin Walker cost them that first goal. first the stupid pass to nobody. then the icing. uhg...he sucks.

and now we get him everynight until Pronger is back. :? i guess on the bright side, he's not oscar :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I think he kind of overreacted after the Caps loss with moving everything around with the lines

i don't mind it. now is the time of year to try different things. half the roster was turned over, it's not a bad idea to try different pairings. outside of Claude and Jagr, mix and match and see who plays well together. JVR wasn't producing on that line, and Scotty wasn't doing anything on his line. Scotty looked good last night, and JVR and a couple of better chances than he has in past few games.

seems like it's good to have a grinder on claude line since claude and jarg are going to dominate the puck and the defense will focus on them, which will allow the grinder to stand in the slot and to chase down loose pucks. he doesn't have to worry about scoring, but will get a few goals just by being on that line.

i also like JVR on a different line, which will allow him to work more with the puck vs. being the 3rd wheel. he needs to get it going soon if he wants to get to 40 goals. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    so much for pronger staying healthy. he might be brian berard after that

got an email and entered lottery for winter classic tix today

Nice..I'll have to check my junk mail folder most of the e-mails from the flyers go there

They said next to impossible to get tix

I'm not expecting to get them, but you never know.

I still think watching hockey in a baseball stadium will suck, but I want to go for the spectacle. And the drinking of course. Lots and lots of drinking
    The Fixer wrote:
    I still think watching hockey in a baseball stadium will suck

this is all you need to know....

read that they are making people buy tickets to the old timers game as well as the phantoms game if they want to buy winter classic tickets :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Phantoms?

They still exist?
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

read that they are making people buy tickets to the old timers game as well as the phantoms game if they want to buy winter classic tickets :roll:

I don't think so. The email I got they are offering seperate tix to both of those events. I have no desire to hit either one of them. Pretty sure they are on new years day. If I'm going to be in philly on new years day, the last place I want to be is at a sporting event (philly people will know what I mean).

Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of complaining about this ticket distribution for the classic.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think so. The email I got they are offering seperate tix to both of those events. I have no desire to hit either one of them. Pretty sure they are on new years day. If I'm going to be in philly on new years day, the last place I want to be is at a sporting event (philly people will know what I mean).

Anyway, I'm sure there will be lots of complaining about this ticket distribution for the classic.

hmm....this is what i read

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... hl-wp15624

http://articles.philly.com/2011-10-24/s ... -bank-park
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Interesting. Well, the lottery I entered is only for classic tix. If I don't win that (again, it's a long shot), I will be hitting stubhub for tix I guess. Just checked and they're not even listed on there yet.

This has debacle written all over it
    sounds like the package deal was just for season ticket holders.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

they are getting less tickets to distribute then they sell regularly at the Wells Fargo Center. that's pretty ridiculous for playing a game in a larger stadium. although haven't heard what CBP will hold for this.
    I didn't read the articles but I thought they were forcing only the season ticket holders to buy all 3 games

I didn't read the articles but I thought they were forcing only the season ticket holders to buy all 3 games

that be the conclusion or is it collusion
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    From Twitter : Eric Lindros just on w/ us...& has OFFICIALLY committed to playing in the Winter Classic Alumni Game w/ his Legion Of Doom linemates Dec 31.

From Twitter : Eric Lindros just on w/ us...& has OFFICIALLY committed to playing in the Winter Classic Alumni Game w/ his Legion Of Doom linemates Dec 31.

they should televise these games.

so that gets me thinking....when was the last time we had a great nickname line? i can't think of any good ones in the last 10 years for any team.

:?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

so that gets me thinking....when was the last time we had a great nickname line? i can't think of any good ones in the last 10 years for any team.

if you are not being sarcastic the NHL network usually televises the Alumni Game.
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

if you are not being sarcastic the NHL network usually televises the Alumni Game.

i was being serious....i wanted to watch mario a couple of years back...i looked for the game but couldn't find it. was it televised live or taped and shown later?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i was being serious....i wanted to watch mario a couple of years back...i looked for the game but couldn't find it. was it televised live or taped and shown later?

ok wasn't sure :) - i'm almost positive it is live. NHL network usually does all their programming live from the site all weekend long.
  • If I don't get the lottery for the actual game, the alumni game would be a decent consolation I guess.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

ok wasn't sure :) - i'm almost positive it is live. NHL network usually does all their programming live from the site all weekend long.

i'll look for it this year....but like i said, i looked for the Pens game a couple of years ago without success.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'll look for it this year....but like i said, i looked for the Pens game a couple of years ago without success.

that might not have been a weekend so it could have be add odd time. this year with the game on monday the alumni game would be saturday or sunday so should be much easier to find i suspect. not sure what time they play it though.