The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    81 wrote:

hmmm you are just kicking my ass today aren't you? i mis-rememered i guess. could have sworn...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sounds like they are trying to find Renberg to complete the line....

any word on who is in net tonight?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bryzgalov

there you have it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This team needs to go to finishing school.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    This team needs to go to finishing school.

beat me to it. was just gonna post that jvr is reminding me of brind a'mour tonight. or jeff carter in the playoffs.

he's had about 20 chances
    OK time for shelly to go after subban
    Time for face off practice...

And finishing

And stick control

And interference rules

And maybe they can get a second line going on a reg basis
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

fight to change momentum and maybe get on a 4-game win streak? :lol::lol:

Montreal got some lucky-ass bounces last night. hard to believe Bryzgalov has given up 4-5-4 in his last 3 starts. media will be starting a goalie controversey any day now. at least it's 6 months still until playoff time. and Jagr has really looked much better the last few games.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I missed the game...thankfully

Seemed like plenty of blame to go around

Not getting the puck in deep and defensive zone turnovers are becoming routine with this team

Rinaldo and Gustafasson have been called up

Renberg can't make the winter classic he works for a TV station in Europe and has prior commitments
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    schenn broken left foot
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Per Holmgren: Brayden Schenn suffered a broken left foot in the game last night. He will be out of action for 4 – 6 weeks.

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    philly opinions on jagr so far, 10 games in?

caughta game on versus a week, week and a half ago, and looked like the guy can still skate his balls off.
    rival. wrote:

caughta game on versus a week, week and a half ago, and looked like the guy can still skate his balls off.

he's been better than i thought especially 5 on 5. guy still has skill an is a freak of nature health-wise. they had a story in the philly papers a few days ago that he goes back to their practice rink at midnight for extra skating at least a few times a week.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    rival. wrote:

im a leafs fan, but the other night against the leafs he had 3 breakways and 2 goals 1 assist i think
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    rival. wrote:

His wheels are long gone, but he is a solid skater, excellent working the puck along the boards, excellent passer, knows where aand how to recieve passes. Exceloent hands.

As long as you don't get to aggressive with you d men on offense when he is on the ice....he will be solid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    pjhawks wrote:
    ago, and looked like the guy can still skate his balls off.

he's been better than i thought especially 5 on 5. guy still has skill an is a freak of nature health-wise. they had a story in the philly papers a few days ago that he goes back to their practice rink at midnight for extra skating at least a few times a week.[/quote]

he was a good 5 on 5 guys for the rangers too. skates, protects the puck, draws guys to him and finds the open man.

he never got credit for being one of the strongest guys in the league. damn near impossible to knock him down or get him off the puck.

rangers fans always had mixed emotions about him, but i was upset to see him go. every team needs ONE guy that the other team talks about prior to the game and makes it their priority to shut down. he was that one guy for the rangers those few years on broadway.

the blackhawk coverage out here is out of control. hard to get anything non-blackhawks and i am not home enough to get the NHL package.
    Schenn out with a broken foot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Montreal got some lucky-ass bounces last night. hard to believe Bryzgalov has given up 4-5-4 in his last 3 starts. media will be starting a goalie controversey any day now. at least it's 6 months still until playoff time. and Jagr has really looked much better the last few games.

nah, more because I think subban is a word I can't print here. the game was already decided, I just want to see that dude get his ass whooped. if anyone in the NHL deserves it, it is him
    Per Holmgren: Brayden Schenn suffered a broken left foot in the game last night. He will be out of action for 4 – 6 weeks.

he's been awful anyway.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    Schenn out with a broken foot

the mets got piazza
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

His wheels are long gone, but he is a solid skater, excellent working the puck along the boards, excellent passer, knows where aand how to recieve passes. Exceloent hands.

As long as you don't get to aggressive with you d men on offense when he is on the ice....he will be solid

he helps the PP immensely as well and that was one of their biggest weaknesses in the playoffs last year.

hopefully he can stay healthy. If they get 65-70 games out of him the one year deal will look tremendous. much better than overpaying leino. apparently the buffalo fans are already on him for not producing. thank god the flyers didn't give in to his ridiculous contract demands
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    rival. wrote:

you cfan't complain about a guy who has 8 points in 9 games. also from what i hear the players really like him. the guy is a winner.

now on to the Jets tonight, i wonder if Ilya will start in goal. may need to so that he can get a win. not impressed so far with him but hell its still early.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

nah, more because I think subban is a word I can't print here. the game was already decided, I just want to see that dude get his ass whooped. if anyone in the NHL deserves it, it is him
    There's half a team of Flyers to go through before we get to Subban.
    rival. wrote:

So far so good

I thought he could get 20 goals with this year if he stayed healthy

My only concern is the wear and tear on the guy..not as much open ice in the NHL like in the European rinks

Come playoff time hopefully he has his legs

The Fixer wrote:

he's been awful anyway.

Little surpirsed he hasn't had more of an impact

I still would keep him here all year and see what the kid has

fife wrote:
    rival. wrote:

you cfan't complain about a guy who has 8 points in 9 games. also from what i hear the players really like him. the guy is a winner.

now on to the Jets tonight, i wonder if Ilya will start in goal. may need to so that he can get a win. not impressed so far with him but hell its still early.

I think Lavy needs to stop with this yo-yo goalie thing again

You're paying a guy 9mil a year leave him in

BOB in tonight :roll:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    :roll: come on it's WINNIPEG!!!!!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA