The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    don't understand the fascination hockey fans have with fighting. put me in the category of people who think it's time has passed. when we need to keep spots for no talent players like jody shelley and zac rinaldo it's time to rethink the usefullness.

gayest statement ever made

feel free to try and explain the purpose that hockey allows guys that have no baring on the game or talent to beat the shit out of each other. and don't give me this protection bullshit. all they do is beat on each other. it's not like the goons fight regular players anymore. so sidney crosby or ovechkin gets hit and each team sends out a goon to fight each other - how is that protecting crosby or any other top line player? it's stupid and has outlived it's usefullness.

of course you don't think goals are important so... :roll:

and the gayest thing said in any of these threads was the dudes talking about pumpkin beer. beer shouldn't be flavored with fucking pumpkin. that's retarded.

but hey those are just a few of my many correct opinions :D
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    zedeno chara is a pretty good player right? did you see him fight last night to try to spark a struggling team? nathan horton did as well. happens all the time. it's part of the game.

you see a guy or two get hurt and overreact like everyone else. it's sports, there are going to be injuries.

the pussification of the USA continues...so annoying
    also, I will drink any kind of beer. I like pumpkin beer a lot. don't see the big deal.
    The Fixer wrote:
    also, I will drink any kind of beer. I like pumpkin beer a lot. don't see the big deal.

you can spark a team with a big hit or maybe even a fucking goal. and i don't see how sending one of the 3 best defensive in the league off the ice for a minimum of 5 minutes can be considered a good thing for a team. try again...

pumpkin beer...speaking of the pussification of america
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd rather drink 7.50 old style at wrigley than have to ever drink anouther pumpkin beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you can spark a team with a big hit or maybe even a fucking goal. and i don't see how sending one of the 3 best defensive in the league off the ice for a minimum of 5 minutes can be considered a good thing for a team. try again...

so you're saying that a player can't spark a team with a fight?? dude, you are lost. this could be worse than your defense or ryan howard or your theory that NFL teams should pass 90% of the time.

Remember game 6 of the playoff series between the pens/flyers a few years ago (you know the one where your boy jeff carter did nothing. well, that was every playoff series). The flyers were up 3-0 and max talbot goaded dan carcillo into a fight. talbot got his ass kicked, but tried to spark his team. crosby scored a minute after the fight and the pens went on to win 4-3.

so yeah, you're wrong as usual. I don't know why I bother with you. I have better sports debates with my dog
    seriously, what male sports fans doesn't like fights??

Oh no, they're about to punch each other. turn it off, I can't take the violence!! Someone might get hurt

You must love the new NFL rules where guys aren't allowed to hit each other
    edited October 2011
    81 wrote:
    i'd rather drink 7.50 old style at wrigley than have to ever drink anouther pumpkin beer.

I'll drink any beer. I like variety. Pumpkin beer is good. I really don't see the big deal, it's not like I said I like wine coolers or frozen drinks.

Stouts and porters tend to be my favorite types of beer. Guinness is my #1. I'll drink anything from miller lite to shit with fruit in it (Hoegarden, Blue Moon, Corona) to ginger beer to budweiser red.

I love beer. I just get sick of drinking the same shit all the time.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • The Fixer wrote:

It's ok. Some people don't know anything about hockey or beer.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'll drink any beer. I like variety. Pumpkin beer is good. I really don't see the big deal.

Stouts and porters tend to be my favorite types of beer. Guinness is my #1. I'll drink anything from miller lite to shit with fruit in it (Hoegarden, Blue Moon, Corona) to ginger beer to budweiser red.

i'll drink skunked natty light before i have anouther pumpkin beer. shit

i agree on porter and stouts...mmm...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'll drink any beer. I like variety. Pumpkin beer is good. I really don't see the big deal.

i agree on porter and stouts...mmm...

I'm trying to think of a type of beer I don't like. None really come to mind. I'd probably say Heineken is my least favorite. I think it smells/tastes skunked sometimes. But Heineken Lite is delicious, which is weird.

Not a big fan of Sam Adams seasonals. Bought a case of Sam Adams winter lager a few years ago to have in the house for the holidays. That case lasted until Labor Day (which just doesn't happen in my house)
    edited October 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

so you're saying that a player can't spark a team with a fight?? dude, you are lost. this could be worse than your defense or ryan howard or your theory that NFL teams should pass 90% of the time.

Remember game 6 of the playoff series between the pens/flyers a few years ago (you know the one where your boy jeff carter did nothing. well, that was every playoff series). The flyers were up 3-0 and max talbot goaded dan carcillo into a fight. talbot got his ass kicked, but tried to spark his team. crosby scored a minute after the fight and the pens went on to win 4-3.

so yeah, you're wrong as usual. I don't know why I bother with you. I have better sports debates with my dog

it's not that i don't enjoy a good fight, but it's the only sport that even remotely tolerates it. and the only level of the sport that allows it in the world. if it's so important to the game why does no other level than the NHL and their minor leagues allow it?

and the league has done everything it can to outlay blows to the head...yet allows it in fighting. that makes no sense. not even you can explain the hypocrisy of that.

and i'm offended that idiots like Zac Rinaldo and Jody Shelley are paid professional athletes with no talent whatsoever. and yet we hate guys who are top 10 scorers in the league. makes no fucking sense.

edit: you guys probably put orange slices in your beer too :roll: pumpkin beer and orange slices aren't beer their fucking wine coolers

and Fixer watch the HBO Real Sports - then come back to me with your thoughts on the goons. Seriously i'd love to hear your thoughts on the story.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • 81 wrote:

Some of them are. So are some porters & stouts.

This is the first year I really found some good pumpkin beers. Not sweet-tasting or girly, but just really good beers. And we're talking 8-10% alcohol here. They're not pussy beers. But just keep living by your stereotypes - I will enjoy them for you.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    81 wrote:

This is the first year I really found some good pumpkin beers. Not sweet-tasting or girly, but just really good beers. And we're talking 8-10% alcohol here. They're not pussy beers. But just keep living by your stereotypes - I will enjoy them for you.

i've had tons of beers...i'd say i've had well over 100 different beers and the pumking beer was the first i have not been able to finish. it was bad. i expected a hint of pumpkin taste...instead i got the worst beer ever....don't even know how to describe it, beyond bad. i will never try anouther pumpkin beer. yuck

i've had porters and stouts that weren't great, but still finishable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    all beer sucks...as do the flyboys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

how are the bottom of the standings treating you or has it become such a habit over the last decade that you don't notice any more?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

how are the bottom of the standings treating you or has it become such a habit over the last decade that you don't notice any more?

only 4 games in ...and we got half of the points..not as bad as it seems

btw...watch the highlights of hank last night..that's a goalie
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's not that i don't enjoy a good fight, but it's the only sport that even remotely tolerates it. and the only level of the sport that allows it in the world. if it's so important to the game why does no other level than the NHL and their minor leagues allow it?

and the league has done everything it can to outlay blows to the head...yet allows it in fighting. that makes no sense. not even you can explain the hypocrisy of that.

and i'm offended that idiots like Zac Rinaldo and Jody Shelley are paid professional athletes with no talent whatsoever. and yet we hate guys who are top 10 scorers in the league. makes no fucking sense.

edit: you guys probably put orange slices in your beer too :roll: pumpkin beer and orange slices aren't beer their fucking wine coolers

what does your first paragraph even mean? you like fighting, but you think they should abolish it because no other sport has it. that makes a ton of sense. they should take away ice skates in hockey too...no other sport uses them. and basketball players should wear gloves since every other sport does.

you can't compare hockey to other sports. fighting has been in the game for 100 years. why get rid of it now?

I think the new NHL rules on hits are gay too. Most of the time a player is trying to hit a moving target. 99% of hits are made without an intent to injure. Again, injuries are part of the game. These guys get paid enough to deal with any injury they get IMO.

keep defending jeff carter and ryan howard :roll: . I guess playoff performance doesnt matter to you at all. not surprising
    hockey needs fighting......dubi got run by biexsa(sp) last night and turned around and fought him....case closed...no lingering problems
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i've had tons of beers...i'd say i've had well over 100 different beers and the pumking beer was the first i have not been able to finish. it was bad. i expected a hint of pumpkin taste...instead i got the worst beer ever....don't even know how to describe it, beyond bad. i will never try anouther pumpkin beer. yuck

i've had porters and stouts that weren't great, but still finishable.

I had a pumpkin beer the other night at cavanaugh's in philly (forget what brewery it was from). Wasnt good. I finished it though. Actually I was too lazy to ask them what they had on tap so I had three of them :D

Pumpkin beer is just like any other type of beer. Some brands will be better than others.
    hockey needs fighting......dubi got run by biexsa(sp) last night and turned around and fought him....case closed...no lingering problems

exactly. there would be more injuries if they take fighting away. punks like chris neil taking runs at guys with no reprecussions.

plus fights are awesome. why anyone with a set would want to get rid of them is beyond me
    81 wrote:

I saw the end of the third period. He's a beast. I see your squad is averaging a whopping 2 goals a game so far. That's about a goal better than last year, but still pretty shitty.
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly. there would be more injuries if they take fighting away. punks like chris neil taking runs at guys with no reprecussions.

plus fights are awesome. why anyone with a set would want to get rid of them is beyond me

im pro fighting by a million miles

granted their are times when it happens for no reason ....ie a blowout game and whatnot...that is a black eye for the game

perfect example is asham last week.....i bet ya the dude on the other team won't be running star players who aren't tough guys anymore...learned a very hard lesson
    81 wrote:

and still in last place in the division

if it wasn't for hank, you guys would be as bad as the blue jackets.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

im pro fighting by a million miles

granted their are times when it happens for no reason ....ie a blowout game and whatnot...that is a black eye for the game

perfect example is asham last week.....i bet ya the dude on the other team won't be running star players who aren't tough guys anymore...learned a very hard lesson

I agree. The bad types of fights you're talking about happen in EVERY sport though.

You see the canes/bruins highlights last night? horton will probably get suspended
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

I saw the end of the third period. He's a beast. I see your squad is averaging a whopping 2 goals a game so far. That's about a goal better than last year, but still pretty shitty.

im just breaking 81 balls

hank stole 2 points last night

again we have only played 4 games and i am hoping that 4 goal 3rd period will get them going abit

also richards gabby and stephan have dominated the past 2 games....loving that line and gabby has 3 goals in 4 games which is a good sign for us ...hopefully they stay healthy

nedless to say the flyers have a chance to make alot of noise this year.....time will tell

again we have only played 4 games and i am hoping that 4 goal 3rd period will get them going abit

also richards gabby and stephan have dominated the past 2 games....loving that line and gabby has 3 goals in 4 games which is a good sign for us ...hopefully they stay healthy

nedless to say the flyers have a chance to make alot of noise this year.....time will tell

Flyers have looked good. I wish the playoffs started tomorrow. Unfortunately we have 6 months of regular season to make it through first :shock:
    The Fixer wrote:

Flyers have looked good. I wish the playoffs started tomorrow. Unfortunately we have 6 months of regular season to make it through first :shock:

yea but the regular season is most important ;):lol:
    The Fixer wrote:

yea but the regular season is most important ;):lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

what does your first paragraph even mean? you like fighting, but you think they should abolish it because no other sport has it. that makes a ton of sense. they should take away ice skates in hockey too...no other sport uses them. and basketball players should wear gloves since every other sport does.

you can't compare hockey to other sports. fighting has been in the game for 100 years. why get rid of it now?

I think the new NHL rules on hits are gay too. Most of the time a player is trying to hit a moving target. 99% of hits are made without an intent to injure. Again, injuries are part of the game. These guys get paid enough to deal with any injury they get IMO.

keep defending jeff carter and ryan howard :roll: . I guess playoff performance doesnt matter to you at all. not surprising

hey i like goals and runs since they you know are kind of important and essential to you know winning and losing unlike you know fighting. let's see if any of these boys can score 36 for the franchise like carter did last year.